Page 1 of 29 
Username Post: JUNE NEW LAYOUTS        (Topic#1577061)
Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Welcome to the June edition of New Layouts. Thanks to Donna for hosting May!

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.
So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

June -- Anna
July --- Stacey
August --- Terry
September --- Mandi

***Birthday List***

If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!

Donna January 12
Cheryl January 13
Denise February 13
Mandi February 17
Ashley March 1
Cathe March 18
Jeannie April 3
Katy May 1
Mel July 27
Terry August 5
Tish August 9
Stacey August 10
Jojo August 25
Ali November 3
Anna December 24

Here is the June sketch. It is by craftysprinkles here at sb.com. Please give her a shout out if you use the sketch.

Sketch 0001 By Craftysprinkles

Layouts using the June sketch:

One Love By Abby0317

US Army By Anna C

remember this By Scrapkaty

Upper Falls By Rockmom

Lunna By Dollscrap

Daughter - Dear To My Heart By Cdjohnson

December 25th By DittoBabyGirl

Edited by Anna C on 06-24-12 06:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Im here Im here!! Once baby comes I promise to get caught up with love in May!

TY all for keeping my friend in your thoughts. There has been no change in his condition. I really wish I could go up and see him. If I wasnt this pregnant I would be taking a road trip up tonight.

Woke up this morning with a sore throat yuck.. AJ is away at daycare/prek for the day so it just Natalia and I right now...Today is definitely going to be a cuddle and nap kinda day. Maybe after a play date of my little ponies. Lol

And TY to Donna for hosting last month and Anna for this month.

Edited by SQ Mandi on 05-31-12 03:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Thanks Donna for hosting May and and Anna for June!!

Good morning to all. I am off today and tomorrow. Of course, quite a bit of today will be spenting cleaning and doing household chores. Tomorrow Priscilla and I are going to see Snow White and the Huntsman.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

I saw the critque of that movie, Cheryl, it is definitely not what I was expecting!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

OOh you will have to post a review of that movie.. A friend of mine who is coming in June wants to see it while she is here..I am not sure about it though.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to SQ Mandi

Hi June thread...I sure hope I do a better job of keeping up.

my dds and I may see Snow White. I'm intrigued.

So unless she comes today Mandi I guess you'll be having a June baby. My dds still have their My Little Ponies..lol.

Thanks for hosting Anna..I sure do love that sketch. Can we use it in other challenges?

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to dollscrap

Hi Jeannie.

Yes, I know. We are hoping baby comes tonight or atleast starts to lol
Jessa and Natalia have all my 80's MLP and Leandra and Ilannas MLP as well as some of the new ones. Tali plays with them mostly.

So I dont know if I had posted, but Saturday we ended up with a new family member. My neighbors great Aunt gave her to us. The aunt was going into a nursing home and could not bring it with her...We have a Black mouth cur dog. She will be 2 in June. Very sweet dog. Great with the kids, and trained so well. I have a pic of her in my gallery. Her name was Dixie but the kids call her Daisy and she seems to have taken to that name. Lol

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to SQ Mandi

Well I do think I am off to charge up my phone and take a mini nap before my phone conference. I will be back later.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

Heading out to lunch and Walmart with Priscilla. I have MOST of my cleaning done!!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Jeannie, yes the sketch can be used in other challenges. Mandi has the sketch in her gallery here. All she asks is that if we use it, we give her credit for the sketch.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

Thanks to our wonderful hostesses, ya'll rock!

Mandi, I thought I might wake up to news of a new little one.

Cheryl, enjoy the movie, I can't wait to hear what its like.

Nice looking sketch Anna, thanks for posting.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

DOO

Boiling Pots Boardwalk Yellowstone By Rockmom

Today is my DD2's and her DH 4th anniversary. Does not seem possible and makes me feel old.

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to Anna C

count me in!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to Twinlets Mama

id like to play please..

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to YourScrapAttack

Rhonda - Welcome! We have very few rules and have a really friendly group. If you didn't already, please take a glance at the very few "rules" that we have. We welcome everyone!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Terry, how is your DH today?

Welcome, Rhonda!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Jeannie, the answer to your question is yes, one large pot full and many pots full, both!

Here is the writeup:

A mudpot — or mud pool — is a sort of acidic hot spring, or fumarole, with limited water. It usually takes the form of a pool of bubbling mud. The acid and microorganisms decompose surrounding rock into clay and mud.

The mud of a mudpot takes the form of a viscous, often bubbling, slurry. As the boiling mud is often squirted over the brims of the mudpot, a sort of mini-volcano of mud starts to build up, sometimes reaching heights of 3–5 feet. Although mudpots are often called "mud volcanoes", true mud volcanoes are very different in nature. The mud of a mudpot is generally of white to greyish color, but is sometimes stained with reddish or pink spots from iron compounds. When the slurry is particularly colorful, the feature may be referred to as a paint pot.

Mudpots form in high-temperature geothermal areas where water is in short supply. The little water that is available rises to the surface at a spot where the soil is rich in volcanic ash, clay and other fine particulates. The thickness of the mud usually changes along with seasonal changes in the water table.

I see that some of the boardwalks now have railings but there are still some without. The ground around these boardwalks may appear to be soild but don't be fooled, it is often just a thin crust with boiling hot water and mud beneath.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Hi Ladies! Finally made it back from the hospital and everything went very well with the surgery. He's under strick instructions not to lift over 10 lbs until Aug---well, I can enforce that for about 2 days while he hurts!!! We do have a wonderful & talented surgeon so I wasn't worried. (my mom died due to hernia surgery complications & my stress lvl today was hi)

I also hired the bathroom tile work to be done so DH won't try to do it and rip something. When I got the quote the guy was being fair if we were in a great economy! I told him to take off $700 and we had a deal because that was what was in my bank acct. Surprisingly, he did!

Can you believe I'm still messing with the lo I did from the May's sketch. Just something isn't right & I keep tweeking it. I love Mandi's (craftysprinkles) sketch and will do it too!

I really want to see that movie! The dark side of Snow White Disney never imagined!!! Definitely give us some reviews Cheryl!

Thank you Donna & Anna for hosting May/June!
Did the powers that be move this thread to the interactive/challenges instead of the Scrap Chat area??? Just so I know where to go get it when I'm 10% awake!!!

Time to go cook something simple, not spicy, & easy to eat....mashed potatoes come to mind....

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Terry, I guess I posted it in the wrong forum section. I had a terrbile time trying to get the post uploaded. Had it all ready and hit submit and it just vanished. Tried it again and it never would go thru. Finally, got it all loaded. I guess if it is ot supposed to be here, I will get a message to move it. You should probably but it back in the Scrap Chat next month.
I was so consumed with trying to get it uploaded that I didn't realize I was in the wrong place. So sorry for any confusion that I may have created.

Hi Rhonda, welcome to our group. As Cheryl stated earlier, just read the first post and you will be familiar with how things work around here. I look forward to seeing your work posted here.

Edited by Anna C on 06-01-12 02:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to Anna C

Evening ladies.

Welcome Rhonda.

Anna... I was wondering. But it really isnt a big deal, again, thanks for hosting this month. I would love to host one month after baby arrives if thats okay. Maybe August if you dont have anyone lined up?

Page 1 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics