Page 4 of 29 
Username Post: JUNE NEW LAYOUTS        (Topic#1577061)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Mandi-sooo sorry to hear about your friend. Thats awful Will keep his family in my prayers

My concrete drama: Turns out I was wrong...they didn't pout the concrete in the rain. Thank goodness my next door neighbor was home. The guy showed up to do the work but my neighbor was like NOT in this rain. The guy was insisting so my neighbor said fine...you pour it but you're gonna come and rip it out and repour it once it cracks. Cause in this rain it WILL crack. The guy refused to guarantee the work so my neighbor said well then I guess you ain't pouring it today. I DON'T want the guy to come back...hubby said he'll see cause of the price. I mean I know its HALF...but if he's gonna do a half *ss job then we ain't saving anything. Grrrrr...men!

Glad I'm done with potty training...my least favorite part of raising kids lol

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to DittoBabyGirl

happy girl *Circle Challenge* By Twinlets Mama

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Twinlets Mama

ACU2H

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Dropping off:

It's a wonderful world By Cdjohnson

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to cdjohnson

practice makes perfect! By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

its your day By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama

our first home By Twinlets Mama

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
OO, we just did the potty training thing with Cara our DGD. DH, her Poppy, put a jar on the counter and a pile of pennies. Everytime she went potty she got a penny. IF she went without someone asking her she got two pennies and when she went #2 she got five pennies. If she had an accident they took out a penny. When the jar was full her and Poppy went to the playground or the Carousel ponies in the Mall, or to the playground at MickyDs. Did the trick lickty-split! They were here for three weeks so they made several trips. It was so cute, she'd run down the hallway shouting, "Gotta pee in 6 seconds!" Everyone would get outta her way and she made it almost every time. Good luck to y'all!

Anna, no problems from me, I just always add the thread to my favorite topics and get to it from there. Don't feel bad, its not a big deal. I always appreciate y'all hosting each month's threads!!!

Jeannie, I saw some recent photos of the boardwalks and they are much wider than they were in 1965. Notice in the photo how narrow they were, they'd never get away with that nowadays. Someplaces even have railings today.

Mandi, you must be proud of little Jessa!

Thats a super idea! thanks for the heads up!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hello, everyone:

I was at HL this afternoon, looking for stickers for the scrapbook I am making for the first 5 years of the life of the son of a friend. I had just finished the "Jay and santa" page, and I thought his mom said "Thomas the truck" when I asked what Jay wanted from Santa. I thought some stickers would be cute on teh LO. Well, I was looking for "Thomas the truck" stickers and only found "Thomas the train." Tonight I found out that it really IS "Thomas the TRAIN.' I don't know for sure if I will buy them: they come in a pack of 8 for $3.99. I do not need 8, and I don't forsee much of a need for Thomas the Train stickers! But I will have to change that part of the LO.

If consternation over Thomas the Truck vs. Thomas the Train is my biggest problem today, I am doing pretty well!:)

Kim

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to jaspernonyx

Mandi...I'm so sorry for your loss! Very tragic when someone so young passes!
Cheryl...I still want to see Snow White and even more so now.
Anna...thanks for asking. Steve was a hurting dude today. Doc said it was going to happen but the big tough guy didn't believe it. Plus he really wanted to help the tile guy but couldn't, wanted to help me unload groceries & I sent him away. Poor thing...!
Denise/Donna...yep I sent my kids to preschool when it was potty training time! It took them a couple of weeks and it was all over. Beings as we had boys, I put cheap little plastic floating boats in the toilet and the trick was to hit the boat. They were wanting to potty all the time!
Donna...I know here in the NW they pour concrete in the rain all the time. Don't know if something is added or what. But that guy sounds like a jerk and I wouldn't let him back...don't care if he is half price. I've dealt with a few of those types of contractors. One who I've known since he was 17 tried to bill me for his 16 yr old son who just sat around and did no work. I was livid.

Welp, I'm off to bed...long day and I think I get to work pulling weeds tomorrow. (Hope it rains!)

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Morning!

Lots to do today. We have gone form 90 to 50 with lots of wind too. Cold!

Have a great day everyone!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to SQ Mandi

• SQ Mandi Said:
Ladies, I want to thank you all for the thoughts and prayers you sent up for my friend/brother. I just got the word that he passed away a little bit ago. Please keep his family, especially his children in your thoughts.

ss mandi,my prayer are for the familys

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to tealbrand

happy sat

got some insurance that i can afford
dh is at a sporting clay shoot contest !cheryl i cannot wait to see that movie,donna i saw these worker over here pour concrete in the rain and frame the house in the rain :spitcoffee:the new owner are going to have problem

acu2h on love need to go find me a canopy and pay some bills
terry hope dh get better soon,

Edited by tealbrand on 06-02-12 05:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to tealbrand

Mandi so so sorry about your friend. I was praying he'd pull through. I'll remember his family in my prayers. So sad for them.

Kim on the card with the fireworks...is that a stamp or a sticker? It is really cute and The 4thof July is my second most favorite holiday.

Hi to all....and welcome Rhonda.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to scrappin 2

LOL, Terry, whan I was the curiculuum director at the private school and preschool we scheduled potty training weeks. Nothing but the kids wearing underwear and taking them to potty all week. Potty taining boot camp! LOL It did work because all the kids saw each other succeding and wanted in on the action. We had to have them potty trained by 3 because our three's classroom had no facilities for diapers, just regular restrooms so if they weren't trained we could not move them up from the 2 1/2 year old class. Not good.

Mel, yay for affordable insurance!!! That is wonderful.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Mandi, so sorry for your loss!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good evening!! I had a great day at work and now home to catch up on my forums and probably do some reading and crocheting before bed.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hi Cheryl. Enjoy the book and crocheting.

HL had 50% off some scraping stuff. I got an album and a few sheets of pp. Michaels had 40% off and I got some adhesives, pps, and a MS punch. I also had a 40$ off regular prices item so the adhesive for my ATG was $4 off. Js had 50% off scrapbook stuff. I got more pps and another MS punch set.

DH had new AC/heat unit installed today, the old one was way worn out. The furnace had bad holes in it and the condenser was about to rust thru. We got a good deal, hope it does a good job. Its a 1/2 ton larger and has 12 SEER rating. Not the very best rating but it has to be better than the old one and it was a GREAT price.

under5feet
Diva
under5feet
In response to rockmom

I'd like to join in. This sounds like a fun challenge and reading the post-you sound like a good group. Just a little worried about putting the lo on the thread. But I will ask for help if I need it when the time comes. I am pretty good about giving love because I love to look at other people's work! Gets the creative juices flowing!

Corky

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to under5feet

Hey corky welcome!!

Page 4 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics