Page 1 of 18 
Username Post: June Budget Challenge - even enablers are welcome here!        (Topic#1577065)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome to the June BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...)

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatting bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of June that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, wishlist or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

Note: I have already listed the players from last month - but please feel free to join in at any time!

Vivian:
Budget: $75-$8=$67-$40=$27
Wish: "stuff" to help with making eyes on die cuts - I'll have that list later after watching video again (small items from HL that really isn't too much $$), svg files (girl can't have too many), and face stamps AND colored CS
Twist: PP - use what I got

Pat:
Budget of $50-$6=$43-$2=$41
Wish List : NOTHING. I'm going to run on a 100% pure impulse budget this month.
Twist : Cricut Cartridges (I don't even use the ones I have!)

Tammy:
Budget British: $150-$5=$145-$118=$27-$14 =$13
Budget Canadian $50-$5=$45-$3=$42
WISH: (UK) SU Dr Bag, Mocha Morning DSP, CAN My Digital Studios stuff - $50 gets me a free stamp set
TWIST: no non SU embossing folders!

Courtney:
Budget: $300-$40=$260-$40=$220-$2 6=$194-$45=$149-$42=$107 (plus the $100 hubby gave her)
Wishlist:crop, expo
Twist:

Sonja:
Budget: $100-$35=$65-$26=$39-$39
Wishlist: Prima Laredo flowers, Prima SunKiss tiles, Prima Doodle-Deux flowers, Prima SunKiss bling, Prima Burlap flowers, Basic Grey Out-of-Print pprs, Bella Blvd 'Baby Boy' collection, Graphic 45 'TropicalTravelogue' pprs, 6-tier container storage rack, Amy Tangerine Thickers/Sketchbook pprs, Bo Bunny 'Camp-a-Lot' 'On-the-Go' or 'Zoology' mini album, MS 'doily lace' punch, Bazzill In-Stitchz template
Twist: NO inks or mists, no other flowers or punches and NO. MORE. PAPER! (OTHER than paper on the wishlist)

Alissa:
BUDGET: spent a few bucks on punches for her son!
WISH LIST: shopping next month with Vivian!
TWIST: apparently none - she is making her own rules this month - but using money from the CKC demoing she earned so hey we gotta let that slide - I mean have you checked her out on HC?

Tina:
Budget: $75-$4=$71-$5=$66-$10=$56 -$20=$36
Wishlist: Echo park Paradise Beach collection I could use a secret sister like that!
The rest will all be impulse I'm sure.
Twist: Nothing full price, no ribbon

Katie:
Budget: $30-$5=$25-$3=$22-$4=$18- $1=$17
Wish: Glue dots , stuff for albums I've been making for eons, stamps, clips for custom clip it, materials for an anniversary and wedding card.
Twist: Nothing full price, not ATG tape.

Kelly: yeah she is back!!!
Budget: $75-$18=$57-$29=$28-$13=$ 15 = BUSTED
Wish: Silhouette mat, Silhouette blade, Perfect Pearls pigment powders, Spellbinders
Twist: No embellishments that aren't needed to COMPLETE a page. BUSTED

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 06-29-12 11:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I'm in this month. I have to think of a budget and what I want. DH spent $125 on his hobby last month, so I can spend that much, but we're moving and need to save $ for that and a new place. Oh, the responsibilities of being an adult!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to kdinsmore

Add me.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Kamananui

I just became an Expert!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

Kelly - added you - I was sure I had done so this morning - not sure what happened to that post!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Thank you tammy!!! I am going to set my budget at $300

And you can take off $40 for a fundraising crop on the 9th LOL...then I am going to the expo on the 30th...lets hope i can behave!!

Wishlist: Second Chance Crop, and anything else i want LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Holy Scrap C R A P Batman!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Okay, I want Courtney's budget...

LOL! LOVE that I'm already on here!
I gotta think about my budget this month... there are a few things I want and have saved in various shopping carts... lol

Budget: $100
Wishlist: Prima Laredo flowers, Prima SunKiss tiles, Prima Doodle-Deux flowers, Prima SunKiss bling, Prima Burlap flowers, Basic Grey Out-of-Print pprs, Bella Blvd 'Baby Boy' collection, Graphic 45 'Tropical Travelogue' pprs, 6-tier container storage rack, Amy Tangerine Thickers/Sketchbook pprs, Bo Bunny 'Camp-a-Lot' 'On-the-Go' or 'Zoology' mini album, MS 'doily lace' punch, Bazzill In-Stitchz template
Twist: NO inks or mists, no other flowers or punches and NO. MORE. PAPER!

My list is long, but I am already planning on NOT getting half of it... LOL!

Edited by SonjaC on 05-31-12 12:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

Ok.

Budget of $50
Wish List : NOTHING. I'm going to run on a 100% pure impulse budget this month.
Twist : Cricut Cartridges (I don't even use the ones I have!)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to GentlewoodFarms

That's brave of you Pat...

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

Just call me Madam Fearless. Oh Princess Idiotic. Whichever you think best suits.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Fearless is much better than idiotic Pat and I love your wishlist of impulse buying - I think we should all allow ourselves that from time to time.

Sonja (I kinda added a caveat to your Twist since you had papers in your wishlist - so I am not confused).

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Woohoo I have a 4 day weekend - tomorrow we are going to York for the day, then to the hospital to visit with my mil (poor lady is doing really poorly and she is such a sweetie) but then 2 days to play!!!!

and wouldn't you know it but Cut at Home has a bunch of embossing folders on Clear out for the month of June - oh well I shall resist, resist, resist (not easy since there is a TH one I love)

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 06-01-12 04:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

Sonja...I just found out that Pennsylvania (where I work) doesnt have short term disability Therefore, I will not get paid maternity leave....well MAN THAT SUCKS!! We are planning on me staying home after the baby anyway so its no big deal...just means much LESS scrappy budget...

So I am going to live it up now HAHAHA!!

Tammy...so glad you have all of your stuff hope you are feeling creative soon! And thanks for allowing us enablers in here HAHAHA

Pat, I love your wishlist LOL...can't wait to see what you end up with

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

That's okay Courtney - I am just perusing my UK SU Catties which arrived today and planning my budgets for the rest of the year lol!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Well yesterday I sucked it up and bought the MS PATP set I wanted on Amazon. No tax or shipping, so it's more than what I wanted to pay, but not as bad as it could have been. Still kind of undecided about this month, but I know a few things I need/want. (yes, I actually do need some stuff)

Budget: $75

Wish: Silhouette mat, Silhouette blade, Perfect Pearls pigment powders, Spellbinders

Twist: No embellishments that aren't needed to COMPLETE a page.

That's it for now. I can't seem to think of anything. I haven't touched anything in my room (except stuff I needed to make for class samples) since I came home. My mojo got lost in Europe.
I have loads of stuff on my to do list. Maybe I need the Banana Goal Bowl back...

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

Budget $75
Wishlist Echo park Paradise Beach collection
The rest will all be impulse I'm sure.
Twist Nothing full price, no ribbon

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

LOL, thanks Tammy! yeah, that's an important caveat there... I am determined not to bust this month and I'm sure I won't in the first couple weeks at least...

Courtney - Booo on PA!! Well, I suppose it's not that big a deal if you don't plan to go back to work after the baby. Yeah... scrappy budget is going ddddoooooowwwwwwnnnnhill the closer this baby gets!

That's okay, Kelly, sometimes we have to pay for what we really want!

Drat, starting to feel the cold migrate to my sinuses... And I need to be healthy this weekend to do some organizing and cleaning! I don't have time to be sick!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

Darn sonja, start drinking OJ or something.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

I splurged a wee bit in May. Still waiting for online Js order. Can't decide on a budget because my shopping appetite is satiated for now...

Page 1 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics