Username Post: can we talk about SYTYCD?        (Topic#1577099)
Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

So You Think You Can Dance

Who has been watching?
Who are your favorites?
I am already loving some of this year's contestants.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Gelidy Gelato

One of my fave shows! I was surprised to really like the "zombie" dancer guy. I don't know how he will do with other styles but I actually felt touched by his dance routine.

I loved the former Cirque dancer. Loved her!

I heard that the format will be different this year, with not only down to one show per week rather than two, but also the judges choosing who goes home. Did anyone else hear that?

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to siameseplease

I loved the aerial pole girl and the circus ring guy. Too bad he couldn't keep up with the choreography. The ballet dancer with the comedy routine made me want to slap him silly. They should have just sent him home instead of letting him dance again. He just made a mockery of the whole process. I loved both the zombie guys - the second more than the first. And those kids who were in the car crash were pretty good too.

Gina, I'm not sure I follow these rule changes you mentioned. Don't the judges always choose who to send home from the ones who poll the lowest votes? Wonder what they're going to do instead? I hope they don't get rid of that dance for your life segment.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to traceyjean

I also loved the aerial pole girl, her extension was ridiculous!!

I don't have any other faves yet.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to traceyjean

TraceyJean, what I heard was that America wouldn't be voting AT ALL. So, from day 1, it will be all on the judges to pick who goes home from all of the dancers (not just America's bottom 3). However, this was a rumor that I heard and I can't find any articles in a google search that mention it. So, hopefully, that's misinformation!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I thought the circus ring performance was really cool and kind of amazing, but like one of the judges said (Mary, I think), I didn't really see dancing. It would have been wild if he was a great dancer, too.

I don't think the comedy routine guy intended to make a mockery of the process. I think he was trying to stand out. Poor judgement on his part, for sure.

The brother and sister from the car accident were pretty good. The girl from Cirque du Soleil (pole dancer girl) was definitely my favorite, though.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

I just LOVE that karate kung fu guy, Cole Horibe. For some reason, he just stood out for me.

I also like both ballroom girls but they seem to already be getting swallowed up by the other girls.

And what was the deal with the belly dancer sitting it out? It just seemed really strange to me. I got a weird vibe that maybe she couldn't do the choregraphy so they had her sit out. This is based on no information what so ever, just a gut feeling.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to Gelidy Gelato

just had to say when i read the title of your thread i thought it was an acronym for a disease

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics