Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Welcome! Read this first...        (Topic#1577125)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Welcome to the neighborhood! We're pleased to meet you, and happy that you've chosen to "move in" to Scrapbook.com and make My Place your home!

So, pull up a chair, grab your beverage of choice, and let's get started! This area is for new neighbors to introduce themselves, and get acquainted with the neighborhood.

We'll begin with a tour of My Place. Click here to view the My Place tutorial. Don't forget to customize your "place" and make it look just how you want it.

As with any neighborhood, there are a few rules to follow. The most important one: Follow the "Golden Rule." Treat others as you'd like to be treated, and always give them the benefit of the doubt. Be nice. Read written correspondence in the most charitable way that you can.

For detailed rules, click here .

The janitorial staff would like to point out a couple of things in particular. First, for the benefit of our neighbors with slower connections, images aren't allowed in signatures. The neighborhood is a very big place, and we'd like everyone to be able to read the threads that they're interested in. So, if you try to add a pic/image to your signature, you'll just see ugly code instead.

Second, please don't post links to other scrapbook/craft sites, font sites, eBay auctions, etsy, etc. If you need to share with another neighbor, please do it via a private message.

Please introduce yourself, and get comfortable! If you have any questions at all, just ask - we're happy to help!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I'm very excited to be a part of this neighborhood! I'm looking forward to learning new things and becoming a skilled scrapbooker!

Patrice

Resident
In response to ervin.patrice

hi all,

my name is dee (naturally lol) and i'm new to scrapbooking and this site even though i joined last year. i said a quick hello, then disappeared but i'm back (gee you guys are sooo lucky hahaha)

i have uploaded some of the work i've done, i have never been to classes or anything, i don't have any tools (well a stanley knife, a cutter ruler mat thingymebob that doesn't seem to work for me lol, oh and a hole punch). i am just a tad obsessed with scrapbooking, and am always looking around (no matter where i am) for things and bobs that i can throw into the mix. the stuff i have bought has all been from cheapy shops as there aren't alot of scrapbooking shops close to me (i live in western sydney)though i did actually enter my first scrapbooking shop last week and thought "wow, i've died and gone to heaven" then immediately thought "hmmmm i need money...lots and lots of money" lol.

looking forward to meeting you all, looking at your wonderful scrapping, learning new tips and tricks and techniques, learning to decipher what you guys are talking about lol and improving on my scrapping. hope to chat to you soon xx

melissasmith
Resident
melissasmith
In response to dee.is.me

Hello, I'm new here and looking for a friendly home! I'm off to explore the rest of the site.

New Kid On the Block
In response to melissasmith

Hi there! I cant wait to learn more about scrapping. I am addicted to this hobby!

New Kid On the Block
In response to teresa8n

Greetings from Nebraska. I am new to scrapbooking and learning something new every day. So happy I found this place. Off to look around.

LaGondaV
New Kid On the Block
LaGondaV

Great to be here. Just started. Have never scrap booked in my life. A friend who was moving brought me a HUGE box of scrap booking materials. She said I needed to learn. I think she was just downsizing what she had to move. LOL
Anyway, I am now intrigued and looking forward to learning and making new friends.

LaGonda

a_hodgins
Resident
a_hodgins

Hey I'm from Ontario CA
I enjoy this ever growing hobby.
I look forward to learning new techniques and talking to new people that share the same interest.

My Blog http://ahodgins.blogspot.ca/

rimamaria
Veteran
rimamaria
In response to a_hodgins

Greetings from New Hampshire
From Suncook, just to be exact. I started Scrapbooking about 16 years ago with the pregnancy of my only Child. But I am new to this forum

I also was involved in a lot of other crafts, as the need of my core family determined

My best friend Amanda introduced me back to scrapbooking in a round a bout way

by the way of Artist Trading Cards

2.5. x 3.5 inch cards painted embellished and YES SCRAPBOOKED.

So I caught the scrapbook virus again

jeannepemberton
New Kid On the Block
jeannepemberton

Hello,
My name is Jeanne and I have been scrapbooking for 2years. I had let it go for a while to plan my wedding and let the chaos from that cool down! I am back into it almost full swing. I am glad to have joined and to be a neighbor!

fibromom1
Tenant
fibromom1

Hi,
I'm known as Fibromom around here. I've been a member for quite awhile but I have severe, debilitating fibromyalgia and I have almost NO SHORT TERM MEMORY. I'm ALWAYS lost when I come here.

I've fallen in love with Pebbles Reaves' "freecycle" area where people can donate stuff and also get stuff FOR FREE. It's super cool. I used it when I first started making cards (as therapy for my brain... and heart!) HOWEVER, I CAN NEVER FIND IT WHEN I GET ON HERE.

Can someone please send me the "map" of how to find it when I come to this site? I always end up having to email Pebbles privately and she sends me a link. I FEEL STUPID.

Knuffel
New Kid On the Block
Knuffel
In response to fibromom1

Hi there! So erm, I'm Knuffel and I'm brand new to the idea of scrapbooking. Since I don't really do photos, I was thinking of doing things with comic strips, newspaper articles, personal artwork and some paper stubs of things having to do with me and my soon to be husband. Looks like I'm gonna have to look stuff up!

I have a great interest in most anything to do with arts and crafts and dabble in several. I write, draw, paint, cross stitch, like paper crafts and recently have even made my own drop earrings. I've even taken a class on cake decorating! Things I would like to eventually learn would be knitting, crocheting, oil painting (Bob Ross ftw!) and of course scrapbooking.

blondiern72
New Kid On the Block
blondiern72

Hello from Moreno Valley CA, I have done 2 scrapbooks so far and can't wait to start my new project (it will be massive), so I am sure I will have tons of questions and am so very glad to have found the neighborhood. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Amanda

DHardina
New Kid On the Block
DHardina
In response to Knuffel

Hey there, I dabble in scrapping but love to make mini albums as gifts for those who do the "photo thing" You may want to check that out. You can make mini alvums pretty quick from paper bags, envelopes or chip board.

New Kid On the Block
In response to DHardina

Hi I'm new, and I just wanted to say hello! I'm new to scrapbooking, so I hope to have some good fun here!

UrnAsh 
New Kid On the Block
In response to kriissy

Got it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to UrnAsh

Hi everyone! I started scrapbooking and art journaling in 2010 and joined scrapbook.com in April 2011. I disappeared after that when I got pregnant and had a whole new project to work on. I want to get back into this wonderful hobby...I've been gone WAY too long!!

smcdavid1
Resident
smcdavid1
In response to BritneyB

Hi every one I'm new here I startet scrapbooking 2004 afther my hubby passed away. looking forward to meet every one here

New Kid On the Block
In response to smcdavid1

Hi all. I started scrapping last year and am now hopelessly addicted. Looking forward to having some fun and learning new tricks and tips from y'all

scrapcrazy121104
Tenant
scrapcrazy121104

I can't say I'm brand new to the site as I've been a member since 2005 but I never really got to look around and check things out so I'm here to say Hi again and get back into the swing of things. I've been scrapping off and on since 2000 and have only completed 1 12x12 album and and 8x8 album that holds my calendar pages for 2011 and half of 2012. I've made a few pages but haven't put them into albums. I need to get back into the swing of things and am hoping I get my mojo back and get going.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics