Username Post: Welcome! Read this first...        (Topic#1577125)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Welcome to the neighborhood! We're pleased to meet you, and happy that you've chosen to "move in" to Scrapbook.com and make My Place your home!

So, pull up a chair, grab your beverage of choice, and let's get started! This area is for new neighbors to introduce themselves, and get acquainted with the neighborhood.

We'll begin with a tour of My Place. Click here to view the My Place tutorial. Don't forget to customize your "place" and make it look just how you want it.

As with any neighborhood, there are a few rules to follow. The most important one: Follow the "Golden Rule." Treat others as you'd like to be treated, and always give them the benefit of the doubt. Be nice. Read written correspondence in the most charitable way that you can.

For detailed rules, click here .

The janitorial staff would like to point out a couple of things in particular. First, for the benefit of our neighbors with slower connections, images aren't allowed in signatures. The neighborhood is a very big place, and we'd like everyone to be able to read the threads that they're interested in. So, if you try to add a pic/image to your signature, you'll just see ugly code instead.

Second, please don't post links to other scrapbook/craft sites, font sites, eBay auctions, etsy, etc. If you need to share with another neighbor, please do it via a private message.

Please introduce yourself, and get comfortable! If you have any questions at all, just ask - we're happy to help!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I'm very excited to be a part of this neighborhood! I'm looking forward to learning new things and becoming a skilled scrapbooker!

Patrice

Resident
In response to ervin.patrice

hi all,

my name is dee (naturally lol) and i'm new to scrapbooking and this site even though i joined last year. i said a quick hello, then disappeared but i'm back (gee you guys are sooo lucky hahaha)

i have uploaded some of the work i've done, i have never been to classes or anything, i don't have any tools (well a stanley knife, a cutter ruler mat thingymebob that doesn't seem to work for me lol, oh and a hole punch). i am just a tad obsessed with scrapbooking, and am always looking around (no matter where i am) for things and bobs that i can throw into the mix. the stuff i have bought has all been from cheapy shops as there aren't alot of scrapbooking shops close to me (i live in western sydney)though i did actually enter my first scrapbooking shop last week and thought "wow, i've died and gone to heaven" then immediately thought "hmmmm i need money...lots and lots of money" lol.

looking forward to meeting you all, looking at your wonderful scrapping, learning new tips and tricks and techniques, learning to decipher what you guys are talking about lol and improving on my scrapping. hope to chat to you soon xx

melissasmith
Veteran
melissasmith
In response to dee.is.me

Hello, I'm new here and looking for a friendly home! I'm off to explore the rest of the site.

New Kid On the Block
In response to melissasmith

Hi there! I cant wait to learn more about scrapping. I am addicted to this hobby!

New Kid On the Block
In response to teresa8n

Greetings from Nebraska. I am new to scrapbooking and learning something new every day. So happy I found this place. Off to look around.

LaGondaV
New Kid On the Block
LaGondaV

Great to be here. Just started. Have never scrap booked in my life. A friend who was moving brought me a HUGE box of scrap booking materials. She said I needed to learn. I think she was just downsizing what she had to move. LOL
Anyway, I am now intrigued and looking forward to learning and making new friends.

LaGonda

a_hodgins
Resident
a_hodgins

Hey I'm from Ontario CA
I enjoy this ever growing hobby.
I look forward to learning new techniques and talking to new people that share the same interest.

My Blog http://ahodgins.blogspot.ca/

rimamaria
Veteran
rimamaria
In response to a_hodgins

Greetings from New Hampshire
From Suncook, just to be exact. I started Scrapbooking about 16 years ago with the pregnancy of my only Child. But I am new to this forum

I also was involved in a lot of other crafts, as the need of my core family determined

My best friend Amanda introduced me back to scrapbooking in a round a bout way

by the way of Artist Trading Cards

2.5. x 3.5 inch cards painted embellished and YES SCRAPBOOKED.

So I caught the scrapbook virus again

jeannepemberton
New Kid On the Block
jeannepemberton

Hello,
My name is Jeanne and I have been scrapbooking for 2years. I had let it go for a while to plan my wedding and let the chaos from that cool down! I am back into it almost full swing. I am glad to have joined and to be a neighbor!

hesed formerly fibromom
Tenant
hesed formerly fibromom

Hi,
I'm known as Fibromom around here. I've been a member for quite awhile but I have severe, debilitating fibromyalgia and I have almost NO SHORT TERM MEMORY. I'm ALWAYS lost when I come here.

I've fallen in love with Pebbles Reaves' "freecycle" area where people can donate stuff and also get stuff FOR FREE. It's super cool. I used it when I first started making cards (as therapy for my brain... and heart!) HOWEVER, I CAN NEVER FIND IT WHEN I GET ON HERE.

Can someone please send me the "map" of how to find it when I come to this site? I always end up having to email Pebbles privately and she sends me a link. I FEEL STUPID.

Knuffel
New Kid On the Block
Knuffel
In response to hesed formerly fibromom

Hi there! So erm, I'm Knuffel and I'm brand new to the idea of scrapbooking. Since I don't really do photos, I was thinking of doing things with comic strips, newspaper articles, personal artwork and some paper stubs of things having to do with me and my soon to be husband. Looks like I'm gonna have to look stuff up!

I have a great interest in most anything to do with arts and crafts and dabble in several. I write, draw, paint, cross stitch, like paper crafts and recently have even made my own drop earrings. I've even taken a class on cake decorating! Things I would like to eventually learn would be knitting, crocheting, oil painting (Bob Ross ftw!) and of course scrapbooking.

blondiern72
New Kid On the Block
blondiern72

Hello from Moreno Valley CA, I have done 2 scrapbooks so far and can't wait to start my new project (it will be massive), so I am sure I will have tons of questions and am so very glad to have found the neighborhood. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Amanda

Debbie H 51
New Kid On the Block
Debbie H 51
In response to Knuffel

Hey there, I dabble in scrapping but love to make mini albums as gifts for those who do the "photo thing" You may want to check that out. You can make mini alvums pretty quick from paper bags, envelopes or chip board.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Debbie H 51

Hi I'm new, and I just wanted to say hello! I'm new to scrapbooking, so I hope to have some good fun here!

UrnAsh 
New Kid On the Block
In response to kriissy

Got it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to UrnAsh

Hi everyone! I started scrapbooking and art journaling in 2010 and joined scrapbook.com in April 2011. I disappeared after that when I got pregnant and had a whole new project to work on. I want to get back into this wonderful hobby...I've been gone WAY too long!!

smcdavid1
Resident
smcdavid1
In response to BritneyB

Hi every one I'm new here I startet scrapbooking 2004 afther my hubby passed away. looking forward to meet every one here

New Kid On the Block
In response to smcdavid1

Hi all. I started scrapping last year and am now hopelessly addicted. Looking forward to having some fun and learning new tricks and tips from y'all

scrapcrazy121104
Tenant
scrapcrazy121104

I can't say I'm brand new to the site as I've been a member since 2005 but I never really got to look around and check things out so I'm here to say Hi again and get back into the swing of things. I've been scrapping off and on since 2000 and have only completed 1 12x12 album and and 8x8 album that holds my calendar pages for 2011 and half of 2012. I've made a few pages but haven't put them into albums. I need to get back into the swing of things and am hoping I get my mojo back and get going.

ScrappingLJ
Guru
ScrappingLJ
In response to scrapcrazy121104

Hi I'm new too this whole forum site but have been scrapbooking for a long time. I am interested into getting into some swaps but have no idea how to get started and involved. Please help this new comer. I would be so appreciative.

craftingmomma07
Resident
craftingmomma07

Hello Everyone! I am Lisa from New Jersey. I have been scrapbooking for about 2 or 3 yrs. I have been a craft addict all my life. I am also currently obsessed with sewing/quilting and try to spread my time between the two. I also knit, crochet, quill, bead and cross-stitch. I also love to cook and bake.
I am super excited to look around, meet new neighbors, and learn as much as possible. I just joined my first atc swap that I am excited/nervous about. Any tips as to where to go first or what to definitely check out, let me know. Thanks.

craftingmomma07
Resident
craftingmomma07
In response to ScrappingLJ

Hello, I am also new as I just joined the other day. Wanted to let you know about the march atc swap I joined if your interested. Learned about the swap and this site from a lady at a crop I was at this past Saturday. So of course I immediately checked it out and joined. Had no clue what atc's were but fell in love immediately. So if you want check it out under the interactive forums. Also if you have any advice or tips as to what to check out first or if there are swaps that you have joined and loved let me know as well. Looking forward to hearing from you.

kandib
kandib 
New Kid On the Block
kandib
In response to craftingmomma07

Hello I'm also new to the site and scrapbooking. Doing my first pages now (digital). I'm currently living in the Bossier City/Shreveport, Louisiana area. I'm looking forward to learning new tricks and techniques. I'm amazed at all the beautiful layouts I've seen and only hope I can someday create pages as original as I've seen here. Looking forward to interacting with everyone!

AliceScrapsWonderland
Resident
AliceScrapsWonderland

Hello, all! I am also not new to the site but have never checked out the forums! I've been scrapping for many years now and have even challenged myself to create at least one craft a week and post my progress on my blog at alicescrapswonderland.tumblr.com .
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Adrienne

christineee
New Kid On the Block
christineee
In response to AliceScrapsWonderland

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site but I've been digital scrapping for a little while now. I love it so much and hope that this site can help me learn new things and develop my skills!

naiaracicilia
Tenant
naiaracicilia

hello to all
Naiara my name is and I am registered on the website ha long time.
but not how to speak / write in English, it's harder for me to actively participate in the forum.
so sometimes I come to visit (using a translator) and post some project.
but I love to see every job they post in the gallery, they always inspire me a lot.
thanks for the kind words and compliments I receive in my gallery.
big hug.

Maya Ariffin
New Kid On the Block
Maya Ariffin

Hi. I'm Maya from Brunei. I just joined here today.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Maya Ariffin

Welcome!

msplantladi
Tenant
msplantladi

Hello Everyone, I am new here but not to scrap booking. I started this hobby about 5 yrs ago, all gunho and have completed several albums but sorta lost interest when my kids weren't as excited about receiving their albums as I was hoping. I have way to much interested in this to stop so I was hoping by joining this group I might get excited again about.
I do have a few other hobbies that also take up my time besides working but
looking forward to meeting some of you.
Thank-you for having me
dee in Utah

cardnewbie
New Kid On the Block
cardnewbie
In response to msplantladi

Hello, I am new here also. But I dont scrapbook. I want to make cards. I have lots of photos, but they never seem to organized in any way.

So cards or ArtCards are what I am interested in. Just learning. Glad I found this place to learn things.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain

Wanted to stop by and say hi..... I was on this site a few years ago and had to take a break from scrapping for a while. But I am back to scrapping now so I thought I would see what was happening here....

Happy creating
Dori

dagi.scrap
Resident
dagi.scrap

hi! I'm Dagi and I'm new to this site, I'm not new to digital scrapbooking though, I've started digiscrapping back in 2008 whan my son was born.
I can't wait to look around here a bit more, get to know new friends and maybe meet some old scrapping friends in here too

butterflyz813
Tenant
butterflyz813

Hello!
I am new to scrapbook.com (I just joined last night) and I am trying to customize my place like it says in the my place tutorial. But I don't see where to customize it at. It that something that they have done away with now?

Anyways, I am just overwhelmed with all the nice looking layouts of scrapbook pages on here. I am no where near as advanced as that. I have been scrappin since 2009 and I don't get as detailed as others do. But I am looking to get some ideas and make some friends on here.

I also am beginning to do card making. I just made the invites for my friend's fall wedding, and she loved them! Am looking to getting feedback on that.

Kaylann
Diva
Kaylann

Hello!! I'm so excited to be here! But I still have a lot to learn about this site! Haha I might need help before the day is done though, where do I get that?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Kaylann

The tech support area is a good place to start. Start a new message there.

kmh925
kmh925 
New Kid On the Block
kmh925

Hello, I'm Kris from Michigan. I don't scrapbook but I so love the beautiful papers and embellishments. I use them to make cards, bookmarks and all kinds of decorating.
I just want to say Hi and that I am really looking forward to learning and making contacts and friends. This site is so great, I just stumbled in a couple of days ago and am very impressed with all the information and resources.
Bye for now, It's way past my bedtime. LOL
Goodnight all,
Kris

Edited by kmh925 on 07-11-13 09:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ja9lozano
New Kid On the Block
Ja9lozano

Hi all Ive just joined and can say i'm looking forward to meeting new ppl and seeing new projects

Ja9lozano
New Kid On the Block
Ja9lozano
In response to dee.is.me

hi i'm from sydeny as well n have a got scrap-booking shop close by but never go there as its to expensive for my pockets cheers ja9

anitasandra
New Kid On the Block
anitasandra

hi i'm new here and looking forward to learning how to do scrapbooking

SiegMom
New Kid On the Block
SiegMom

Hi.. name's Jen and I'm so excited to be part of this neighborhood!!!! I am a beginner at scrapbooking and I'd love to learn a lot from you.

SimplySue3
New Kid On the Block
SimplySue3

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the site and have been scrapbooking off and on for roughly 20 years although I don't think I have too much to show for it!
In addition to scrapbooking, I enjoy making cards and small gifts for family and friends. I'm looking forward to finding some inspiration to get some scrapbooks going!

Scrap Happy!

Sue

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to SimplySue3

Hi Sue! Some of us on SJ are here as well - you'll meet some familiar faces. Or squirrels.

photonovicescrapper45
New Kid On the Block
photonovicescrapper45
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Hi,
I am new to scrapbook.com. My name is Anita and I have been scrapbooking for almost 19 years now. I just recently moved from MI to NY and am looking for some new crafty friends to get together and create with! I have two daughters...one in college in MI and one here in NY. She plays soccer and I love watching her play and photographing her. Looking forward to meeting some wonderful crafters here!

New Kid On the Block

Hi I'm haley, and like to be part of your forum.

Agepine
New Kid On the Block
Agepine
In response to haleymadison

Hi everyone! my name is Erica, I am new to scrapbooking, I started June 2013. I've made my mother an 8x8 scrapbook for my Mother's Day and made another (same size) as a gift for a relative. I just got a cricut expressions 2 machine and am really excited! I am currently starting a 12x12 for my son (who is almost 2 now!) I am starting from the very beginning, which is the baby shower, birth, milestones...etc. I want to make this album the best I can so he can cherish it forever. Really need to learn as much as I can and am eager to get help from everyone! Thanks!!

Aviva 
New Kid On the Block
  • Aviva on 01-28-14 12:33 PM
In response to Agepine

Hello everyone! My name is Aviva. I'm new in this forum and I've only been scrapbooking for about a year. I'd really like to develop some fun skills, learn and share my experiences. I hope to find a lot of interesting and useful information in this forum!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Aviva

Welcome! Come and post and make friends?

New Kid On the Block

I joined because I want new scrapbook friends.

New Kid On the Block
In response to AMYLEACHHOME

o dear, wrong face. See Im new to all this modern technology.

New Kid On the Block

Hi! Im new to scrapbooking, and love to be crafty. my issue is that I have one child, a daughter, sho , I am so proud to say, is graduating from college in May of this year. I have so many memories saved over all of her 22 years! AHHH! I have made a list of events that stand out and want to put them in a scrapbook. I have memorabilia, physical pictures, and also pictures saved to my computer, some transferred to a cd, too, that are not printed yet. I am overwhelmed and just don't know how to put it all together. I want to include the physical memorabilia, so I assume that doing a digital book is not an option(?). one question I have is, whats the best material to use for paper to help best preserve these memories? the other question is, where do I even BEGIN?(besides making a list of outstanding events)... thanks so much for any help I can get!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to ydnis56

Look up at the top. Click on Classes, and sign up for the Learn to Scrapbook class. Those lessons would be a great place for you to get started!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Welcome! If you have questions, check out the amazing resources on this site. And if you can't find your answers, feel free to ask them in the General Scrapbooking forum. It's the busiest, so you'll get an answer there. The people here are really helpful.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady

hello and welcome

AudreyLynn
Tenant
AudreyLynn
In response to southern lady

Hi Everyone!!
My name is Audrey & I've been scrapbooking for about 10 years. I'm glad I found this site & look forward to seeing what everyone creates!

Ah Jenny
Tenant
Ah Jenny

Hello, I've been checking out the other forums and I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Jenny and I've been scrapbooking for about 5 years now. I love to take pictures of my kids and the things we do, and scrapbooking the pictures just goes right along with that! My space has gotten out of control and I'm working on organizing it. I am looking forward to scrapping again. I look forward to getting to know people on here!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Ah Jenny

Welcome Jenny! I see you've found the Organisation class - good for you!

New Kid On the Block

Hello. I am Kristen from California. I am new to the site and new to scrapbooking. I have several vacation albums I need to create and get caught up on, one at a time. Not sure where to start, but I have been watching the videos and taking the classes on this great sight. I am a little apprehensive about getting started but trying to learn all I can. I want this to be enjoyable, simple and not too complicated. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to 6jsgrandma

Hi and welcome. Come and chat in the General Scrapbooking forum? That's where most of us hang out. You should find plenty of useful information, and people are always willing to answer questions. We were all new once!

miriade
New Kid On the Block
miriade

Hello there! I am so happy to have stumbled upon this community when trying to find the first steps to scrapbook ! You can call me Virginia or Gigi and I am from Sao Paulo Brazil. There lots of things I want to learn, as my first step was get myself a Silhouette Portrait! Maybe a too big step?! \o/ now I am running to get my basic bearings!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to miriade

Hi and welcome Gigi! I'm in the UK but my DH used to work in Rio de Janiero (I visited there once) and Sao Paulo - a beautiful place.

Come and chat in the General Scrapbooking forum - it's busier than here.

KatieG2014
New Kid On the Block
KatieG2014

Hi! I'm Katie! I live in Ohio with my hubby of 24 years. We have 2 boys, 21yo (away in college) and 18yo (in college living at home). I watch children during the day - and make cards and scrapbook during their naptime! In the evenings I teach card making classes locally, and I have started offering online classes as well!

ireinah
Tenant
ireinah
In response to KatieG2014

Hello.....I'm kinda new here...joined a long time ago but have been uber busy taking are of my youngest who has been very ill for the past few years. I'm happy to be back. I'm definitely a beginner but love it so. I saw a post about NSD and joined a few hallenges and rediscovered my love for scrapbooking. It was a calm in the storm of the super busy life I lead taking care of my family.

I was a special education teacher for 14 years but for the past five years I have happily stayed home to take care of my Lil guy who is the light of my life. I am the lucky mother of two boys ages 17 and 10 years.

My new motto: Keeping sane one layout at a time.

I look forward to chatting with you all and learning a ton. I welcome your help and ideas.

Ireina

SnowDancer
Tenant
SnowDancer

Hello from Michigan's BEAUTYfull Upper Peninsula! I am very new to all of this, I ordered some card making kits and have been going crazy ordering paper punches, card stock, adhesives etc. I am amazed by the video's and sites like this that are willing to teach newbies like me!!! Since I will be making cards I have a question... a friend of mine owned a floor co. and when he closed he let me have all of the wallpaper sample books and I was thinking surely there must be some way into incorporating those into some of my cards... any suggestions? I also have two large coffee cans full of buttons that I got when my Grandma passed away... I see lot's of them on cards! I have spent two days in the gallery just looking at other cards and posting them in my favorites and voting on them! Looking forward to your posts and learning everything I can to pursue my new hobbie! Renee

Cloverlady
Angel
Cloverlady
In response to SnowDancer

Hello
I am a newbie here jumped into the challanges and that is how I got started I love tp peruse the galleries lookign fo rnew idea nd love participatin in challanges. I am form Illinois and I ma married with three furrkids. I used to be a foster home for rescue and that is how I wound up with three. I chose Copper, Baxter picked me and Copper and Baxter picked Blossom. I love animals and nature. I msotly scrapbook the kids and vacations and nature.

Cloverlady
Angel
Cloverlady
In response to SnowDancer

I love UP it has been awhile since I have been gut it is pretty there! Love all the waterfalls! Last tiem I was up there I found a great scrapbooking store in Ironwood I cannot remeber the name now but I think it was something like two sisters not sure.

SnowDancer
Tenant
SnowDancer
In response to Cloverlady

[color:purple]Hello Cloverlady! I finally clicked around enough to find my original post and then saw your replies. My name is Renee, I live in Ontonagon! That's about an hour from Ironwood. So I will have a friend on here, lol. And we have animals in common! LOVE your dogs, they are beautiful! I had a black chow when I lived in Georgia. My current baby is a rescue, he is a five year old Plott/Redbone hound dog. I was raised with a Doberman and have had three since then so I am very partial to them but LOVE them all!!! My last dog was a Great Dane named Minnie, lol. She was extremely tall. When she passed from cancer and old age I had to go get another right away! My husband of 17 yrs. drives Semi over the road and is gone for a week to three at a time so I HAVE to have a dog to cuddle with and protect me. He had major separation anxiety for the first two years I had him, then I rescued a cat and Ohhhhh my goodness, the BEST thing I could have ever done for him! They love eachother SOOO much, always cuddling and kissing one another and NO MORE anxiety when I have to leave! Anyway... Yes I am excited about this new hobbie, How long have you been scrapbooking? I had posted in my other post that I had some wallpaper books from a flooring co. that closed and was thinking surely I should be able to get some use out of them! Would you use them in your projects? I will see if I can do a search for you and if any of your photo's of your work show up! I just got an order yesterday with some of doodlebug designs fruit stand and my first paper I got, I ordered on HSN when I ordered my card kits. Oh shoot... it has been SOOOO long since I have posted in a forum or anything it just dawned on me... I'm wondering if this will post for everyone to read or just go to you? Oh geez... oh well I guess I will have to post to see... Cryin out loud and here I am writing a book, lol. Well I will sign off... keep in touch hey? I will see if I can find some of your projects [/color]

secretvenus21
New Kid On the Block
secretvenus21

Hi, Scrapbook family! I'm a nem member and also a new scrapbooker(almost a year). I'm really excited to start my journey with all of you! I feel I'm learning a lot with your classes and your ideas. Thanks!

XOXO from P.R.!

New Kid On the Block

New here and hello from WV... Just having a look around to get familiar with everything

New Kid On the Block

My first day on the forum....I currently live in Alabama, but I'm a native Texan! I've been a scrapbooker for many years but have taken a long break and ready to dive back in!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to scottandlisat

Welcome all!

New Kid On the Block

Hi all I am new here and excited to get to know everyone. I have been a scrapbooker on and off(lately more off:( than on). I am the mom to 2 kids(19 year old son & 12 year old daughter) and work part-time after being a SAHM for 11 years. Looking forward to joining some challenges for inspiration!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to luv2scrap94

KimberlyNew
New Kid On the Block
KimberlyNew

Hello my name is kimberly N I'm so excited to be here! Thank you!!!

PamLlaguno
New Kid On the Block
PamLlaguno

Hi everyone!

I am Pam and I am soooooo new to this place. It's a little bit overwhelming but I've started to add my projects in my gallery. Hope you can check it out!

wandamcbain
New Kid On the Block
wandamcbain

Hi Wanda here,new from Wisconsin !! Way to go Badgers , lol !! Big fan !! Any who,just wanted to say hey and I'm off to check out the site !!

Crafty Chatonath
New Kid On the Block
Crafty Chatonath
In response to wandamcbain

Hello! My name is Nathalie, I'm from Montreal and I'm happy to join your neighborhood for the new year!
Going to take a look around, thanks!

sschubert
New Kid On the Block
sschubert

Hello! My name is Shelley and I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I started scrapbooking when my daughter was in elementary school, in the mid-90's (she's 27 now!) My first project was a school album for her, starting with pre-school, basically one or two pages for each year. I haven't finished it yet! You know how it is, life is so busy, and it got shelved for a few years. My goal for 2015 is to get it done! I worked at a scrapbook supply store for a while and really caught the bug, thanks to the very creative ladies I worked with. Now I'm obsessed! I've really gotten into card-making and chip-board albums recently. I've got a close friend who is as enthusiastic about scrapbooking as I am, and we've been to a couple of weekend crops that were so much fun! I can't wait til September to go to the next one. I'm also into cross-stitching and crochet, though they have both taken a back seat to scrapbooking in recent years. I'm happy to join this community of like-minded, creative people, and hope to be inspired by seeing what you all have done. Cheers, and happy scrapbooking to all.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to sschubert

Welcome!

New Kid On the Block

Hi everyone,
Just popped on to introduce myself...
I have been a crafter all my life. I am a wife, mother to three grown up children and grandmother to two beautiful grandaughters. I taught craftwork for a number of years and now retired. I am not sure whether scrapbooking will be for me or not yet but decided to dip my toe in and join this forum to learn more about it.
I am looking forward to meeting some of you around the forum and learning from all of you.
Off now for a looky see.
Lol Crafty Eileen

New Kid On the Block

Hi everyone,
Just popped on to introduce myself...
I have been a crafter all my life. I am a wife, mother to three grown up children and grandmother to two beautiful grandaughters. I taught craftwork for a number of years and now retired. I am not sure whether scrapbooking will be for me or not yet but decided to dip my toe in and join this forum to learn more about it.
I am looking forward to meeting some of you around the forum and learning from all of you.
Off now for a looky see.
Lol Crafty Eileen

andiwilcox
Resident
andiwilcox

Hello there. My name is Andi, I have been scrapbooking for 13 years (wow, has it really been that long) I have amassed so much scrapbooking product that I have been on a spending freeze for 6 months. I consider my style old school but I enjoy trying the occasional new trend now and then. Nice to meet all of you and I hope to get comfy here

Jessica Summer
New Kid On the Block
Jessica Summer

Hey I'm Jessica, not really quite sure how to work this site yet but I'm a work in progress. Yes, I'm a beginner that has lots to learn and very excited to do so. Thank goodness for this website.
-Jessica

GMB
GMB 
Veteran
GMB
  • GMB on 03-05-15 10:15 PM

Hi everyone. Brand new to scrapbooking, but looking forward to reading the forum posts.

Edited by GMB on 03-05-15 10:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Susanlhl
Resident
Susanlhl
In response to GMB

Hi everyone. I joined this site a few years ago and then didn't spend much time on the forums. Now I am retired, I think I might be around a bit more I live in Australia and love all things Stampin' Up! which of course includes Sizzix products and many other lovely items. I am mainly a card maker but I do scrap, and I quilt too. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you all.

liljenny1
Diva
liljenny1
In response to Susanlhl

Welcome

Susanlhl
Resident
Susanlhl
In response to liljenny1

Thank you, Jenny

Edited by Susanlhl on 05-07-15 07:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

darbee
darbee 
Expert
darbee
In response to Susanlhl

Hi everyone!!!

Been on a few months and just love it!

Entered some challenges and having a great time.

Been noticing the different "titles". I'm a tenant. How long will I stay a tenant.

Looking forward to seeing everyone around!

Darla

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to darbee

Welcome, welcome! Here is the link that tells you how the titles work. http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14593...

So glad to have you here. Keep sharing and having fun! Have a great day!

darbee
darbee 
Expert
darbee
In response to Joanie R

Thank you so much!! Have to get started now.

Edited by darbee on 07-08-15 06:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

suebird
Veteran
suebird
In response to darbee

Hi, everyone! I am Sue, and l live in Illinois. I've been a member of the site for a while, and finally buckled down and started scrapping.

I have also done cards (when I get a chance), crochet, and embroider. Am also into Living History--Rev War/Fur Trade era, which is a source of many scrapping projects 'to do'.

Hope to see many of you in the Forums!

New Kid On the Block
In response to suebird

Hi everyone I'm a newbie to the site I've bee scrapbooking off and on for about 5 to 6 years now. I recently just started back up since my husband just built my craft room in our attic. I can't wait to learn much more. I love to scrapbook, paper crafts, cards, and all of the above.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to rachel.nicole90

Welcome aboard! There is alot of inspiration on here. If you get stuck, check out our classes too. I'm glad you are getting back into it. My craft room is my happy place too.

SarahWard21
New Kid On the Block
SarahWard21

Hi, I am new to this site. My name is Sarah. Im 34 years old. I started scrapbooking in 2002 when my kids were babies. My oldest is almost 14, and my second is 11, I was divorced 8 years ago and am now happily unmarried with my new hubby. He has two girls 13 and 12, and we have a beautiful 1 year old baby boy together! So now my family of three has grown to a family of 7!! I love having a big family and now with a new baby I need to get beck at my old passion.....and use up some of this huge stash!! Im looking forward to getting to know you all!
xo Sarah

flhomeschoolmom
Pro
flhomeschoolmom
In response to SarahWard21

Welcome! Nice to have you here and I look forward to seeing some of your creations.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Welcome aboard, Sarah! A family of seven is incredible and if you find time to craft, that's even better. If you get the chance, upload some of your layouts and things. We'd love to see them!

Krafty Kelly
New Kid On the Block
Krafty Kelly

Hello everyone

I have been a very busy mom of 4 children who are starting to take off now. I have some scrapbooking supplies and I finally have time to start playing. I live in small town Tennessee near Sassy Suzi. I look forward to getting to know many of you and learning all about scrapbooking.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to Krafty Kelly

Welcome aboard, Kelly! Lots of info on here. If you need any help, just holler, we are happy to assist. Have a great day!

Guikrazy
New Kid On the Block
Guikrazy
In response to msplantladi

Hi!

My name is Lee and I am a native Manhattanite. I mentioned where I am from because NYC is not a scrapbooking hub. Lol! It's only fairly recently that we got a Michaels (though now we have 3, but their scrapbooking sections are not the best stocked) and Joann's is about 2 hours away. I will forewarn you all that I am about to post a LOT of paper newbie questions! I apologize up front! It is just that I don't have a scrapping community here that I can ask. Also, I'm going to mostly be purchasing supplies online so I will need to know all the things I need to get because it is not easy for me to just run to a scrap store and pick an item up. It's only iffy that our Michaels will have it.

I also mentioned where I'm from because the city and its people and its cultural and artistic events and its wildlife are the main topics I scrap. I have been digiscrapping since 2004, but I have never done a paper page. Digiscrapping is SO Fast and SO easy, but I have always wanted to be a paper scrapper at heart. My goal is to both digi and paper scrap. :-D

I thank you all in advance for all the help I anticipate getting here!

Sincerely,

Lee

Edited by Guikrazy on 10-02-15 01:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Joanie R
Guru
Joanie R
In response to Guikrazy

Welcome aboard, Lee! You will not want for information on this site. Everyone loves to jump in and answer questions. We have a pretty awesome little community here. I can't wait to see some of the pages you've done. There is an option to post digi pages in your gallery, so please share. There are digital scrappers on here too who love to share tips and pages, etc. I hope you have fun! Have a great day!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics