Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: I'm never buying from Oh My Crafts again.        (Topic#1577133)
dominicsmama
Veteran
dominicsmama

For Mother's Day the husband and kids gave me money to order a Silhouette Cameo and a Sizzix Big Shot. I ordered then both on 5/12. The Big Shot was expected to be delivered the week of 5/20 and the Cameo 5/27. Well I have been waiting patiently and today I get a e-mail saying they will not be getting any Cameo's in tell the end of June and they wont mail the Big Shot in tell the Cameo comes in. They gave me the option of canceling the order or waiting and they would give me a $10 gift card.

I'm never going to order through them again why would I want the gift card? I don't know what to do. I used the 25% off coupon so I did get them for a good price or I wouldn't of gotten them plus I read good reviews about that company on here. The cheapest I can find now is amazon and that $266.00 which is higher of what I paid for my total order. I'm just very disappointed and frustrated. End rant

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to dominicsmama

I know others have had the same problem. It's unfortunate.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to CommaHolly

I say cancel the order, wait for a 50% off coupon or sale at M's or somewhere and get it or order it at SB.com when they have free shipping

sorry you had such a bad experience

I've never heard of them before
Products Referenced in This Post:

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Ohio4HMom

Oh, I am so sorry. The sad thing is they have great prices (without a coupon and even better with) but their shipping sucks! I canceled an order from them after waiting a month for my item. IDK, I would probably would NOT cancel since I don't believe you can use a coupon on the actual machine at M's and that is like the best price around. I do understand your frustration though...Ultimately it is up to you if you rather wait or pay almost $60 more...

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to HisGEM

I agree with HisGem. I do not think that Ms carries the silhouette and I do not think that you can use the coupon on the Big Shot. You have waited this long, wait another few weeks. Or, see if you can pay to ship the one item and maybe still get free shipping on the other due to the price.

dominicsmama
Veteran
dominicsmama
In response to Unique scrapper

I think I'm going to ask them to ship the big shot now and keep the $10 and ask them to apply it to faster shipping when the item does come in stock. Depending on what they say then that will determine if I cancel or not.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.

well, how disappointing is that? Hope it all works out for you in the end.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to SandraB.

i've had good luck with them as long as something isn't back ordered then it's a hassle.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Sneezy1956

I have always had fast service with them, with the exception of once that I had to wait a tad longer, it was because they hadn't gotten theri shipment in as well. Its unfortunate, but sometimes its not something they could control. I would do as the one lady said and see if they will let you split the order, ship the one and apply the gift card to the cameo when its available. Or patiently wait.

I have yet to find the Big Shot any cheaper elsewhere, especially since you get a free die with it.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I've never ordered from them before but i'm one who thinks that if ya don't physically have the item you shouldn't be selling it. Then they wouldn't have this problem. Not cool.

They seem to get ya over a barrell, with giving ya such a good price that ya can't find anywhere else. Good luck and I hope your two items come in sooner than they say!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Cindyckj

I ordered the same day (may 12) and got the same email today. I on the other hand, although disappointed, am going to wait it out. It isn't their fault that whoever makes the Silhouette can't keep up with the demand of their product.
I agree with who said - don't sell it if ya don't have it- but I would of rather buy it when I did and get the machine for $200.
Then wait till they ran another coupon. I'm just hoping that it comes sooner rather than later!
Although, I am anxious to play with it, I have plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.
Guess it gives me longer to watch YouTube vids!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to ChansGram

Yah I would probably wait too for that price. lol Just gives ya time to buy accessories and watch the videos and omg the anticipation will be great!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Cindyckj

I only ordered from them once. It was the string of lies I was handed each week -- the exact same lie each time -- that made me decide they would never get another dime from me, "Our shipment JUST arrived; you should get your item within a week." If the shipment has "just arrived," they wouldn't be telling me the exact same thing week after week.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Is that a heavily discounted price? If not I would cancel the order and order from J's online or somebody with better order fullfillment and discounts, plus free shipping. Are they out of stock because of their price? I like this website because if they are out-of-stock at least you know it before ordering.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to CrimsonMama

It did state before placing the order that they didn't have it and it would ship the end of May, now its the end of June. I wonder if they got an order of them, didn't order enough for the amount of orders they themselves received, filled the orders that they could and had to order more from the Silhouette company and that's why we have another month delay? Either way, it's a great price and I'll wait it out, I just hope it turns out for the best!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Just looked at J's online and didn't seem to find it, of coarse we all know how wonderful their search feature is!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

I believe OMC is the ONLY place that accepts coupons for electronic die cutters. This is the reason why a good percentage of people purchased the Cameo from there. I know there was a lot of discussion about that. A lot of other vendors were upset about that because they cannot move the product as quickly. Some M's do sell Silhouette products, but not all. On the receipts it states you cannot use a coupon on sil products...just like for the Cricut. I have not seen any Sil products at J's. IMHO, I would wait. I actually received mine earlier than expected.

The product I was waiting for was marked as being in stock, but it was placed on back order after the fact. They were waiting on the manufacture. Since I found it at an affordable rate, I canceled the order and purchased it elsewhere.

I hope it works out for the OP and you too Trish!

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to HisGEM

I am not a patient person and I couldn't wait a whole month for something I wanted yesterday.
I have never heard of Oh My Crafts until today. When I did my research on purchasing my Big shot I found it at overstock.com. It was my first time shopping their and I got my Big shot plus one die for $69 with a $1 shipping charge. It only took a week to ship.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to HisGEM

OMG I knew that name sounded familiar! They sell on ebay too!

I had them in my saved sellers as "Bad seller" cause of the way they violate the rules there! They had like 20 products they were selling and they'd list hundreds and hundreds of the same item like the big shot and stuff which is a violation to have duplicate auctions like that and all they were trying to do was make it so that others who were selling the same thing couldn't get their products seen in all that mess.

Maybe they finally got caught for all those violations cause they are now "not a registered user" on ebay.

They had a 99.7 feedback which wasn't terrible really for someone that dealt with such a high volume.

Good luck ladies!!!!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Cindyckj

I have ordered from them quite a few times. I did have to wait for an item but it did come when they said they would get it back in stock. When I find a good price, I am willing to wait for an item. I try to keep myself entertained by watching tutorials on youtube, etc. Ultimately, you get to decide if time or money is your biggest factor. Do you have other crafty supplies to enjoy if you decide to wait? I think other responses are correct... rarely does a company or store have discounts on these more expensive machines. The Cameo is very popular and it's possible that if you cancel, another shipper may have it on backorder, too. Best wishes as you make your decision. Ultimately, you will enjoy the products you get and hopefully all that fun will help you quickly forget the disappointment you feel now.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics