Username Post: Hello Im new too!!        (Topic#1577171)
New Kid On the Block

Hello everybody, just wanted to introduce myself as Dottie. I just started scrapbooking a couple months ago. Thanks to a friend of mine showing me what it was all about...now im addicted to it and with in a couple months, already have a scrap room set up. Im addicted to scrapping and buying scrap items...I think I'm ready to learn to make some pretty precious memory pages now...and love any advice I can get on how to make my pictures pop off the page... and techniques I can use. im still using stickers, but love the 3D stickers. Just bought a CE2 and learning about it still too...hope to get to know alot of you ladys and love all your pages. What ive seen so far is very inspiring and i cant pull myself out of my scrap room lol.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Dottiesue

I"m a newbe also on the site as well & learning the ins & outs of scrapbooking. can't tell you much although ppl here are friendly & willing to help you out.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to leahross

Welcome to you both! You're right, it's a great site.

Dottie, if you want to learn about new techniques, go to the top of the page and click on Classes or Videos. YouTube is another great resource for learning.

Or just dive into the Gallery, pick a LO that you love, and "scraplift" it - that means copying it using your own elements and photos, and making it your own. If you do that and post your LO on the net, make sure you credit the original artist. They will be very flattered that you loved their work.

Have fun!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to RedSquirrel

Welcome to scrapbooking!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to KatieJo

Welcome to both of you! I have trouble tearing myself away from my scrapbooking room too!

Fortunately my husband's desk and computer is in here too or I'd never see him!

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to Henri Jean

Welcome to you both!
Dottie, since you just bought a CE2. I suggest you visit the Cricut Chat forum on this site. It is a great place to get lots of info. and you can get any questions you might have answered. Youtube has some awesome videos on how to get the most of your machine.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to crazycricut

Welcome Dottie and Leah!

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn
In response to scarlet864

Welcome Dottie & Leah!

sharona62
Tenant
sharona62
In response to Love 2 Learn

I agree that YouTube is a good resource. I have also found that manufacturers blogs often have tutorials and great ideas for projects.

New Kid On the Block
In response to sharona62

im new here

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to Megan Fox

Welcome, Megan!

Rhondatx
Veteran
Rhondatx
In response to Dottiesue

I can relate to not being able to "pull yourself out of the scrap room." I wake up each morning now and think (or say out loud to my hubbie), do I really HAVE to go to work today? I want to scrapbook instead!

Veteran
In response to Rhondatx

Welcome Megan

Inaara
Inaara 
Tenant
Inaara
In response to Noelles mom

Welcome! I'm also a starter, and this site has helped me A LOT! I can definitely relate, as I am not able to pull myself out of my scrap room either!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Inaara

Hi everyone, I'm new as well! Just learned about these forums so thought I'd introduce myself along with the other newbies.

Right now I just watch a lot of videos and I'm trying to figure out what items I need. It seems like I'm going to break my bank with the list I've made so far lol. I think this part is the most intimidating for me, but other than that, I'm really eager to get started on something soon!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to abbeygail

Welcome You don't really HAVE to have a lot to get started...an album, some paper or cardstock and some good adhesives...and probably a few embellishments. However...it's very easy to succumb to the malady known as MOE (Must Own Everything) and I seem to be one of the harder-hit patients

Maybe you can just get enough for a couple of pages and figure out what your style is, then start adding to your stockpile as you learn new techniques.

New Kid On the Block
In response to mrsdriver5

Thanks for the welcome!

I was considering purchasing a kit to start so that it has a little bit of everything and then just going from there, but it's funny that I'm already suffering from MOE! I had a friend a long time ago that told me I don't need so much to start and I should build up slowly over time... but that's so hard to do! lol

Thanks again and I hope to be an active member in this community.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to abbeygail

My problem is I want to be happy with my pages years from now and not wish I could go back and re-do the pages. That means I NEED to own everything and know everything from the get-go...which is quite unrealistic, but that's me! Have fun~Judy

Butterfly Beads
Guru
Butterfly Beads
In response to Dottiesue

Hi,
Welcome Dottie and Leah! This site is wonderful!
Enjoy!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics