Username Post: Scrapbook Expo        (Topic#1577321)
New Kid On the Block

Hello all,

Has anyone attended the Scrapbook Expo in the past? There's one coming up in NJ at the end of June. I've never been before but thinking about going.

Is it worth going for both days or will one day do? Are the workshops worth attending? What else is there to do?

Any info/advice or dos/don'ts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to NJ_Cate

Hi and welcome to the site! I've never been to an expo before, but this thread may help you plan your trip.
Have fun!
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15692...

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to NJ_Cate

Personally, I always take as many workshops as I can at both Expo and CKC. I am fairly new to this bobbie and I enjoy learning new things. I always attend these things alone and there is only so much shopping one can do. Where in NJ do you live? I am in Essex county in the Northeastern part of NJ.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Unique scrapper

Thank you, Kim, for linking me to that thread. It's been very helpful.

Unique Scrapper, I'm in Jersey City. My sister and I are planning on going to the Expo at the end of the month in Somerset. We've never been to one before.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to NJ_Cate

Ah, we are not too far away from each other. Will you be going to CKC in Lancaster, PA at the end of July?

New Kid On the Block

@Unique Scrapper, I'm not familiar with CKC. Is that another conference? Is it much different than the Scrapbook Expo?

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to NJ_Cate

More vendors and bigger. Go to the creating keepsakes.com site and click on events and you can check it out

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I have noticed more vendors at the Expo also!

New Kid On the Block

Unique Scrapper, you mentioned that you take as many workshops as you can. Are you familiar with the Make n' Take Crop at the expo? It's 8 make n' takes for $45. Is it different than the workshops? I'll be attending the expo and can't decide on attending a couple of workshops vs the evening crop.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to NJ_Cate

Yes, they are different. The make n take crop is new but the make n takes will be different from their classes. The vendors will only have a short time to do an easier make n take.
The crop is actually all day long. It starts at 8 am and goes to midnight. The make n takes will only be a small part of it.

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to happy2Bscrapper

Hope that everyone had a great time!!!!I had a blast and took some really good classes!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics