Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Favorite Circle Cutter        (Topic#1577329)
ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162

There's a lot out there & I REALLY WANT ONE!!! So, give your opinion!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ScrappinGirl162

I have the small Martha Stewart. Not happy with it. My circles are not smooth.

Underneath is a razer blade with a cover and I've lost the cover. It has always just fallen off so I have to be careful reaching into my box of punches where I keep it.

I may throw it away rather than having a tool with an exposed razer blade.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to Henri Jean

This one?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

I have used Creative Memories cutting system for years and LOVE it! It was one of the first "official" tools I purchased. I get so much use out of my circles and ovals. I also have the star and diamond but don't seem to use them as much. I really want to get the giant circle sometime!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vintageivy

No, that isn't mine. Martha Steward circle cutter has an arm that swings out and goes around the center with the blade under the end of the arm.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

I love my creative memories cutters

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Ohio4HMom

I have the creative memories and the EK success both work well, if you have a cricut just use it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sneezy1956

I have a cricut but I needed to cut a circle out of a photo and out of a certain place in my paper. WHen I got to some of the larger circles I needed I used my cricut but for the circles out of patterned paper where I want to line up the pattern or out of photos I really want a good circle cutter.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.

I have the Creative Memories as well as the Fiskars cutting systems. I do prefer the Creative Memories one over the Fiskars though.

suezhunt
Pro
suezhunt
In response to SandraB.

I also love my Creative Memories circle cutter.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162

• Henri Jean Said:
No, that isn't mine. Martha Steward circle cutter has an arm that swings out and goes around the center with the blade under the end of the arm.

THIS ONE?
Except small?

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162

I'll have to look into that...

surescrapsalot
Veteran
surescrapsalot

I agree with the other ladies....I just recently sold all of my creative memories cutters but did keep the circles and ovals....tried tested and true I love it. I also have the MS cutter same as Henri Jean and used it a handfull of times before realizing it wasn't the tool for me...think I'll sell mine on the local buy and sell site =)

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
I have used Creative Memories cutting system for years and LOVE it! It was one of the first "official" tools I purchased. I get so much use out of my circles and ovals. I also have the star and diamond but don't seem to use them as much. I really want to get the giant circle sometime!

Exactly what she said

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kim222

Yes - that is my circle cutter. It seems that the circle is not fluid no matter how much I try and the exposed blade on the underside concerns me. The little cap just didn't stay on and finally got lost.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-06-12 08:05 PM

I've been looking for a good Oval cutter. Does the CM one do ovals too or do you have to have 2 tools?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Vae

I love my CM system. I have the small circles and ovals, the stars, and the mixed shapes (heart, egg shape, and I can't recall what the other one is...I rarely use that one). I also have the large oval, circle, and square. I've had this system for many years, back when it was still the fixed blades and not the new blades that sort of rotate as you are cutting. It's a great system.

You could also invest in a Grand Calibur and the Grand Nesties, which have many different shapes. More of a cost investment, but my understanding is that it cuts materials other than paper, too. I haven't tried other materials in mine yet. With the Spellbinders, you can emboss as well as cut. If you don't need to go as big as the Grands, you could use a smaller die cutting machine and buy the regular nesties. I get all of mine with sales and coupons.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
I've been looking for a good Oval cutter. Does the CM one do ovals too or do you have to have 2 tools?

The CM system comes as separate purchases, sort of like when you buy dies.
You buy the blades and cutting mat as one purchase.
Circles come as a separate item.
Ovals are another item.
Big oval is another item.
Big circle is another item.
Etc.

I've invested a lot of money in my CM system. IMO, best way to get it is to have a party in your house and earn the money off of one based on your sales. That's how I started mine and got the blades/mat, circles, and ovals. Then I just bought the big ones at a friend's party or from my vendor through email.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Vae

I have the CM circle cutting system too and also really like it. I invested in the Fiskars too at first and didn't care for that one nearly as much. The CM system is just so much easier to use.

• Quote:

You buy one whole system... with the blades and the guides and the cutting mat and then you just have to buy the guides part for the other shape. I know CM can be pricey but these two products were so worth it.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to KatieJo

I have the CM system and love it!

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics