Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: Favorite Circle Cutter        (Topic#1577329)
Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Henri Jean

Yes! That's who I was trying to remember here - Moxiegirl23! Thank you Jarvae for remembering!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-08-12 07:19 PM

Glad I could help! I need to check them out as well as I really need an oval cutter for photos and I don't feel comfortable doing that on my cricut.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I got an pm from Liz and answered her. She and I used to be on the same boards so I recognized her immediately!

Anyway, I have a question - what is the purpose of 3 different blades? I was going to pm her and ask - I checked her site but didn't say if I needed all 3.

I want to order the oval, the small round ones and the larger round one from her. Everyone here seems to think they are the best so that is what I'm going to try.

I will place my order soon - Bill wants to go to Hawaii on Monday now and I'm trying to stall for a couple weeks. If we leave I'll have to wait a couple weeks to order.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

The 3 blades are different distances from the cutting track, so you have a little bit of range with the size of the circle you're cutting. Like when you're matting a photo, you want two different sizes.

Another CM circle cutter fan here. Bought mine in 1999. I didn't realize they had a large one! Sooooo tempting....

Cindyckj
Expert
Cindyckj
In response to DaniKat

I still use my little old colluzzle. It's limiting on the size but if i'm wanting something cut in a certain area on a photo or paper I use it and if it just needs to be any old circle I use my cricut.

I have the circles, and some tags and an alphabet set.

Takes some getting use to but i'm not bad with the circles and tags. But I haven't used it in a year cause I don't cut my photos into shapes anymore.

Edited by Cindyckj on 06-08-12 08:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cindyckj

Thanks - that makes sense. Guess I'll understand more when I order it.

If we are leaving Monday I have to wait until we get back to order but if we can postpone the trip (got my fingers crossed) I can order now.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

The 3 blades give you more sizes.

Take for example the jumbo circle shape. It is a fixed size with a track for the blade to sit in.

You can face the blade towards the inside for smaller circle or the outside for larger.

The 3 blades are offset different distances from the "guide" that sits in the groove of the shape to give 3 sizes for each shape - and by each shape I mean the outside AND the inside.

Some of the shapes are different from the inside and outside but the circles are just circles - so 6 jumbo circles.

Liz can correct me - just don't know the terminology.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to corrie fan

Thank you for explaining! I have to hold off until I find out if we are leaving on Monday or not. If not, then I can order now.

creater1
Diva
creater1

Are they still available. I got mine from a friend who had bought this system and she sold all of the scrappy stuff.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to creater1

I got the info from Liz and will order as soon as I know if I will be here next week or two so I can take the order. Husband is talking about a flight to Hawaii tomorrow but I don't think we are going to try for it. The flight is 18 hours and that is way too long for Hawaii!

bluesonata
Tenant
bluesonata

I've been scrapbooking for over 10 years and have tried several different ways to cut circles. I have the CM circle cutter system with the original circles and that works great. But then I invested in the Nestability nested dies and found that I use them the most. I have four sets of circles and ovals - the large and the small and the scalloped edge circles and ovals for nesting. I use my Big Kick with the dies.

Edited by bluesonata on 06-11-12 04:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

Henri, you can order CM directly from their catalog online.

I don't think you need a consultant, but if you do let me know I have a girl I know who can help you.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Ohio4HMom

You do need a consultant, unless the office changed something and didn't inform me :). You can order from a consultant online (provided your consultant offers online ordering, which I do), but all orders go through a consultant. (Really, the president of the company needed to order some stuff when he was new, and he had to pick a consultant!)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to moxiegirl23

Thanks OHio mom but Liz has already contact me and I'm really comfortable ordering from her.

We didn't go to Hawaii today (so glad, so much I want to do here for a few more days - would rather wait until next month for Hawaii) so I will go ahead and place my order after I come back from lunch.

I'm going to get the 3 blade set, the large circle, the oval and the set of smaller circles.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

No problem Henri

I have them all except the large oval - didn't think I'd use it really

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Ohio4HMom

Oh and don't forget to get the 12x12 pad if you're getting the large cutters if you don't have a large self healing mat!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

Thanks - I need a self healing mat - I need to check with Liz and see if CM has one and I can just throw it on the order. Thank you for reminding me!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
No problem Henri

I have them all except the large oval - didn't think I'd use it really

I didn't know they sold the larger oval (thought it was a gift for buying so much). Many years ago I got it and have used it to make cut-out mats for a large pictures(8x10), and also used the cut out part for a huge easter-egg background. You're right though, not alot of uses for the larger oval. I use all the CM cutting templates regularly and always take them to crops.

teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817
In response to Shutterbugg

Creative Memories, hands down!! Worth every penny.

Edited by teresa0817 on 06-12-12 07:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to wilbur

Wilbur - they did have one oval years ago that was a gift for purchasing - can't recall the name of that program but it was a loyalty thing.

Now there is one that is stand alone - no other shapes. I think it is larger than the previous one.

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics