Username Post: ISO washi designs....        (Topic#1577339)
MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

So, I LOVE using Washi tape for organizing.

I am starting to make labels for DS's stuff and realized (he's 5 and not a full-fledged reader) it would be awesome to incorporate specific washi prints to help him with reading the words. You know word + picture...

IF anyone out there knows of washi tape with pencils, crayons, books, paper, fish... and whatever else I think of while I'm picking him up from school in a few. PLEASE let me know.

Also, it would be awesome to learn if companies out there are going to create any child-like designs any time soon. I know of some out there, but, of course, I need more.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to MommaSaid

Why not print on some white tape with your printer to make your own?

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Seaexplore

Chemo+radiation+side effects from both+ raising him and keeping up a home = lazy Anne who wants it already done.... If it's an option.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to MommaSaid

Oh, I hear ya Anne. I have a 10 month old at home. NOTHING crafty has been done around here since she was born!

Edited by Seaexplore on 06-07-12 07:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-07-12 09:27 AM
In response to Seaexplore

Love My Tapes has chalkboard numbers
Cavallini has alphabets and numbers
October Afternoon has days of the week
Queen and Company has some labelled "Icon" - boy icon, pet icon, etc., that may or may not have useful images.

But I don't think I've seen anything else that could be considered educational like that. You may have more luck with deco tape (decorative tape), which like washi comes in a lot of different colors and patterns, but it's a regular plastic tape.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to stick

I believe you're right, Stick. I've been searching, when possible.

Well, either the craft companies can get on my ball and make them for Fall (yet I bet it doesn't happen that quickly) OR I can grumble and search for stamps. That will be more likely...

But, yeah. If anyone EVER finds washi tape with pencils, crayons, clothing items, toys, etc on them, I'd be ever so grateful to know.

ncborn
ncborn 
Tenant
ncborn
In response to MommaSaid

I know its not exactly what you are looking for but Stampington and Company have numbers and alphabet washi tape. Just google and I think they should come up. Just in case you don't find what you are looking for.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to ncborn

Maybe a silly question but what is washi tape?
I see it around a lot but I never know what to use it for....

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to TheCharmedOne

Have you checked out etsy? They have tons of unique designs.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to theellenbee

Ellen, on your advice I did check and found MANY designs I flat out love (thank you for enabling) but not what I'm looking for specifically. Grr and Yay at the same time.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to MommaSaid

Anne, since they don't have what you want for your POJECT, think you should come up with another project so that you can buy some of this wonderfully addicting tape. I now use it on everything instead of scotch tape! I am officially addicted :-)

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to ncborn

• ncborn Said:
I know its not exactly what you are looking for but Stampington and Company have numbers and alphabet washi tape. Just google and I think they should come up. Just in case you don't find what you are looking for.

Excellent suggestion! I just checked them out. Again, I want what they've got, even though it's not what I had in mind. Their number and alpha tapes are purty cool.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

• theellenbee Said:
Anne, since they don't have what you want for your POJECT, think you should come up with another project so that you can buy some of this wonderfully addicting tape. I now use it on everything instead of scotch tape! I am officially addicted :-)

Me, too! I'm using three rolls right now as color-coordinating tabs in my daily planner. I also want to add a few rolls to teacher gifts the coming Fall.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to MommaSaid

The question has to be - How did we ever live without it?

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

With a touch less fun!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to MommaSaid

Yet another thing I own but have never used. Do any of you have samples of how you've used the washi tape? Maybe I can get inspired...and enabled. Wait, maybe I'd better not get inspired I just finished buying every stickle sb carries, so I don't need another item that I get compulsive about~

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-09-12 01:09 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

Mrs. D, I'd like to see more examples, too. I've just started using it and I really love the solid color ones, I haven't used a pattern yet but I got the Queen & Co. Disney pack in the NSD prize package, I have a plan to use one of them on a zoo LO, and we're hoping to go to Disney later in the year so they should come in handy

Here's how I've used washi so far, the grey and brown strips under the title:
Fashion Challenge: I Heart Shoes By Stick
Products Referenced in This Post:

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to stick

This is what I have handy in my gallery right now.

May Art Journal -- Regressa Ud, Manana By MommaSaid

Otherwise, I've used it to make tabs in my daily planner. Each person gets their own color. I've used tiny strips to mark out the days DS is supposed to get a shower, because DH forgets then there's a period of pointless bickering.

I've seen it wrapped around chipboard or thin wood shapes.

I've seen it used to alter photo frames.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics