Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Question about cardstock        (Topic#1577389)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Earlier this year, I started using Stampin' Up's smooth cardstock. Loved the weight of it, and the fact I could get packages of single colors. Well, now, they've discontinued a lot of their single color packages of 12x12 cardstock. Would someone tell me if Bazzil is somewhat similar in weight and texture? Or could you suggest something similar?

Edited by flintridgescrapper on 06-09-12 05:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to flintridgescrapper

The Bazzill Smooth is a similar texture, but it is a little bit lighter weight (but closer than some regular cardstock you might find at say Hobby Lobby). The only other CS I have onhand that I know who the manufacturer is would be some CM CS and it's not nearly as heavy as the Bazzill is.

If I remember right, SU comes out with a new catalog (their official annual one?) in July or August--my SU demonstrator always has a crop party in late August because of the new catalog. So maybe there will be a whole batch of new colors...?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to HuskerMom98

Thanks for your input. I'm so sad after finding it that they would discontinue.

They've changed the release of their catalog and it just came out on 6/1. They have the 8-1/2x11 in every color, but I want the 12x12.

deedee w
Resident
deedee w

I was disappointed that they no longer sell the textured cs. I am a huge Bazzill fan though and most of my cs is Bazzill. The orange peel is my favorite.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to deedee w

I'm not familiar with SU cardstock but I use Bazzill all the time....I like Canvas or Grasscloth texture ones because I like a texture to it...
Their smooth is really smooth, tho if that's what you are looking for. I think it is a pretty good weight. I use it for my BG a lot and it stands up to distressing, stamping etc...

Alison

Edited by kiyawinn on 06-10-12 08:36 PM. Reason for edit: I use the Bazzill smooth Kraft cardstock and I love that as well...it's a pretty good weight....

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to kiyawinn

No!!! SU doesn't sell textured anymore? I hadn't ordered from them in awhile, but I loved their cardstock. I also love Bazzill.

The Bazzill textured cardstock is heavier than SU textured. Not sure of the weight comparison between the smooth ones of each.

Scrappy V
Resident
Scrappy V
In response to kiyawinn

Is the Bazzill Smooth the exact same color on both sides? The textured looks different on each side, but what about the smooth? Thanks so much.

Edited by Scrappy V on 06-11-12 12:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Scrappy V

Bazzill cardstock, smooth and textured in plain colours is the same on both sides....
Of course, Bazzill does pp as well and that is different but the cs is the same on both sides...

Alison

deedee w
Resident
deedee w
In response to Scrappy V

I believe that Bazzill has some solids with a different color core also.

deedee w
Resident
deedee w
In response to scraprabbit

I just got my new catalog and there was no textured cs in it. A lot of 8x11 papers in the packs of solid colors, but few 12x12. Pretty disappointed. I don't do a lot of stamping so my orders to SU were embellishments, ribbons, papers, and inks.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to deedee w

I love American craft card stock you might want to check it out it's got a little texture and it's got the most awesome weight.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Sneezy1956

Thanks, Jane for your help. That's just what I was looking for.

Lidibids
Resident
Lidibids
In response to Sneezy1956

I use all Core' is is 80lb weight and I love that fact that you can sand it to get some wonderful texture and that it works so well with embossing folders and die cuts I stamp on the white textured cardstock all the time and love the look!!

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

Speaking of cardstock...I am always looking to try to match up cardstock with my patterned papers while creating layouts. Has anyone used the kraft Bazzill cardstock? I'm wondering if that would match a lot of colors in layouts. Any thoughts?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vintageivy

Yes, I use Bazzill kraft all the time....
I think it matches most colours/pp really well. The only thing that doesn't look great on it is white/bright mix of colours but that would be with any brand of kraft cs....
I've used it for camping LOs, beach LOs, Christmas, Halloween, outdoor/garden stuff.....
I love it! It's my go-to background paper now...

Alison

dstandard
New Kid On the Block
dstandard
In response to kiyawinn

I'm totally a Core'dination's cardstock gal - haven't used anything else in years - it has so many ways to use it and the colors match anything I need. I usually make all my layouts using only Core'dinations - because you can texture it and sand it - it never really seems like you are missing out when you don't add pp.

Andrea Amu
Resident
Andrea Amu
In response to dstandard

Another Core'dinations Cardstock addict here!
Nothing beats the versatility and quality of Core... so much to do with this brand of cardstock, from distressing, sanding, scoring, tearing, embossing... endless possibilities! And a variety of collections too... nothing boring about Core! They even have a complete Tim Holtz/ Ranger Kraft Core line that is to die for!

Larsensmum
New Kid On the Block
Larsensmum
In response to Andrea Amu

It seems there are lots of us who love Core'dinations, the colours are fabulous, brights, vintage, pastels, distress what ever your project needs they are perfect!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Larsensmum

I use a lot of Core'dinations but to be honest, I have thousands of sheets of cardstock and probably have some of every kind made.

THe only one I absolutely hate is the ones with the printed strip on the bottom of one side that makes one side more than 12".

I have made layouts on that and then realized I had to trim on side which means basically re-doing my layout.

I try to remember to check but both sides are just the same solid color and the paper gets turned over. I make it a point not to buy that brand.

So often I don't have just the right shade so I head for the local scrapbook store or Joanns or Hobby Lobby or Michaels, sometimes all of them with a photo in my hand to match or a piece of patterned paper to match with cardstock and can end up with any color.

I usually buy cardstock 20 sheets alike at a time. I know I will need that color again no matter what it is.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to kiyawinn

Hi Kiyawinn-Just wanted to thank you for recommending this cardstock! I love it and it is working out fantastic for journaling and matting on lots of my layouts! I just put another pack on my wishlist!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics