Username Post: Please don't laugh at me        (Topic#1577425)
Natalie19
New Kid On the Block
Natalie19

I have a question. I have done scrapbooks in the past but really don't know much about it. What is a swap? Is it just sharing ideas and examples with other scrap members? As the title states, Please don't laugh at me. LOL Thanks! :-)

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to Natalie19

Swaps include mailing items to exchange. Normally there is one host who facilitates the exchanges or "swaps."

They are very fun! Most here begin at the beginning of the month.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to ktmracing

There are all kind of swaps in here: from donations to ribbons, to altered pieces, etc. You name it, they're in here!! Some are monthly, seasonal or even for an entire year. All I can tell you, they're extremely fun and highly addicted so if you join one or two or a bunch of them be prepare to let your creative juices flow, don't be afraid and most important to fulfill the commitment to finish once you sign up.

That's the way I started when I join this site and I've had a very rewarding experience and have made a new group of friends through all these lovely ladies in here...Enjoy!!!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to GIGIGI30

Welcome Natalie!

The swap I was in, was a card swap between just 4 of us in Australia. We would decided on a theme, then each person put together a parcel for each of the others, and we mailed them by the 20th of the month.

The themes we had were for example; green & purple with buttons and cord, and blue and white with flowers. So each month each person made 3 cards and sent one of them to each of the others, with a small packet of goodies to a set value, and received the same from each of the participants. For Christmas we exchanged tags.

That was our swap, but of course each swap will be different. It was fun!

Natalie19
New Kid On the Block
Natalie19
In response to RedSquirrel

Thank you very much for the info guys! :-)This sounds like fun.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Natalie19

why would anyone laugh at you? Don't be silly Welcome to scrapbook.com

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics