Username Post: Corner punches for angles more than 90 degrees        (Topic#1577465)
New Kid On the Block

gm all This is actually less scrap related, but the same techniques apply I'm wanting to round the pointy bits of envelopes for my wedding invitation liners, but the envelopes are at an angle more than 90 degrees. The liners are bright blue on a white envelope, so I'd love to do something like this: http://store.scrapbook.com/f-01-005230.html

But I'm just not sure if any of the corner punchers that you can buy will do a corner that's more than 90 degrees. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to mikaselm

I'm confused. How can your envelopes have corners more than 90 degrees? Are they 5-sided?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-12-12 08:12 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

Linda, picture a standard business-size number 10 envelope, the corner on that flap is way more than 90 degrees.

Mikaselm, some punches definitely won't work. Some you may be able to make work, depending on the exact angle of the corner, but it would probably be a pain. How about adding a sticker to the corner instead?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to stick

Or how about a throwback from the "old days"

Deco scissors!!

Edited by Kim222 on 06-12-12 08:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Bxr-Linda

I think she means the corners of the flaps, which are often greater than 90 degrees.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

Thank you. Morning brain. Could NOT figure out how the CORNERS would be more than 90 degrees. My geometry wasn't working.

There are ways to 'fudge' a corner punch to work on something that is not a square corner.

New Kid On the Block
In response to mikaselm

no, they're four sided I'm wanting to punch the flappy bit that folds down, where the point glues to the middle of the envelope once it's sealed. That point is greated than 90 degrees.

This pic should show the corners that are being rounded:
http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/mikaselm/ ?actio...

New Kid On the Block
In response to mikaselm

Thanks, yall! I appreciate the input. I hadn't thought about the crazy scissors, but I might just give those a try, I'm sure I have about a thousand of them in a box somewhere... My sister says taht she has some of the MS punch around the page punches and that they work, and I had intended to pick some up fot another project anyway, so I might give those a try as well...

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to mikaselm

The Martha Stewart corner punches (if you see one you like) will work. The don't need to go on corners. They can also do large circles. Good luck.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics