Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: HUGE/HEAVY Wedding Album Scrapbook        (Topic#1577467)
mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to BougainvilleaBride

I converted one of my post bounds into a snapload after one of my other albums got so huge that the screw posts actually pulled thru the chipboard spine. So just a tip, the sticky back on the backs of the snaploads do not stay sticky for long and will start to pull up. Reinforce it with a good strong glue that will hold. I just used hot glue at the time and did not really know any better (it is still holding, though) but I'm sure that there is something better out there that you can use.

ItsPronounced_Abear
Tenant
ItsPronounced_Abear
In response to BougainvilleaBride

I know what you mean about the time it will take. I got married in July 2011 and started my wedding SB in February 2012. My goal is to finish all of it by my 2nd anniversary.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-14-12 04:21 PM
In response to ItsPronounced_Abear

Still working on editing and sorting through the wedding pics. I'm traveling for work and my internet has been terribly slow so edits are taking forever (I used a web-based editor). I'm hoping to have them all done and printed by Saturday, and the goal is to have the album complete by end of year. We got married in January 2011. Sounds like we could do a wedding swap or something. Please post pics of your LOs- I would love to see them!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-14-12 04:47 PM
In response to Vae

I haven't heard of snap load albums until this thread. Just looked up a video of them. I'm definitely interested... I might try these since my little bits of posts keep breaking apart.

BougainvilleaBride
New Kid On the Block
BougainvilleaBride
In response to Vae

Jarvae - Yeah we got married May 5th, I still haven't gotten the disc yet with all the pics, but it's supposed to be here in a few days. I already bought all my supplies and the album, but I'll be doing the same thing you are first with the edits. That's going to take a while, plus I already have about 1500 pictures to choose from from my guests. I'm only going to use the really good ones from them and hopefully narrow down the pics from the photographer to about 500-750 (from 1300+) .... Maybe less.... That's a lot of pictures to cram in a scrap book. It's like a full time job in itself and I work all day so I only have nights and weekends to edit and scrap. I will definately post some layouts and my album cover too. I hope you'll do the same. I plan to have my album done in about 3 months or so.... I'm really dedicated when I have a project on my table.

Yeah, I agree about the snap loads, it sounds like the only resolution that would work best, but I'm going to test it out first with my existing album.
Keep me posted on your progress.

Edited by BougainvilleaBride on 06-14-12 07:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-16-12 06:07 PM
In response to creater1

So for everyone doing wedding albums, are you including all your stuff from the planning stages in your albums? I'm undecided on this. I have tons of things like the business cards of the dress stores I went to while I was searching, some freebies I got at the bridal shows like some very cute pictures of my hubby and I in photo booths and things like that.

My wedding album will probably already be pretty big by itself. I had really wanted to keep EVERYTHING in one album to kind of document the entire journey, but now I'm thinking I might keep all the pre-wedding stuff in another album, including the bachelorette party and bridal shower and all the planning and stuff.

What are you ladies doing or for those who have already done this, what worked for you?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I got married in a small ceremony in our home but I like the idea of an engagement scrapbook and then a wedding scrapbook.

All the pre-wedding would go in the engagement along with all the wedding plans. I love it!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Henri Jean

My wedding album includes all the planning stuff and bridal shower in it, which together make up about a third of the book, and also the reception, which is only a couple of pages. It starts at the engagement and ends with our wedding cake.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to aquabunny

The first page in my book is an engagement type photo of DH and I (not an actual one, we didn't have professional engagement photos done, maybe your photo booth pics would be good for this!) and a big long journalling spot explaining how we met, fell in love, why we love each other etc..
I looked at the book as a "story of us" and not just a wedding book....

I added the ephemera to the pages along the way (just the stuff I actually used, I wouldn't include business cards or anything from places I didn't use, IMO). For example, I have a page with photo of the musicians playing in the backyard (we also did a backyard/outdoor wedding) and I included the playlist with our notes of which songs we wanted etc...
On other pages I included handwritten speech cards, the invitation to the wedding, things like that....

I have a 2 page spread on the bridal shower and a 2 page spread on getting ready for the wedding and the rest is rehearsal, wedding, reception and honeymoon....all in one postbound album!
I actually did my album years after we were married as I didn't start scrapping until then. I think that helped to weed out some things. I had a different perspective and didn't think that absolutely everything was important. I was able to tell my story with far fewer pics than if I'd done it right away. I think then, I would have wanted to include everything.......

Alison

BougainvilleaBride
New Kid On the Block
BougainvilleaBride
In response to Vae

I'm doing a bridal shower/bachelorette party album and pasting all the cards in it along with the gift list and some cute stickers and embelishments on the pages, and then a "planning preparations" album just standard photo album style, I also did 2 honeymoon photo albums that I left a bland slot on each page to insert a 4x6 piece of cardstock with notes and tropical embelishments and then plan on doing a full Wedding scrapbook with all the wedding day memorabilia that will fit and not be too bulky. It was just way too much stuff and pictures to do in 1 scrapbook for everything and if I did a scrapbook individually for all 5 events, I'd never finish it all.

For the wedding scrapbook I'm going to start with our invitation on the first page, and then continue with the getting ready pics all the way til the very end of the reception with a picture of us waving goodbye.

Edited by BougainvilleaBride on 06-28-12 09:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to mstasha

I got married in 2012 , still working on editing and sorting through the wedding pics. I am looking for some websites to edit my wedding pics. My wedding album is pretty big and possesses lots of snapshots of reception and wedding party. I will start preparing my wedding scrapbook soon. I will start with the first page of my scrapbook with reception snaps, initially.

ocala wedding venues

Diva
In response to stacycrow

I will be working on my nephew's wedding album...I was able to reduce over 900 photos to 680. SO hard to decide , they are so beautiful!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics