Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Do I need a Big Shot & a Grand Calibre?        (Topic#1577519)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Just got a Joann's flyer and the Grand Calibre is 50% off today only online.

It's down to $69.00 - I just ordered the Big Kick.

Please tell me I don't need both! I don't think the Grand Calbre takes the thicker dies, but it will take some of the bigger ones.

Now I'm confused all over again!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Henri Jean

unless you're going to get the grand nesties I think the big kick is plenty for you

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

Thank you - I was hoping someone would say that!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

hoping I'm right thats how I justified it to myself

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-14-12 07:43 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

The only thing the GC does differently is take the biggest of the Grand Nesties, which is really only the very largest of the dies in a few of the sets. And no, it can't do thicker dies - so none of the Sizzix Bigz or Originals. You're better off sticking with the Big Shot and your Cricut, in my opinion.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

Thanks Kara - that is exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

I have both (Well a GC and a Vagabond) only because I got the GC first and then decided I wanted to be able to cut other dies such as the Sizzix Big Dies. I love and use the both.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-14-12 11:31 AM
In response to Mother Goose

I use a combination of my Big Shot and Cricut Expression. Between the 2 of them, I am pretty much covered!

Enjoy!!

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to LeeLo

I have the Big Shot, the Grand Calibur and my Cricut. I like the Grand Calibur for cutting the bigger Nesties. Sometimes it's just easier to take it out than load up the Cricut. Just my thoughts, but if you aren't interested in the Grand Nesties than you will be fine with the Big Shot.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SandraB.

I let the Grand Calibre sale come and go yesterday. I haven't received my big shot yet and I think I want to get used to it first.

From most of the comments, I think that is all I will need. If I do find I need something that does bigger dies I guess I'll deal with that when I find it happens but from what has been posted, I don't think I will outgrow the Big SHot any time soon if ever.

ANother machine would just be a bonus! ANd maybe someday I'll do it but first I need to see how much I will use this one.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Ooohhhh you're gonna LOVE your Big Shot!! Mine really gets a workout! You can do sooo many things with it!!

Not only can it cut paper and chipboard (even the thick stuff) and grungeboard and rubber and metal and plastic and sponge and felt and fabric, BUT it can also emboss those things beautifully!

AND if you ink or paint or even stamp on the insides of your embossing folders and run them through, your paper will have that pressed into it.

Sooo many things and sooo much fun!!
Enjoy your new toy!!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
Ooohhhh you're gonna LOVE your Big Shot!! Mine really gets a workout! You can do sooo many things with it!!

Not only can it cut paper and chipboard (even the thick stuff) and grungeboard and rubber and metal and plastic and sponge and felt and fabric, BUT it can also emboss those things beautifully!

AND if you ink or paint or even stamp on the insides of your embossing folders and run them through, your paper will have that pressed into it.

I just figured this out. I got the TH folders that are the woodgrain and the brick, and I love the look of that inked and embossed into the paper.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flintridgescrapper

That is something I am going to have to try.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

I have both and use both but prefer my big kick because it takes all of the Tim Holtz dies And I use them all the time.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Sneezy1956

I LOVE my Big Shot. I have the qk squeeze, revolution, an older Bigkick (which is the same just different colors) and a vagabond..But i always go right to my big shot.

If your going to get into the 12 inch dies. I would recommend getting the 13 x 6 solo platform and shim. Plus the 12 inch cutting mat too.

New Kid On the Block
In response to peanut0325

I have been able to cut any die 6 inches wide or smaller in my big shot From Spellbinders to Quickutz/Lifestyle Crafts to Cottage cutz.
Before you know it you will have a really nice die collection....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to peanut0325

A nice die collection! I'm laughing. I got three sets of nesties before I ordered the Big Shot. Have got to figure out how to organize and store them.

I have got to control myself on buying dies - as if I had that much self control!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

Henri, I ordered the EZ Mount Stamp N Store panels. I saw a youtube video on them where they used these with the magnetic tape or magnetic sheets - glued/taped the magnet down on them and then the dies would store right on them in a 3 ring binder

I got them for $3.24 from J's for a pack of 5 because SB didn't have them in stock.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-18-12 02:02 PM
In response to Ohio4HMom

So far I'm really liking the new ArtBin magnetic storage system for all my thin dies.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

Thanks for the tip on that!

I'm not clear where you glue the magnetic page. Uner the back or on top or inside the sleeve?

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics