Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: He Knows        (Topic#1577529)
Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

So I come out of Jo's with my purchase of two new Spellbinder dies and show them to DH who was waiting for me in the car. He tells me "You've already got that one". I said "No, I don't". When I get home and hand them on my magnetic wall, I find that I did already have that one. Today I exchanged it for one I didn't have (and bought another, shuuuu"

He does pay attention to what I have, maybe more than I do.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Mother Goose

too funny. also potentially dangerous if he's paying too much attention to what you're buying! lol

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Tina scraps

LOL!!! That is too good.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Manda_K

note to self.... find boyfriend that is not detail oriented....

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Manda_K

That's funny.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kelseymel

I have to wear new clothes 3 or 4 times before my husband notices.

I re-arranged some furnture last month and he never noticed. I finally asked if he noticed anything different and he had to ask "In which room?"

The worst - the guest house is between our house and my son's house that we built for him. Its flush with the front of our side garage so you walk right past it every time you get out of a vehicle!

THere were lights in front and guests always stumbled in the dark trying to get the combination code in to open the door, then they went into a dark room with the lights on the other side.

While we were out of town my son got with our builder (of his house) and hired a contractor to put up two porch lights on the guest house to match the other porch lights across the front of the house and he also wired and put a light switch right inside the door.

Okay - I can understand him not noticing the ones inside, he doesn't go in the guest house - or rarely goes into it.

But... the two porch lights where it was dark before? The builder came over several weeks later and asked how BIll liked them and we told him Bill never noticed and we weren't going to tell him. We were going to wait to see how long it too.

We actually stood right in front of the guest house talking for 30 minutes with Bill facing the lights and the builder fighting to keep from laughing out loud!

It's been 3 or 4 months. He has noticed yet.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Henri Jean

HAHAA!! That would be me. I am horrible.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

I notice details of some things, but not others.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Manda_K

Thats funny!!!

If DH was ever able to tell me about doubles I had, I'd look around for the hidden tv camera

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Kim222

Henri!!!!!!! that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to laceyKat

I could paint the inside of my house orange and I don't think he'd noticed.

There is a good side to that - no matter how much weight I put on, he doesn't notice. One of our friends said recently, "He still see's you as a size 3 teenager - he hasn't seen you age at all - he just doesn't see it."

That is an advantage. I will always be super sexy to him. So in some ways, is a good thing he doesn't notice things.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free

:-) to both the story tellers!

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat

• Henri Jean Said:
I could paint the inside of my house orange and I don't think he'd noticed.

There is a good side to that - no matter how much weight I put on, he doesn't notice. One of our friends said recently, "He still see's you as a size 3 teenager - he hasn't seen you age at all - he just doesn't see it."

That is an advantage. I will always be super sexy to him. So in some ways, is a good thing he doesn't notice things.

Henri! that is totally soooooooooooooo flippin AWESOME!!! you are blessed!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to laceyKat

I am blessed for that one and I know it!

When I look at myself I see fat and dumpy. And old.

Yet when I'm on the computer he will just sit and stare at me sometimes. I ask him why he is staring at me like that and he says, "Because I just can't believe how beautiful you are. YOu were the most beautiful teenager in the world and now you are the most beautiful woman."

I'm not - no where close, but he sees me that way.

Yes, I am indeed blessed. When I tell him I want to loose weight he tells me to do it for myself if I do becuase he already loves the way I look.

As his former sister-in-law said recently, "He looks at you through the lovestuck eyes he had when you were both 19 and doesn't see that you've aged a day since then."

That is very awesome! He even loves my gray hair!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Henri that is SO sweet. Bless him.

Mother Goose, that made me laugh. I read your post out to my own man and he was impressed. He's pretty observant, but he definitely wouldn't notice if I bought duplicates.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
too funny. also potentially dangerous if he's paying too much attention to what you're buying! lol

I wish people would stop saying things like this as though they're funny. They aren't. If someone's partner noticing their purchasing habits is literally potentially dangerous, that is a partner who literally needs to be left.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to aquabunny

Aquabunny - I think this thread is all in good fun.

Mercy4Free
Diva
Mercy4Free
In response to Seaexplore

aquabunny...you are right though I know it was said in jest which is okay too. I just hope you are not the one in the actually dangerous situation. If so...there is help!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mercy4Free

I'm sure it was all in good fun.

I tease and say my husband is going to kill me if I buy one more piece of patterned paper but truth is, he doens't care. Not even a little bit.

Her comment made me smile and that is why I come to these threads.

And I like that we can all feel comfortable saying whatever we want here - things like that don't bother me at all. This whole thread has been fun.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

I've been married awhile. We both do little things that the other one isn't jazzed about. I think it is human nature to comment on these things in or own little ways. It in no way implies a dangerous or harmful situation. It is just two people with different needs and ideas. I think if we (hubby and I) were too alike we would drive each other crazy.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics