Page 5 of 219 
Username Post: July-September Secret Sisters...closed for this round        (Topic#1577567)
Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
So, Deb, I too loved being pregnant. My hair was great. I had no morning sickness. It was just nice. I would love to have had many kids, but I was 38 when I had DS and he was born with hand differences, so we decided not to have more kids. So I just throw all my energy (or what remains) into DS.

Oh goodness Victoria. I had great hair too, not to mention a great big belly. LOL!! I gained 60 pounds with Dane. By the time I got pregnant with Jarrod I had learned my lesson and only gained 25. Thank you Jesus!! I hate to ask, but what is 'hand differences'?

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Deb-doodle

Janie, God bless you!! 5 boys? I thought 2 would kill me. Of course I had all their friends here 24/7 too. My boys were very good at picking up strays. LOL!! They'd say, "Mom, his mom doesn't even cook dinner!! Can he have dinner with us?" I thought at times I would go crazy with all the teens at my house all the time.

But you know what? When my husband died, more of the kids friends came to his service than friends our age. I guess that was a true testament to what we mean to those kids. There were boys and girls too. And those same kids have been a God-send to me over the last 1 1/2 years. They've done yard work for me and helped out any way they could.

They're all in their 30's now and have kids of their own, but they still call me Mom, and I'm pretty proud of all of them. My boys are still friends with them all and whenever they have a get together I'm always invited and I must say that it makes me feel pretty special.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Reading that brought tears to my eyes Deb, that is what my house was like growing up. All my friends came to my house because my MOM was "cool". At least once a week if not all weekend that is were everyone crashed, was fed and hung out. When I graduated from High School we moved across country from New Brunswick to Alberta but I am sure if we had stayed they would of been there too for my MOM. Like you, she was a MOM to them all and made them all feel special and important. I hope that one day when my kids are grown I am rememeber fondly by my kids friends too and that I made them feel welcome, loved, special and important. Send you hugs for the great way you raised your boys and so many others even if you did not see that at the time.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Drayia

Yes Deb that is an awesome story and my mom is the same way only it's with her neices and newphews and we done ven adopted one into the family like he is our own what am I saying he is our own he comes to all the family cookouts and we are going out to dave and busters on my birthday which is also his birthday. And i to hope to be like that with my daugther friends and my friends kids. I think to a certain degree i already am.

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 06-25-12 11:54 AM

• Deb-doodle Said:
  • vawm Said:
So, Deb, I too loved being pregnant. My hair was great. I had no morning sickness. It was just nice. I would love to have had many kids, but I was 38 when I had DS and he was born with hand differences, so we decided not to have more kids. So I just throw all my energy (or what remains) into DS.

Oh goodness Victoria. I had great hair too, not to mention a great big belly. LOL!! I gained 60 pounds with Dane. By the time I got pregnant with Jarrod I had learned my lesson and only gained 25. Thank you Jesus!! I hate to ask, but what is 'hand differences'?

Preston is missing a finger (his middle one) on his left hand and had his middle and ring finger on his right hand joined as one. He has had three surgeries on his hands. One good thing is he can never flip anyone off. I have a funny story about that for another time..... It is a genetic problem that probably came from my family, although we don't know for sure.
No worries about asking!

Edited by vawm on 06-25-12 11:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to vawm

Oh girls, you are so sweet!!! You know it was so hectic sometimes with all the kids here, but now that it's over and I actually lived through it, I'm so thankful!! It's made me so much closer to my boys. They always felt they could come to me with any and every problem. Some made me blush, some made me mad, but all in all, they all made me appreciate my closeness.

John and I were invited to an Easter gathering at a friend of the kids house. All the kids friends were there with all their babies. John said to me, "We are the only old people here." I said, "I know, isn't it awesome?"

Victoria, thank you for explaining that to me. It certainly doesn't seem to hold him back any does it? In fact it might be a motivation. Especially pitching the way he does. He's had a lot to overcome and he's done a fine job of it. It must make you twice as proud!!

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

Okay ladies, I'm off to Michelle's for dinner. I'll see you later.

I love you ALL!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Deb have fun at your dinner you deserve it.

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
Hello Deb!

Well, about me? Im have no humans, 2 adopted cat's & an adopted African Grey Parrot. I also have found my soul mate after 39 years of life (smile) We just celebrated out 1 year anniversary on June 21st.

I love movies, altering things, creating weird art, creating Canvas & mixed Media arts. Im not a "typical" scrapbook er but I love art in general no matter which factor really.

I really dis-like fighting, drama & being mean. I am a very caring, loving, happy person. I speak my mind, I cant hold my tongue & Im protective of my friends or anyone I care about.

I love making people happy, bringing a smile to another's face is what I strive for in life. Now that I feel like I filled out a Looking for love survey LOL I am going to finish up the questions here & get to creating something

Laura, we have an African Grey too. She's a hoot and won't stop talking!! LOL

LinzLou
Diva
LinzLou
In response to LinzLou

I'd like to do another round if that's ok. I hope I won't have so much darn drama going on in my life this time round so I can be on here more! I've had so much fun this past round!!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Charisma3103

I just sent Kimberly a pm asking if I could come and play with y'all.I see some familiar faces here.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Pam in TX

We're on an outing to Walmart!! Day 11 post tonsillectomy and DH is leaving the house! Woohoo!!!!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Faithscrapper

I was wondering if I could join and like Pam In Texas said I too recognise some familiar faces will PM Kimberly all my goodie info.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to sasload4

Hi Sandra, Hi Pam.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to babigirl

Hi Shatema

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Nice of you to join us here you will like it

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 06-25-12 07:52 PM
In response to babigirl

Hi ladies!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
Hi ladies!

Hi Victoria, Thought I recognized your name. You did the tag for the British challenge. I did the Little Briticans.

Edited by Pam in TX on 06-25-12 08:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

betty1
betty1 
Queen
betty1

I have to sit this round out, I have a daughter getting married in Nov and I will be busy plus another grandbaby on the way.

I can't believe it's time for another swap, that sure did go by fast.

But thank you for thinking of me!!!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to betty1

Good morning, ladies!

Page 5 of 219 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics