Username Post: Cutting a stamped image        (Topic#1577577)
Expert

I want to cut out a stamped image of a person. Can you cut it right to the stamped line, or should you leave some white around the image? I've been looking around the gallery and it seems that most leave some white around the image. Is that the norm? Thanks.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to deedee49

It just depends on what you like. If you like the way the extra bit of white looks, cut that way. If you like the way it looks to cut along the black line, do it. Either way can be correct.

Does that help?

Expert
In response to runzalot81

I was thinking about it..and maybe cutting with a little white around it can help with contrast when you put it on colored paper? Maybe helps it pop a bit?

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Diva
AmyWho
In response to deedee49

I like to cut right to the line if I can but I think it looks fine either way.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to AmyWho

I stamp a lot of Magnolia stamps and most of those cute lil dolls have very curly hair, those are impossible to cut right on the lines so I cut those with a lil bit of white around them. If the image lends for it, to cut on the lines, I will. I kinda dislike the white but sometimes its best to leave white. Unless one like to make things difficult for one self lolol

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to TheCharmedOne

I leave a little white border and use my Fiskars microtip scissors.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to pinkpaperairedale

So what did you decide to do, deedee49?

Expert
In response to runzalot81

I cut it right to the line. It looks pretty good, for someone who has a little trouble cutting. Now I have to figure out how its going on the paper. Thanks runzalot and everyone who replied. I love you ladies!!! (And the occasional guy)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics