Username Post: Silhouette owners -- ? On best subscription service        (Topic#1577607)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

Those of you with silhouettes: what image subscription service do you use?

Do the $15/mo subscrips have a set selection of images to choose from each month, or can you pick from their entire library anytime?

We are getting an Amex gift card with our points and hubby is letting me purchase a Silhouette, so now Im all interested in this stuff.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Products Referenced in This Post:

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to LesleyC

I am a Silhouette owner and have never had a subscription. I just haven't been hitting scrapbooking lately hard enough to really merit it. I can pick from all the images available so I am sure any subscription holder would have the same ability.

I think a subscription would be a very neat thing. It will roll over for 60 days if you don't use it all, but if you really get crazy and at the end of the month still want to buy more (before your new monthly credits arrive) the mid (the one you are referring to...) and high range levels will allow discounts on the prices of each design as well. If you want a lot of images, a subscription is a great idea.

Also, they have free images every week - on Tuesdays - as well as new images that come out and discounted images too... good, with and without the subscription. So definitely take advantage of that... and they have periodic specials which should allow subscription holders to get even better bargains since you are given a specific dollar amount to spend (as opposed to a number of designs).

Edited by KatieJo on 06-17-12 09:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
Those of you with silhouettes: what image subscription service do you use?

Do the $15/mo subscrips have a set selection of images to choose from each month, or can you pick from their entire library anytime?

We are getting an Amex gift card with our points and hubby is letting me purchase a Silhouette, so now Im all interested in this stuff.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of Silhouette!!! I have the Original Sil and love it. A few years ago, they offered a 1-year "Unlimited" Subscription for 1/2 price. Needless to say, I bought it, and during that year, I downloaded everything I wanted. I now have a library of over 15,000 images.

They don't offer that plan anymore, but to answer your question...YES, you can download ANYTHING YOU WANT, with whichever plan you choose.

Having said that, I see you are thinking about the Deluxe Subscription/14.99 month which allows you to download $50 worth of images each month (reg. price images are usually .99) So that is about 50 designs a month. But for $5 more dollars, you can get 3 times that amount (150 designs a month), PLUS you can get any additional designs after that (within that month) for 1/2 price!

So here's the breakdown on the yearly subscripton:
Deluxe subscription $14.99 month for 1 year = 600 designs.
Premium subscription 19.99 month for 1 year = 1,800 Designs

You may say to yourself...do I really need that many designs...the answer is YES!!! You can NEVER have too many designs. Maybe I just got spoiled by my "Unlimited " subscription, and honestly, I have never bought a subscription since, but I still download the FREE Design each week.

But to be fair...only you know your monthly budget..so don't let me be an enabler.

Just in case you don't know about it, there is a forum here just for people with Diecutting Machines. If you point to Forums (at top of this page), and click on "more", you can scroll down to a Forum called Silhouette/Cameo/CraftRob o/Wishblade. On that Forum, you can find a lot of help and good information...even download free designs!!!

Hope some of this helped

Expert
In response to Love 2 Learn

I have to say, Sherry broke it all down very well--I too started with the unlimited and got almost everything in the store! I keep telling myself I don't need more designs, but each year I keep signing up for the $150/mo plan...this last year it was all of the Echo Park designs that sucked me back in because I love Echo Park papers!

HOWEVER! If you do not have a discount code for a subscription plan, a smart idea would be to start with the $50/mo plan and when SilAm has a sale (usually 25% off plans) you can upgrade to the $150/mo plan. You cannot use the sale codes to just change how much you pay a month, you have to upgrade your plan. Unfortunately you usually don't know when they are going to have a subscription sale, although the last two years I've renewed mine was during a sale at Christmas/New Years (instead of paying $20/mo I pay $16).

The downside of the subscription (in some people's eyes) is that you have to pay the entire year, you can't cancel after a couple of months without paying a huge fee (basically the cost of the remainder of the plan). You don't have the pay the upfront (although if you do you get a 5% discount on top of any other discounts), but you are required to keep the plan for 12 months.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to HuskerMom98

I bought the $150. Plan and got it with a discount code for $15 a month. So, worth it. And yes, you will find that many things to "buy"! And I don't even have my machine yet ( on back order)
Once I get my machine I will be running out of "money" long before my monthly renewal comes about!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to ChansGram

Thank you so much!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

Hi again,

Silhouette arrived today! Yay! Bfore I decide on a "plan", do the images get downloaded to your hard drive, or can you just access them if you purchase them.

Hopefully that made sense.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to LesleyC

They don't go to your hard drive (as far as I know) they just stay in your account within the Silhouette program. I could be wrong tho.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to ChansGram

Got it.

Posted some silhouette newbie ?s on the silhouette forum if anyone would like to help a sister out...

dominicsmama
Veteran
dominicsmama
In response to LesleyC

I got the $150 dollar plan two months ago. My two months are about to be deleted so I went ahead and bought what was in my wishlist, but I have over $80 left. I bought mostly basic shapes and things I like or think I could use in the future. I'm coming to realize is that they don't have a lot I like. Plus some of the cuts I do like look way to hard to piece together. They should be print and cut.

I suggest really looking at the images and see what you would want.

Expert
In response to dominicsmama

• dominicsmama Said:
I got the $150 dollar plan two months ago. My two months are about to be deleted so I went ahead and bought what was in my wishlist, but I have over $80 left. I bought mostly basic shapes and things I like or think I could use in the future. I'm coming to realize is that they don't have a lot I like. Plus some of the cuts I do like look way to hard to piece together. They should be print and cut.

This is my only complaint about some of the designs that are offered. They look great in the picture, but are a PITA to get cut out in the right colors and then pieced together! I've always wished that they required the designers to submit a real physical cut with CS picture of the design instead of a computer drawing/picture. I'm slowly learning that there are just some designs that aren't worth it and am slowly learning how to recognize them!

Edited by HuskerMom98 on 07-12-12 10:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics