Username Post: Shadow box for picture/wine cork?        (Topic#1577635)
New Kid On the Block

My fiance' and I were recently engaged. I saved the wine cork from the night he proposed. I wanted to make something with the cork and our picture. (using a showdow box idea.) I haven't scrapbooked much but was hoping for some help in creating something simple! (or if there is something similar I can purchase.)
Thanks!!

Edited by JTOUPS1214 on 06-18-12 06:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to JTOUPS1214

What about something like this?

(You'll have to click on the link as it does not allow public embedding.)

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/33/332 279/IMG_0...

Oh, and congrats!

New Kid On the Block
In response to kelseymel

Wow, Awesome little idea! Never would have thought of that. So easy too

Thanks a ton! And thanks on the "congrats!"

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

Congratulations! I am going to copy that idea. Just brilliant!! I also have champagne corks from some important celebrations. Any ideas Melissa?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to theellenbee

They are adorable, aren't they? I think I'm going to make some, too. I may have a few bajillion corks laying around . . .

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to kelseymel

I like the shadowbox idea. I think either of the ones I listed would be nice. There is room to include a photo, glue in the cork and some other little embellies, and if you wanted, then include a few words of your story. Or, a poem, or song lyrics, or whatever you choose. Then the piece could be hung on the wall, or set on a desk or shelf. Either of them could be painted or covered in paper to match your decor.

Whatever you decide, be sure to show us your finished product!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-18-12 11:49 AM

Congrats on your engagement!!

Yes, let us know what you decide to do!

I incorporated some of the corks from my engagement day into my scrapbook pages. I actually sliced them in half so there would be a flat side that I could mount to the page. I don't think that's what you have in mind for this, but might work for something in the future.

Bottled Memories By Jarvae

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics