Username Post: My huge LSS is closing then end of this week        (Topic#1577665)
creater1
Diva
creater1

I can't believe it my favorite store is closing. 8000 square feet of heaven is closing the end of this week:(
It was an awesome store every die cutting system and lots of new stuff and lots of older favorites. I so hate to see this when someone have given their heart and soul to a business.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to creater1

have you anywhere else close to you?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to RedSquirrel UK

That totally stinks hun.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to TJCraftyWitch

We have the box stores and Archivers but nothing like 8000 sq feet of anything you could imagine. I love going there because if I forgot or needed another coordinate of something I wished I would have got she either still stocks it or had it in her other store in another city.
I am so sorry to see them leave. She had a poor location. She was in a previous Joann's store Super store imagine how much scrappy stuff. Joann's didn't do well in that location either. I guess location, location, location.

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to creater1

This is very sad news. We all love coupons & sales but it really hurts local business that just can not get the deals box stores can.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 06-19-12 08:38 AM
In response to Sassie

Is she closing because of poor performance or because she doesn't want to do it any longer?

8000 sf is an awful lot of inventory to have on your books.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to GMFTS

See, that just proves we need to buy more, more, more! Seriously, that's the pits. We've lost several stores here in Iowa. I have one I just love and keep my fingers crossed it keeps making enough money to stay in business.

Expert
In response to dwelch

Feel so bad for you....It's so nice to have an LSS close. I feel bad for the owner too, who gave her heart and soul to the business. To realize you just can't keep the doors open anymore is heartbreaking.
Even though there is online shopping, there is nothing like being able to see and feel papers, and match them up ourselves. I've ordered some papers online that just weren't the shades I thought they would be from the pics.
Hope you can find a new place to shop. The big box stores just don't carry the quality or quantity of nice paper. They have all the tools and stickers and stuff like that, but no personal touch. Geez, usually you can't even find someone who scrapbooks to help you.
I love my LSS and also hope they make enough to stay in business.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to deedee49

I agree - especially about cardstock. That I like to buy in person to match colors.

I have enough scrap stuff to last for several years, especially patterned paper but cardstock is the main thing I run out of becuase I don't have just the right color.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to creater1

I know how you feel. The knitting store that I started knitting at 7 years ago is closing next week. I am so sad. I would be there knitting several times a week. I met so many new friends there. I find it hard to imagine picking yarn for a project at an on-line store.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Unique scrapper

I went in today to buy a couple of Slice organizer and so sad.
I agree she had a ton of inventory in just this one store not to mention her smaller store in a smaller town, non the less she tried to make it wonderful for everyone and she did put all her heart and soul and lots of money in it.
This store will be missed by many of us however it is pretty hard to have a store of 8000 sq feet that is dedicated to Scrappy stuff alone.
Pretty unbelievable that there is that much stuff and lots of it.
Goodbye Mary best of wishes and thanks from those of us that appreciated all that you offered.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics