Username Post: First time ever for awesome deals that didn't feel so good.        (Topic#1577693)
creater1
Diva
creater1

So bittersweet to get fabulous deals 60 & 70% off stuff today. Awesome selections of everything. I felt awful while I shopped at the best ever scrappy store that is going out of business. Then to top it off the owner is giving away some awesome prizes after she gives you stuff for less than she paid for it. TV, patio furniture luggage. Then the really big bite is that people are complaining about how she is giving the points away on specific stuff. Her store her contest. People really if ya don't like her game then opt out you don't have to participate with the games the sales notta.
Some people just continue to kick a good person down. I just don't get it.
Anyway good job Mary going out with some class will miss this great store.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to creater1

That would be very bittersweet! Wonderful to get great deals but still, I know you'd much rather have your store staying open.

How nice of her to give out such wonderful prizes - I don't get people who complain.

Judes4
Judes4 
Veteran
Judes4
In response to Henri Jean

Some people you just can't please.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to Judes4

What a shame. I mean, I'm glad you got good deals, but sorry the store is closing. Maybe you can do a page about the store, using the clearance products?

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to RedSquirrel

I know what you mean.... several good stores have closed in my area. When my favorite closed, I made sure to get there right after work and put my name on a couple of their big paper display units. I absolutely love them, but I felt a bit like a vulture.

Hopefully you have another store to shop at.

shygypsy
Tenant
shygypsy
In response to creater1

Just read this post a few days ago. The comment of the "point system" for prizes and the name of the owner made me realize which store it was. I used to live in the town that has the original store. I moved here last summer and had forgotten that they had a store in this area for some reason. So I googled the name of the store and found the address for the one here.

Yesterday, I went to the store for the first time. I did buy quite a lot, but like you said...it was bittersweet. I don't know the owner personally..but I used to go to the store in TF on a fairly regular basis. Her daughters run the store there.

Today is their last day of business. I am still debating on whether or not I should stop by the store again.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to creater1

What a kind and supportive post, how lucky they were to have you as a customer. I am sorry to hear that another store is closing especially one that sounds as nice as yours.
Hopefully people will help her out by buying most of her inventory. I am sure she was thankful to have customers that think like you.

The rest sound like dumb clucks with feathers ruffled for no reason other than the hot wind blowing from their beaks! Hello.....there won't be any store to use points. You would think they would see beyond their own needs and just support the owner by letting her move as much inventory as she can in peace.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to shygypsy

• shygypsy Said:
Just read this post a few days ago. The comment of the "point system" for prizes and the name of the owner made me realize which store it was. I used to live in the town that has the original store. I moved here last summer and had forgotten that they had a store in this area for some reason. So I googled the name of the store and found the address for the one here.

Yesterday, I went to the store for the first time. I did buy quite a lot, but like you said...it was bittersweet. I don't know the owner personally..but I used to go to the store in TF on a fairly regular basis. Her daughters run the store there.

Today is their last day of business. I am still debating on whether or not I should stop by the store again.

Yes you do know the store and she had even better deals Sat. I am so happy to say that she is still considering a smaller store in the near future after she gets some health issues taken care of. I was so happy so hear that. She seemed pretty optimistic on Sat. So I look forward to that.
Did you say she closed the TF or did I miss understand?
Anyway I was glad to shop Sat the last day and see all the employees with happy faces.

As far as the points. She was offering points for everything that you purchased at the end of the sale she tallied them and then the gifts were a TV, luggage and a few other things that I don't recall. How nice to still be positive and still offer nice giveaways. Kudos to those with positive attitudes.
Glad to meet another from Idaho.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 06-24-12 06:00 PM
In response to creater1

It breaks my heart when people have to close their doors, and others act so awful in the midst of it. It is very hard to let go of something like a business, most owners have put their heart and soul into it. I hope she is able to resolver her health issues and reopen a smaller store in the future.

shygypsy
Tenant
shygypsy
In response to creater1

I talked myself into going on Saturday..which was very easy to do. Like you said, she had things marked down even more that day. I didn't go there until close to 5pm. I didn't look at the paper on Friday since I have so much paper, but on Saturday I was unable to resist. I spent way more than I had originally planned, which was easy to do at those prices.

Like you mentioned, all of the employees had smiles on their faces and had a positive attitude. I wish them the best and hope to have a chance to interact with them in the future.

As for the store in TF, it is still open. One of her daughters runs the store and the other one is usually in the basement with their internet sales. The next time that I am in TF, I will definitely stop by their store.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics