Username Post: CuttleBug Vs. Big Shot???        (Topic#1577699)
Zermeno26
Resident
Zermeno26

what are you're likes and dislikes about these products I want to pick one. I want to do at lest 5x7 matting and 12in borders, embossing, use it mostly for card making, but some scrapbooking, I want to use some spellbinders with it, my mom also has allot of sizzix products. I found the big shot for about 10 bucks more then the cuttlebug.

can anyone help, which one should I pick?
Products Referenced in This Post:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Zermeno26

IMHO, they are about the same.

CB is a few bucks cheaper, usually.

CB stores in less space,,,,,

but the BS is a bit more stable on the table.

I'd get whichever you can find cheaper, myself.

Jaci67
Jaci67 
Resident
Jaci67
In response to CommaHolly

I had the same dilemna and went with Big Shot...love it!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Jaci67

I chose the Big Shot - it came today so I haven't played with it yet. That is my treat for tonight.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Henri Jean

I was lucky enough to play with both before I decided, and while they are both good machines, and like Holly said pretty darn near the same thing, I just preferred the BS. I think because it felt a little sturdier...

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have a Cuttlebug, I love the folders, they are small, which I like but I would love even more if I could emboss bigger sheets. But for now, I love it, very affordable. And I can use Darice embossing folders with them.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Mia1979

I use the BigShot and I love it! I love that it can cut almost any material and I love that it will take almost any die....
I had a look at the Cuttlebug website and it does say that it will cut most materials less than an 1/8" but it doesn't say if it can take the thicker Sizzix dies.....that would be my concern....I love the TH dies and a bunch of the Sizzix BigZ dies!

Alison

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kiyawinn

The CB also takes the thicker dies. They are pretty much the same in what they DO,,,,each one has an advantage or two over the other,,,it probably depends on price,,,,,,and storage space, to be honest, as the CB is a bit smaller in profile for storage and a few dollars cheaper,,,,,

All I could find when I was searching locally was the BS. It IS a bit sturdier on the table, which is a plus,,,,,,,again, it depends on your needs.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 06-21-12 04:55 PM

I love my cuttlebug - best money I ever spent, I use it on every layout. I love the versatility of it - I've yet to find a die I can't use - and it folds up small. It's very sturdy as well.

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to J-M

I love my little CB. I've had mine for about 4 years now. I do ike the big shot as well. I haven't gotten the big shot b/c I just don't have the space. I find my CB does what I want it to do, other than...my friend who used to sell stamping up told me these texture plates I got would work in my cuddlebug, and they don't Mostly b/c I know I need some sort of shim, but when I experimented with this at my local store I scrap at frequently (doing what I had seen others do with these exact same plates) I exploded their CB! I mean, literally, it sounded like a shot gun went off and the whole side blew out and hit the wall! So I'm a little hesitent when it starts to feel tight like it can...when too tight is tooooo much!

either way, you can't go wrong!

If I decide to upgrade, it might be the Big Shot Pro (you know..one day when I have a house and a bigger scrapper space). I love the idea of embossing to 12x12!

Zermeno26
Resident
Zermeno26
In response to Samothrace

I ended up get the BS. thanks everyone for your input it helps so much

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Zermeno26

hope you enjoy it!!!!!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

The cuttlebug is fine. However, i wanted to use some of the larger sizzix dies that won't fit the c. so i got a big shot i really wanted the pro machine but that was WAY out of my budget.

mabye later.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to cescrapper

Cool.That reminds me to use my new folders on my next layout. Have fun with your new toy.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics