Username Post: Cricut        (Topic#1577703)
kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat

So I am makin me a bigger desk. So that involves moving a little bit stuff around. But was wondering. Does any one have there Cricut under a window? I am not sure if that is a good idea. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Kajunkat Mary.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to kajunkat

Since it is electrical anything could happen, I suppose. Some machines are more sensitive than others. I probably wouldn't keep it there permanently. Could it sit on a second shelf when you aren't using it to protect it some?

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to 950nancy

mine is sitting to the left of my window and I've had no issues. I do have a blind on the window though that is closed all the time. My craftroom is in the basement, not sure if that would make a difference or not

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SandraB.

Is the window NEWER? do you ever open it and therefore risk accidentally forgetting to CLOSE it?

I'd not hesitate to put mine under a newer window with no leaks that I rarely (if ever) open,,,,,,but if it's older, poorly maintained, or often opened, I think I'd rather not risk it myself,,,,,,

there's always home owner's or renter's insurance though

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to kajunkat

I've never had mine under or near a window. Currently it lives in a cabinet my hubs made specially for that purpose. One of these days I'll get around to getting some decent pics and will post in my gallery.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 06-20-12 09:09 PM
In response to chocolateaxel

What else would you be storing there? If it's just the machine and not a stack of paper or anything, I would say go for it as long as there is no risk of leaking. The color might get bleached from the sun though (the back of our couch is like a completely different color now after being a year in the sun, and yes, we keep our blinds closed) so it might help to keep a cover on it (a dishtowel or something should be good). That would also help keep it from getting too much dust.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Vae

I've never even thought about it. Both of my Cricuts are under the window. One on the top shelf of a rolling cart and one on the 2nd shelf. I do keep a cover on it, and I never ever open the window. (I think it's painted shut!) Of course, they're not plugged in.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to dwelch

i'd worry about it discoloring from the sun or knocking it over when i opened the window.

grandmamichelf
Veteran
grandmamichelf
In response to Lamoo12

My Cricut is right in front of our window air conditioner so I guess it's in front of a window and an air conditioner. The only problem I've had so far is that it complains that it's cold and wants a cover. Silly machine!

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to grandmamichelf

Thanks everyone for the advice and comments. I have decided not to take a chance under the window. It is on the top of the cabinet and it would have been right under the window. So I just moved it back and now under the window is empty ... for now any way.. Thanks again. Will post pics later of new desk. It is not to different but a little bigger.. Bigger is always better.. hehehehehehehehehe...

Expert
In response to kajunkat

Mine is right next to the window..it seems ok.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics