Username Post: Canon T4i??        (Topic#1577735)
LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-21-12 12:08 PM

I saw something online the other day about the Canon T4i. It isn't out yet, but apparently should be later this year. From what I found it has a touch screen and 5fps, but other than that I'm not really sure what kind of upgrades it has from the T3i. I have the T3i and do not wish to upgrade just for a touch screen. The 5fps would be nice as I shoot a lot of baseball, but my T3i isn't very old at all though.

It seems like every time I buy something, they come out with a new version a very short time later! Anybody else heard anything about the T4i?

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to LeeLo

It's basically the same sensor as the T3i, so image quality will be really similar. It's just another refinement of the model.

The FPS difference... I thought it would have a huge impact shooting dance. I went from a Rebel XT (3) to a 50D (6) and while the 50D does have a faster burst rate I didn't feel like it really helped me nail more shots. Honestly, I just found it helped me fill up a memory card faster. IMO a little bit of knowledge about the sport you're shooting and some old fashioned anticipating the shot can serve you just as well as a fast burst rate, if not better.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-22-12 05:56 AM
In response to photo_chick

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I've gotten some really good shots of DS's baseball this year with my T3i. Like you said, I know the sport and can anticipate when to shoot. I've gotten some great action shots with the ball in the picture. I've even done some bursts of DS pitching and got some really good sequence shots.

Thanks for the info...I guess there is just something in me wanting to make sure I have the best!

Veteran
In response to LeeLo

FPS doesnt work so well with flashes so that part doesnt do me much good. If the screen is larger due to having the buttons on the screen, that would be something that I would be interested in. I like being able to do a picture viewing right on the back of the camera if I have to, so the bigger the screen the better for me.

The best thing about a T4i is that it means the T2i's and T3i's will be that much cheaper. I want to get a second T2i for a backup to replace my XT that I hate to use now.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to GeraldFagan

I have the T2i and love it. I bought it last December as a christmas present to myself, lol. It takes good pictures for me. I know I'll be using it for a long time. I'm still learning the camera still 8 months on, lol.

Justie

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics