Username Post: Spellbinders vs. Lifestyle Crafts....        (Topic#1577743)
kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I have a few Spellbinders and I just received my first Lifestyle Crafts (QuicKutz) nested die.
I have to say I LOVE it!
I got the nested scalloped circles.....it has 15 dies, from very, very small up to 5.5"!! (just the right size for my BigShot)
Just wondered if those of you that love the Spellbinders, have tried the Lifestyle ones....

Alison

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kiyawinn

No, I haven't,,,,do they emboss like the spellbinders??

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to CommaHolly

I have a few but I haven't tried them yet

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-21-12 03:42 PM
In response to Ohio4HMom

I haven't used the nested ones, but I have quite a few of their other dies (2x2's, 4x4's, and other shapes). You can find discontinued ones pretty cheaply right now.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

• CommaHolly Said:

No, they don't emboss...at least the ones I have do not. But they cut great and you get so many more sizes with them....

Alison

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

No, they don't emboss...at least the ones I have do not. But they cut great and you get so many more sizes with them....

Alison

I got the squares and the corners are a bit rounded. They are not crisp corners and the dies are very thin and feel like they are going to bend if I don't handle them carefully. I don't know about the other ones but I prefer spellbinders and this is my last set.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to CorrieW

They are awesome! I have a few of them in the basic shapes. I want more of them, currently saving up money for them to buy more. The fact that they have so many multiple dies, make them a favorite of mine.

They do emboss but they leave a smaller edge than the Spellbinders. I actually love the Quickuts/Lifestyle dies more than the Spellbinders because of their multiple dies.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to TheCharmedOne

I only have the set of nested circles in Lifestyle Crafts, but I certainly intend to get more. There are so many more sizes in each set than the Spellbinders nested shapes; it makes them a great value. I want to get the squares with the rounded corners, the pinked circles, and maybe the It-Kits.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to traceyjean

I have one LC die - the reindeer/sleigh combo. I love it. It's adorable and cuts like a breeze.

I may have to try some of their nesting dies, I'm so lazy half the time that I don't emboss my Spellbinders cuts anyway.

The Nesting Flowers are adorable!
Products Referenced in This Post:

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to traceyjean

Oh, I like the tag one! Are ya'll saying they work with the Grand Calibur?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to CrimsonMama

I would imagine they work with the Grand Calibur.
They say they work with most die cutting machines. I use them with my BigShot and they work like a breeze!

The next set I'm getting is the nested pinking circle one....think it will make a great sun shape and also for badges/tags/journalling spots.
As previously mentioned, the thing I think makes them so great is that you get 15 sizes in one package! There are so many of them and I have not found them flimsy....they work great.
The other bonus, is that they say they will cut fabric for flowers etc...I haven't tried it yet but that would be an easy way to create your own fabric flowers....

Alison

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kiyawinn

I might have to try some, although I can't imagine buying more of those than spellbinders,,,,spellbind ers just has the most gorgeous shapes, etc. but for nesting ones, basic shapes I don't have, I might have to try some.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 06-22-12 12:13 PM
In response to CorrieW

• CorrieW Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Alison

I got the squares and the corners are a bit rounded. They are not crisp corners and the dies are very thin and feel like they are going to bend if I don't handle them carefully. I don't know about the other ones but I prefer spellbinders and this is my last set.

I am a true believer in Quickutz... I have tons and tons of them and do not have problems with the dies at all. Plus the company are fantastic about backing up their products.

Another poster said they are thin and feel like they will bend: they don't.
There are multiple sets of squares and some do have rounded corners but other sets do have the crisp clean ones.
As far as embossing at the same time - no they don't however they do have a number of embossing folders.

I love their fonts too and the variety of sizes I can get. Just wish that sb would carry them again.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Alison

I have the star one & they do emboss Holly.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am a newbie spellbinders buyer, I just found these QK ones so I have the circles & stars. I want a bunch more. I only have 6 Spellbinders.

my stars do emboss. I just saw that on my last page. I do not know about the circles

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to anda11

wow- I love the 'pinking circle' set!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
  • CorrieW Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Alison

I am a true believer in Quickutz... I have tons and tons of them and do not have problems with the dies at all. Plus the company are fantastic about backing up their products.

Another poster said they are thin and feel like they will bend: they don't.
There are multiple sets of squares and some do have rounded corners but other sets do have the crisp clean ones.
As far as embossing at the same time - no they don't however they do have a number of embossing folders.

I love their fonts too and the variety of sizes I can get. Just wish that sb would carry them again.

The set I have is not supposed to have rounded corners, it's one of those things that I like the corners to be crisp, otherwise I can cut a square with my trimmer. This is the set I have and if you look at the picture closely I can see it doesn't have the crisp corners I wanted. I wish I had checked more closely when I ordered.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• CommaHolly Said:
I might have to try some, although I can't imagine buying more of those than spellbinders,,,,spellbind ers just has the most gorgeous shapes, etc. but for nesting ones, basic shapes I don't have, I might have to try some.

Let's see Holly, didn't you say you have 52 spellbinders? This can be another one you have to collect in mass quantities.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics