Username Post: Busy mom who needs help!!!        (Topic#1577749)
New Kid On the Block

I am a military mom of 2 (one autistic and the other an infant) so not as much time......aside from my family as I'm sure most of you also feel, my photos are the most important! I am ashamed to say that I thought current magnetic albums were okay for archiving Now I have 5,000+ photos and the perfectionist that I am, am looking for high capacity photo albums that are durable (don't rip and can withstand multiple times being flipped through by relatives and children) and for archiving, but i particularly prefer to have a memo place next to the photos. From there, I intend to use copies of favorite pictures for scrapbooks. I've looked all over the internet and I could really use help in finding the best durable, long term, photo albums for all my photos. I am one of those people who takes tons of photos and deleting any unsuitable photos right away, but can not bear to throw away any pics (so long as they're centered, focused and overall capture the moment). Thanks so much for any help!!!!!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to CraftyMommy

Welcome CraftyMommy!

Well that's your project for this summer sorted!
I'm afraid I just have regular flip albums for my 6x4 photos. If I have any notes, then the notes slot into the flap either above or below. Or, I'll slot them behind the photo with a little tag sticking out slightly. You'd need a lot of these for 5000+ photos though.

Have you looked in the Superstore (blue tab at the top next to Home) and searched for photo albums? There are hundreds there. Good luck!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to RedSquirrel

I like the we r memories album and page protectors with different picture options.
Here are just a few options.

deedee w
Resident
deedee w

I did this exact same thing. I started about 8 years ago pulling photos out of those sticky, magnetic albums. I have 5 children, and my photos began most around 1980! I began the very long, tedious task of putting them in order, sorting out the duplicates since when I took them they were film so I always got 2. Bad idea. I organized them into shoe boxes and started purchasing "nice" photo albums one or 2 at a time as I could afford. I have filled about 20 so far, still working on it. Only now, with digital pictures, I've quadrupled what I already started with. So, it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back constantly.
Good luck!

New Kid On the Block
In response to deedee w

Thanks everyone! I actually ordered a ton of We R Memory Keepers albums and photo sleeves, so we'll see how they work out.

cmnana 
Tenant

I hope those albums are what you want. If not, I use only Creative Memories albums. They come with a lifetime guarantee. Picfolios have slip in pockets and are expandable. The kits allow for adding color and journal boxes next to your photos. The bindings will withstand years of page turning. Their scrapbooks are also the best on the market.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics