Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Buying duplicates?        (Topic#1577805)
Expert

Ok...So..I just found out that I bought a duplicate copic marker...again! How many of you have bought duplicates of things? I can see how easy it is to buy spellbinders again too. As I was shopping at the convention...I was staring at a spellbinders booth thinking...do I have this one???????????

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to deedee49

That happened to me before, now I carry my copic chart with me. Since it folds down, I always have it in my purse. And I have notes on my iphone of the main things I buy so I don't buy duplicates anymore. It has helped a lot!!!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to binkiemonstermom

I've bought plenty of duplicates, from tiny things like the cats eye ink pads to bigger priced things like Slice cards and spellbinders. If I can't return them, I gift them to a friend or do a RAK on my blog. I finally wised up and took pics of my spellbinders with my phone, so they're there for reference when I'm out shopping. I've purchased all of the copics that I want, so at least I'm not buying doubles of those any longer!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to siameseplease

Yes, I've bought duplicate Copics too - drives me mad. Now when I buy a new marker, I add it to the card I made showing all the numbers with the colours next to them. I take a photo of that card with my iPhone, so I always have a record with me.

I tried and researched lots of ways of keeping records, but that's the simplest and easiest for me.

Spellbinders are not an issue yet, because I haven't that many. But I'm working on making them a problem too.

Expert
In response to RedSquirrel

I gotta get a copic card..is there one on the internet to print? I know I have all the ones I need from M's so I don't bother there..but the convention had a couple of dealers, and at a good price too, so..I took a chance. Just a little over 4 bucks for sketch markers. That was a deal.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to deedee49

I finally wised up and use my blog on here to keep track of somethings. I am able to update as I add tools. I have different posts for distress inks, stickles, tim holtz dies, etc. And I list items alphabetically so I can quickly see if I have it or get to buy it.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Rosita

Funny story (I've posted this before). I finished my shopping at Jo's and got in the car where dh was waiting. I showed him the Spellbinder dies I bought and he tole me I already had that one. I said I did not, but he insisted that I had. When I got home I realized I did have that one. He noticed. He cares, He's aware of what I'm doing. Good or bad?

Expert
In response to Mother Goose

Amazing that your husband noticed. My husband has no clue what I have. He just knows I have a lot..lol.
I think that's nice though. Shows he takes an interest in what you are doing.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to deedee49

My tip...take quick photos and store them on your phone. This method has stopped me from buying duplicates numerous tip. You can even take photos of multiple items and then just zoom in for the detail.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Gelidy Gelato

i do it all the time w paper and stickles

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Just G

I've managed to never do this. I try hard not to have more dies or cartridges or punches or stamps than I can keep track of - if I forget and buy a duplicate, it means I have too many and need to scale back. It's part of why I keep an inventory of those - I don't take it with me, but I browse through it often enough that I fairly regularly get a glance at all the tools I own, which aids in preventing duplication. I do sometimes buy additional sheets of a patterned paper I already have, but never by accident, but just because I liked it enough the first time to want to have some more of it in stock.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
Ok...So..I just found out that I bought a duplicate copic marker...again! How many of you have bought duplicates of things? I can see how easy it is to buy spellbinders again too. As I was shopping at the convention...I was staring at a spellbinders booth thinking...do I have this one???????????

I have lists of many things that I have already. When I whip them out in a store people giggle at me. If I have bought something that I haven't used yet, I sometimes forget I have it. A little bit of OCD can go a long way.

Expert
In response to 950nancy

SO true nancy...that's my problem...If I havent used it, I can forget I have it. Or I might have been pondering it at a store, and not buy it...then think I DO have it.
Geez, I could remember things better when I was younger.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-24-12 11:56 AM
In response to deedee49

I keep my inventory in googledocs so I can always access it with my phone when I'm in the store.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to stick

I have an inventory program on my iphone that I use...I don't keep track of paper but all my copics, stickles, stamps, dies, punches etc. are stored in the inventory list....
I have in the past bought a duplicate so I'm pretty organized about my supplies now....

Alison

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Mother Goose

• Mother Goose Said:
Funny story (I've posted this before). I finished my shopping at Jo's and got in the car where dh was waiting. I showed him the Spellbinder dies I bought and he tole me I already had that one. I said I did not, but he insisted that I had. When I got home I realized I did have that one. He noticed. He cares, He's aware of what I'm doing. Good or bad?

and that story is STILL funny!

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to Tina scraps

I've bought duplicate punches before, but I just put them into my Sunday School bin.

I can see I'm going to need some sort of list for my Copics - I only have half a dozen of them but I'm already having trouble remembering what colours I have! I have an Android phone with a sticky note app, so I use that to make lists of stuff.

Jen

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to JenKoss

Let me see: I've purchased duplicate paper, ink pads, paint, stickers,other items such as embellishments...I'm sure there are more but thats what I can think of right now....

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Mia1979

I looked for a good inventory app on my iPhone, couldn't seem to find what I was looking for, so I just use the note section and keep a list of all the things that I can't seem to remember.
Ya know, when ya have 70 bottles of glimmer mist (me) 141 punches ( Ms Nancy!!!) it is very hard to remember it all.
I can't even imagine how hard it would be to keep track of the copics. There are so many shades of each color.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to ChansGram

So far I have only bought duplicate paper. It was funny when I discovered it, but I just love the paper so much, I do not have a problem using it twice!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics