Username Post: Paint? :o        (Topic#1577823)
ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162

So... I've been intrigued with watching YouTube Scrappers ... especially when they use paint, mist, or just drop some blobs of paint on the lo. It looks cool... only that you have to wait for it to dry... & I don't have a heat gun... and don't plan on it for awhile... So, do you use paint, mist, or blobs? I'm pretty sure Ranger has some paint that's acid-free, are there others; like Making Memories? thnx in advance!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to ScrappinGirl162

I use paints and mists. Acrylic paint doesnt take long to dry. I have been using it more and more lately. You can check out my gallery if you wish. Mists dont take long to dry either. But both depend on how much you use. I use regular craft paint, I've used Making Memories paint in the past. Now I've started collecting Martha Stewart's paint too. You dont have to have a heat gun. Usually by the time you walk away and do something else it will have dried.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tenant
In response to Mia1979

I so want to use paint too, but it makes me a little nervous! Guess i just need to play with it a bit

Resident
In response to PaperTulip

if you find it doesnt dry you could always use a blowdryer to dry it as well then you wouldnt have to worry about scortching the paint or the paper with the heat gun

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to must_love_paper

I just did a paint and ink workshop about a week ago. I had been using mists, but I did buy a heating tool. Also I discovered that you can do wonderful things with acrylic ink, for some reason that does not go well with me.
I also bought a craftsheet, which helps me blend in those different colors of ink.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to elsje2

I just started painting as well, and love the effects that it gives. You can buy the inexpensive acrylic paint at the craft store, and thin it down to your needs. I haven't experimented with spraying or splattering paint, just doing a few quick strokes on edges of LOs and pics.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to LesleyC

Just do it! I took the leap and am having so much fun.

I like stamping with acrylic paint more than ink, it's an awesome effect.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to kelseymel

What do you guys think of the mini misters? It has 2 parts: the mister & the other part that lets you splatter paint... thnx for all the amazing replies!

Edited by JLarsen747 on 07-02-12 02:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to ScrappinGirl162

Bump

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics