Page 6 of 15 
Username Post: July Budget Challenge - all Welcome anytime        (Topic#1577959)
tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to ShaylaCreations

Good for u sonja sticking with the breastfeeding pain. Proud of u!!!!! I remember those painful times and only breast fed ds1.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

LOL Courtney!! Oooo, hadn't thought of the warm salt water, though that does sound kinda painful... THankfully no bleeding (yet)...

Oh I'm so glad you gals could see the photos! The one of DH kissing him makes me cry EVERY time! Stupid hormones (yeah... that's totally it, right? )

I fully intend NOT to bust this month since we have to figure out how to pay for daycare in two and a half months. It is NOT cheap out here! Most places are more than our rent!! But we already ran the numbers and neither of us could offset the cost by staying home so once again we're stuck between a rock and a tight spot!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to GentlewoodFarms

So I may have had a little shopping spree after work today. There was a glitch in the system at Archivers and our employee discount was 40% off so we all had to take advantage of it before IT fixed it. But on the bright side I got the TH die from my wishlist and I didn't bust! Ribbon was also on sale, buy two get one free.

So the total spent was $40 for the die, four 6x6 paper packs, 6 spools of ribbon, cardstock and 12 photos.

I have a feeling I will bust this month as a little birdie told me that there are some great sales coming up at the end of the month.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

oo Sonja I finally got to look at your photos-how absolutely darling!!! He is so precious, and honestly they made me tear up a bit! Congrats mamma!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to MrsAnnieS

My friend said the warm salt water is what really helped her...LOL what the heck do I know though LOL

I can't call you Shamu anymore LOL...love your avi though it is just absolutely precious...

Daycare is absolutely insane...EVERYWHERE...I wish I lived closer I would sooo be your nanny LOL...that was honestly the best job I ever had!! DH and I have decided that I will stay home when I have a baby...we will have to sacrifice ALOT...and there will be no more gigundo scrappy budgets even if expo or CKC are coming to town LOL....we won't be going out to eat every night...but thats ok.. Sonja you will figure it out somehow..you and DH will figure out a way to pay for daycare and give your little boy everything he needs!!! Keep checking in I love getting the updates

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
So I may have had a little shopping spree after work today. There was a glitch in the system at Archivers and our employee discount was 40% off so we all had to take advantage of it before IT fixed it. But on the bright side I got the TH die from my wishlist and I didn't bust! Ribbon was also on sale, buy two get one free.

So the total spent was $40 for the die, four 6x6 paper packs, 6 spools of ribbon, cardstock and 12 photos.

I have a feeling I will bust this month as a little birdie told me that there are some great sales coming up at the end of the month.

Oh, dear.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to runzalot81

Oh dear is right. The sale better be before 7/31 as I'll be heading for Superior Nat'l forest to battle the deer and other critters to set up Casa Dinsmore 3.0.

Good news is that I haven't left the house in over 24 hours to shop. Bad news is that I didn't get as much done as I wanted to with DH visiting his brother. At least I did the laundry and posted pics!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I finally checked out the picture, Sonja, and they are sooooo sweet!!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to runzalot81

Thanks again gals! Glad you got to see those photos. I can't believe it'll be two weeks tomorrow! aaah time flies!

LOL, no you can't call me Shamu anymore Courtney! And I'm definitely going to have to try that warm salt water... I feel like I'm being bled dry!

Between breastfeeding, lack of sleep and zero appetite I've dropped a lot of the weight I gained. (Appetite has come back some though, I think it was the nerves of being home and a new mom!) Of course most of that was the baby and the water weight/IV fluids they pumped into me. I was able to put my wedding band on yesterday for the first time since February! And I finally saw below my belly button for the first time in about 6 months too! (Holy smokes, I'm Frankenbelly!! ) Once the doc gives me the all clear, I'm dying to take Carlo for walks around the neighborhood!!

Tina, how's the fight coming along? I'm thinking of you and hoping for a quick recovery!

Well g'nite ladies! Hope all is well with all of you!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Sonja, motherhood suits you. You look fabulous in your new avatar. Carlo is so very cute. Wish I could snuggle him. I love me some baby cuteness.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I agree - love the new avi Sonja! You will make things work my sweet little new mama friend!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I just wanna kiss those baby feet...I love baby feet LOL...i just think baby fingers and baby toes are the cutest things ever LOL...

Im sure your doing fantastic Sonja...Im sure the lack of sleep is tough...so glad your mom is there during the week to help out...that much be a huge relief...

Well off to get some work done, so I can continue to shop LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sonja love your new avi!!!
Try to rest when baby does. Housework can wait:)

I am doing ok. Food has no flavor but I make myself eat a few bites every few hours. I wake up feeling pretty good but go downhill as the day goes on. Early evening I start feeling better again. The port is very uncomfortable trying to sleep.

My scrappy friends have an all day roadtrip planned to hit A's and some smaller scrapbook stores on the 19th. I am looking forward to that.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Tina,

sounds like you are doing the right thing -eating a bit - it is so important to maintain your strength. Rest as you need to my friend and listen to your body.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Ditto that, Tina. LISTEN to your body and don't try to tell it what to do. Rest is nature's way of coping with pain, illness, and stress. USE that and get better!

Sonja - put me in the new avitar fan club. You look proud and he looks peaceful. Sleep when he does. Housework can wait for the next ten or twelve (or twenty) years. Believe me. Give things a lick and a promise, and remember that closed closet doors are your friends.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to GentlewoodFarms

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

wait Pat can I use that even thought I dont have children?? LMAO because i think closed closet doors need to be my friend LOL

Tina, glad you seem to be feeling ok...i know the ports are uncomfortable..just take care of yourself!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Yup the sale is gonna be good! I can't say much more than it will be a one day only thing...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to MrsAnnieS

we dont have one of those stores up here...thats ok I really dont need any more reason to spend money LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Okay, what sale and when, Courtney? My interest is piqued...

Awww thank you gals! Yep, I like that photo so far. My hair was actually done that day! LOL Actually I'm trying more to shower each day and, if I don't put makeup on, at least fix my hair some. It does help me feel more human a little!

Tina - Sounds like you're doing the right things with eating though nothing has flavor. That little trip with your scrappy friends will really help you take your mind of that port! Enjoy that day!!

Pat, I'll be taking up that advice after my mom leaves for sure! For now my mom has been here to help with all the housework. When they leave at the end of the month, things are going to go downhill a bit... LOL

Soooo.... I got another $10 gift cert from SOD today!! SO that's $30 extra burning a hole in my pocket! Does that count in my budget or can I add it to the total??

Page 6 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics