Welcome to the JULY 2012 Monthly Sketch Challenge!
Our wonderful hostess, Jami will be taking a hiatus from this challenge. In the meantime, I am thrilled and honored to be your temporary hostess. Please be gentle with me and my mistakes, because I am a hostessing virgin. I’m sure there will be many. Jami, I hope I can do you proud. Pop in whenever you wish, and you are welcome to take hostess dutuies back when you are ready.
This was the first challenge I signed up for when I joined SB.com . I had never used a sketch, but I thought it made total sense and looked like fun. It was a special challenge: complete a page each day for 10 days using the sketch provided. I completed each one and from then on, I was totally hooked on sketches! Your suggestions will also be welcomed.
To me, a sketch is like having a road map (old school gps system) to chart your course on a trip. It gives you a starting point and helps you organize those photos, papers and embellies. I don’t have to decide how the photos will fit on the page, some very talented person has already done that for me. My job is to use my creativity to pretty it all up!
In the words of Jami, “ This challenge is for anyone in need of a little creative jump start or an inspirational push to get them back to scrappin' & preserving those treasured memories...or… for those of you who, like me, have used sketches and know how valuable they can be & love them as much as I do!”
How this works:
Every SUNDAY during the month of July, I will post a new sketch for you to use (Monday doesn’t work for me). The first sketch will be posted July 1 and the last will be posted July 27th (for a total of 4 sketches). You will have UNTIL THE CLOSING DATE OF THE CHALLENGE, July 31, 2012, to complete, upload & share w/the rest of us!! You may complete as many or few of the sketches as you wish, in any order that you wish. One winner will be chosen, by poll, each week to receive a RAK from me.
Each WEDNESDAY, a BONUS sketch will be posted for your added scrappy pleasure. The first sketch will be posted on (or before) July 4th and the last will be posted July 25th. These sketches will need to be uploaded by the same deadline as the Sunday sketches. There are no prizes for Bonus Sketches.
Ready to Play? If so, here's how!
1. Reply to this topic & let us know you are playing this month.
2. Any size LO 6x6 and larger is welcome!
3. Digital LO's are also welcome.
4. Players may join at anytime during the month and DO NOT have to complete all of the sketches posted.
5. The Challenge begins July 1 and ends July 31.
6. You may only post one LO for each week. Once the LO is updated on page 1, it will be your final entry.
7. It is your responsibility to let me know if there are errors on page 1 and bring inaccuracies to my attention. I will do my best to keep it updated, but sometimes life gets in the way.
8. Players are expected to check in weekly. Even if you are not posting a LO that week, let us know you are still alive or that you will be gone for the week. It’s the polite thing to do.
9. Feel free to ask questions. Almost everyone here is willing to share and help if they are able. That’s part of what makes this challenge fun and helps us build relationships.
10. HAVE FUN!!!
~COMMENTS~ Everyone loves to get comments, but it is NOT a requirement of participation in this challenge & it is entirely up to each individual player to leave comments or not.
~Voting & Prizes~ The day after the challenge closes (Aug. 1, 2012), you will pm me your top three choices from each week’s sketch. Be sure to tell me which Sketch is yours and if you completed the “Twist.” The top three voter getters each week will be posted in a poll for that week. Each week’s winner will receive a small RAK from me. Bonus Sketches will not be voted on.
***~Public Embedding and Uploading to Challenge~***
1. Once your LO is uploaded to the gallery Go to your gallery and click on it.
2. Under small pic of LO check box for "Allow PUBLIC EMBEDDING"
3. Click "SUBMIT
NEXT: to Upload to the Challenge Thread...
1. First click on the LO you want to upload.
2. Scroll down to the "Share & Link" box on the left side of the page. Click the "Link/Embed image" option.
3. A Box will open up with a small pic of your LO. Where it says 'Embed This Image' select "IMG CODE" above the image.
4. RIGHT CKICK and COPY the code it gives you. (you can also change the size of the image if you desire.)
5. Go to Challenge
6. Go to any Reply Box and RIGHT CLICK and then PASTE the code.
~LET’S GET SCRAPPIN'!!~
Pam in TX
WEEK 1 SKETCH:
Our first sketch is from a talented, local artist (she lives right here on SB.com) Lisa, aka: Raining. Lisa has graciously given permission for us to stretch our talent muscles using her work. Thank you, Lisa!
Sketches by Lisa - Sketch 3 By Raining
~Twist: Use ribbon or fiber on your paper or digi LO.
Raining made a LO using her sketch, just for us! Thanks Lisa, we love your work!
Magic ***SCRAPS OF DARKNESS*** By Raining
You may view Raining’s amazing gallery here:
*ME at 20 By Claggy
1. Banana Split By FinallyMama
2. Destination Christmas By TexasMomOf4
3. V-J Night 08.15.45 By LesleyC
4. Special Day By Teresakay
5. Norfolk Botanical Entry for July Sketch Challenge Week 1 By Rowena
6. Week 1, July Monthly Sketch Challenge By Klweist
7. Senior Picture By Cheball
8. *Passport By Lookin4newideas
9. Little Miss Talent Zone **Scraputante** By Newtoscrapping2011
10. Someone Woke Up Grumpy By Under5feet
11. off we go, into the wild blue yonder By MelissaW
12. Page 11 - Susi turns 40 By PamStewart.Iowa
13. Sweet By Rahulsmom
14. ***GRADUATION-BELIEVE*** By CraftyTwin
15. The Sphinx of Eccles - July Monthly Sketch Week 1 By Ladybing Tammy
16. Just Strolling Along By Dkscrapper
17. Beach hat By Marcilb
18. ROME By Pam In TX
19. Beautiful in Blue By Dancinirish90
20. Chef's Table By Ncyankee
WEEK 2 SKETCH: This is by Julie Bonner at “52 Sketches 52 WEEKS.” Sketch #28
July 2012 MSC-Sketch #2 By Claggy
*Twist: Use a little (or a lot) of bling!!
1st B-Day By Claggy
1. so well loved By Twinlets Mama
2. wish: July Monochrome Night Sky By LesleyC
3. Kids say the darndest things By PamStewart.Iowa
4. Baby Girl By Teresakay
5. By the Lake By FinallyMama
6. Posing at the Zoo By MelissaW
7. 4th By Cheball
8. Dickens By TexasMomOf4
9. Field Day By Rowena
10. Laugh, Smile, Lots of Giggles By Klweist
11. Disney By Scrapperbee
12. GOOD STUFF By Under5feet
13. remember an Indiana Summer By Dancinirish90
14. Big Boy Bed By Marcilb
15. Baby's Busy Day By Ncyankee
16. Swing By GentlewoodFarms
17. Imperial War Museum - Fear - July Monthly Sketch Week 2 By Ladybing Tammy
18. Smile By Pam In TX
19. Family Visit to CA (Nov 1991) By Charcats7
20. christmas By YourScrapAttack
21. summer delight By Vincarash
22. Just Me By Dkscrapper
WEEK 3 SKETCH
This week's sketch comes to us from our very MelissaW. Thank you Mel!!!
12 x 12 sketch for 3x2 photos By MelissaW
~Twist-Journaling! Write about it baby!
Example: from Mel's own gallery.
halloween By MelissaW
You may see more of Mel's fabulousness in her gallery: http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...
1. Fall 2010 - July 2012 MSC Week 3 By LesleyC
2. PEACHY By Cheball
3. Tim and Rex By FinallyMama
4. Utter Determination By Twinlets Mama
5. I love America By Vincarash
6. reading room By Marcilb
7. BIG By Twinlets Mama
8. Chow Hound By GentlewoodFarms
9. the budgies By PamStewart.Iowa
10. Fun in the sun By Teresakay
11. Picnic By Scrapperbee
12. Imperial War Museum - 911 - July Monthly Sketch Week 3 By Ladybing Tammy
13. Biltmore By TexasMomOf4
14. mother's day roses By MelissaW
15. Look into my Eyes By Dkscrapper
16. Family Traditions By Klweist
17. Kaya By Dancinirish90
WEEK 4 SKETCH-by Heather Gibbs at cricutinspiredlayouts.blogspot.com
July 2012 MSC-WEEK 4 By Claggy
~TWIST~ Scraps of scrappiness. Pull out the scraps ladies and use scraps as much as you can. For you digi gals, no new items, use what you have in your digi stash.
1. Just Add Water - MSC July 2012 Week 4 By LesleyC
2. SWEET DREAMS By Sasload4
3. Talan is Born By Marcilb
4. Wish By Teresakay
5. Darrel 2012 By PamStewart.Iowa
6. IWMN - War Shapes Lives - July Monthly Sketch 4 By Ladybing Tammy
7. Mackinac Bridge By FinallyMama
8. Christmas in Gatlinburg By TexasMomOf4
9. ...the sky so high... By Twinlets Mama
10. True Devotion By Vincarash
11. July Uglies By Pam In TX
12. OK Turn it On! By Dkscrapper
13. Mother & Son By Charcats7
14. Airport Day 2012 By Klweist
15. Look at Me By Scrapperbee
16. Soakin' Up the Sun! By Dancinirish90
July MSC-Week 1-Bonus Sketch By Claggy
July MSC-Week 2 Bonus Sketch By Claggy
Sketch artist is Jana Eubanks
WEEK 3- This is a sketch from Twisted Sketches, circa 2009.
July MSC Week 3 Bonus Sketch By Claggy
WEEK 4 Bonus Sketch
This is a Pagemaps Sketch from July 2009
July MSC Week 4 Bonus Sketch By Claggy