Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: July *One Month At A Time* Challenge        (Topic#1577985)
laurink
Idol
laurink

Welcome to the "One Month At A Time" Challenge!

HAPPY CANADA DAY (JULY 1st) AND AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY (JULY 4th)!!

Every month we'll be working on scrapping photos from that particular month and every week we'll post a new series of challenges to use on your montly photos.

And now it's JULY!!! Unbelievable! July for me is all about picnics and summer BBQs, patriotic holidays and the smell of the grill, so let's bust out some summertime LOs! I hope everyone has some good warm weather summertime photos from July to work with!

This month, we're working with photos you've taken in JULY ONLY, it can be from any year, last year, this year, ten years ago - whatever! The pics just has to be from JULY.

Each week I'll post 4 things you need to include in your layout. Then we'll take the week to post our layouts (with our awesome July photos) and share some love and some work together!

You can post any week's LO at any point, just make sure you tell me which week your layout is for.

Sign-ups will be open all month, you can join at any time!

At the end, we'll do a vote for our favourite layout from the challenge and I'll send you a little something!

Sharing other LOs is also encouraged - let's inspire each other and get that scrap mojo working!

Any questions, just ask!

Edited by laurink on 06-29-12 02:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

The Players:

laurink
Pat
jadebrit
dancinirish90/Lisa
Looking4newIdeas/Sally
sarahmacnificent
senora_x

Edited by laurink on 07-11-12 03:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Weekly Challenges

This is where you can view the weekly challenges. The pages must be completed with JULY pictures, but they can be from anytime during the month. The only reason we're separating the weeks here is to see the challenges I give out for the layouts to have :).

The new challenges will always be posted by Sunday nights or Monday mornings at the latest!

*For those of you who are new to the challenge, I'm currently living in Europe so I'm 6-9hrs ahead of you guys, so if I take a little bit to get back to you or you see the challenges are being posted at 3am, that's why, lol!*

The Challenges per Week:

WEEK 1:

July 1st - July 7th
1. It’s Canada Day on July 1st and American Independence Day on July 4th!!! Feature the colours red and white on your layout – and for those who want to also include Blue for the US, do that too! Let’s get patriotic! That means these 2-3 should be prominent – they’re not the only colours allowed, but we really need to see that red, white, & blue (or for Canadians, you can do just red & white!)!
2. Use one of the following themes for your LO: Summertime, Picnics (It’s National Picnic Month by the way!), July 4th/Independence Day/July 1st Canada Day or Recreations/Sports
3. Lift a favourite – find one of your favourite Los by another scrapper on sb.com and lift it for this weeks challenge!
4. Use at least two photos on your LO – this is a hard one for me, I’m totally a one-photo per page-person!

WEEK 2:
July 8th - July 14th
1. July 12th is paper bag day - let's use a piece of paper bag (or a whole one, or a paper sandwich bag, whatever!) on your LO this week!
2. We have ridiculous weather over here, 30 degrees (Celcius), then raining, then sunny and hot, then raining! Ack! Use something weather related or a picture with that good sunny weather in it!
3. Use some form of distressing
4. Use something old and something new from your stash!

WEEK 3:
July 15th - July 21st
1.July 16th is the day the sewing machine was patented - so use some machine stitching on your LO! If you don't have a sewing machine, you can also hand stitch.
2. Use the colours yellow, green and white to bring in that natural summer colour palette!
3. Use at least 4 things from your stash that are more than 6 months old.
4. Include the word "summer" in your title!

WEEK 4:
July 22nd - July 31st
1. Use at least one very summer themed patterned paper on your LO this week! (I have a paper with ice cream cones and also one with lemon slices, those would both qualify)
2. On July 23rd in 1904 the ice cream cone was introduced! So use some kind of summer food embellishment (it has to be an embellishment of some kind, but it can be self-made!) Examples would be a hot dog, bbq food, ice cream, popsicles, anything summer food-ish!
3. Your photo must include you or a family member (no pets or landscape pictures this week!). If you use more than one photo, the second photo can be anything - just one photo has to meet this requirement!
4. Let's see that handwritten journaling, write at least 30 words in your own handwriting about the who what when where's of this LO! It can be on the back or hidden journaling, this also works.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

The Completed LOs:

If anyone notices their LO has not been posted to the front page, please just let me know, I seem to sometimes miss them but of course I'll do my best not to!

WEEK 1:

Baseball By Faithscrapper

American Girl By Dancinirish90

The Fourth of July By Senora_x

hello there handsome By Jadebrit

4th of July By Teresakay

Fun By Njr007

Canadian Checklist By Laurink

LN - 4th July 2012 By LelaScraps-n-Stamps

WEEK 2:

First Ride By GentlewoodFarms

July, Project Life By Faithscrapper

oh boy By Jadebrit

Soakin' Up the Sun! By Dancinirish90

LN - Bless this Nest By LelaScraps-n-Stamps

WEEK 3:

remember an Indiana Summer By Dancinirish90

WEEK 4:

Fun in the sun By Teresakay

Lake County Fair By Dancinirish90

delightful ice cream By Jadebrit

Edited by laurink on 07-31-12 03:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

Okay, everyone ready for July!? I have to dig out all my awesome Canada Day photos!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to laurink

And I'm posting Week 1 right now because on Sunday it's the final game of the Eurocup (Soccer) in Europe and also the day after my final German exam so I might not be online!!

WEEK 1:
July 1st - July 7th

1. It’s Canada Day on July 1st and American Independence Day on July 4th!!! Feature the colours red and white on your layout – and for those who want to also include Blue for the US, do that too! Let’s get patriotic! That means these 2-3 should be prominent – they’re not the only colours allowed, but we really need to see that red, white, & blue (or for Canadians, you can do just red & white!)!
2. Use one of the following themes for your LO: Summertime, Picnics (It’s National Picnic Month by the way!), July 4th/Independence Day/July 1st Canada Day or Recreations/Sports
3. Lift a favourite – find one of your favourite Los by another scrapper on sb.com and lift it for this weeks challenge!
4. Use at least two photos on your LO – this is a hard one for me, I’m totally a one-photo per page-person!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to laurink

Put me on the list! I love this challenge!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Thanks Pat! Always happy to have you here!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

i'm in!

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

Yay Jade! I promise not to forget to post week 4 this time, lol!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

yay!! I have been in a scrapping mood and i love how this challenge gets me motivated! And I might be getting a table to scrap on tmw! I am going to go look at it and if i like it i'm gonna get it! I have been scrapping on my coffee table which isn't that bad but I have been sitting on westin's chair which is really uncomfortable lol

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to jadebrit

Awesome news! I've managed to completely overwhelm my desk with so many things there isn't even room to scrap right now! I think I really need to clean it up! Yeesh.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to laurink

Yes. As soon as I'm all caught up here, my scrap desk is my project of the day. And the next day. And the day after that...

Then I might be about ready to clean it up.

I'm telling you. It's a DISASTER. I should photo it so we can all play "Where's Waldo?"

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to GentlewoodFarms

you should take a pic Pat so we all wont feel so bad about our space being a mess as well lol
Well I now have a scrap table so let the scrapping begin!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jadebrit

I'm in again!!

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to Lookin4newideas

I'm here to try again - I'm hoping my July photos will be more cooperative than my June ones were.

laurink
Idol
laurink
In response to dancinirish90

Lisa I know the feeling, even though I invented the challenge I'm a little frustrated that I have to look for just July pictures, lol! Sometimes I'm working on a LO and I'm like....but this picture I took in September fits wayyyy better! Hahaha. I think I have some July pics though, time to get them printed!

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to laurink

I need to dig through my july pics and see if anything good is in there lol

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jadebrit

I found a LO on pinterest that i like that is from sb.com but I do not know the artist, can I use that LO to scraplift?

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to laurink

• laurink Said:
Lisa I know the feeling, even though I invented the challenge I'm a little frustrated that I have to look for just July pictures, lol! Sometimes I'm working on a LO and I'm like....but this picture I took in September fits wayyyy better! Hahaha. I think I have some July pics though, time to get them printed!

Wait. We're supposed to use JULY photos?

Just kidding. I knew that. Really!

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics