Page 1 of 15 
Username Post: Use Your Scraps- everyone is welcome- join in any time!        (Topic#1578005)
Twinlets Mama
Diva
Twinlets Mama

Hi! the idea for this challenge was born out of a desire to help use up the scraps I've been hanging on to for a long time. Of course, i've been trying to use them here and there on lo's, but rather than watching the pile dwindle, its still growing!

This is a very simple challenge. This challenge is a challenge in itself: to use up your scraps- on every project you make- for the entire month. There's three prerequisites to this challenge:

1) use your scraps on every project you complete. The scraps don't have to be paper, they can be left over add-ons from a kit, extra sticker letters that need to be used up, bits of material from other projects...use your imagination! The project can be anything- OTP, layout, card, mini...the list goes on...
2) create a link to this page of your finished project(s), so we can admire your creativity and the work you put into your projects, and
3) leave comments on the finished masterpieces of the participants involved; in order to get love, you've got to give it first!

Last, but not least, have fun!

Participants:

1) Twinlets Mama {Alison}
2) Marcilb {Marci}
3) Nannyfeb {Barbara}
4) Scrappitydee {DaLynn}
5) Heather N
6) charcats7 (Char)
7) YourScrapAttack
8. erin reed- ekr 1432
9) grandma_sue
10) renata moni
11) Jen E
12) jaspernonyx {Kim}
13) kdinsmore
14) Mia1979

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Twinlets Mama

I wish I could do this challenge, because I love the heart of it.

Unfortunately (?) I work in a scrapbook store, and I have to feature new product on six to seven projects a month. I just can't commit to using scraps on EVERY project.

:-(

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I am in...

Twinlets Mama
Diva
Twinlets Mama
In response to MarciLB

Yay welcome back Marci!

Twinlets Mama
Diva
Twinlets Mama

I'm just wondering- should this just remain an on going challenge, without posting every month, or keep it as is? Your input would be great!

Nannyfeb
Guru
Nannyfeb

I'm in

Nannyfeb
Guru
Nannyfeb
In response to Nannyfeb

Scraps------ All of the letters
Celebrate the RED_WHITE & BLUE By Nannyfeb

Heather N
Veteran
Heather N
In response to Nannyfeb

I am in.

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB

I am not sure what you mean Ali....

Scraps Used:....PP paper for the fan border, ribbon out of scraps ribbon jar for small pieces

just like an apple By Marcilb

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

Scraps used: white journaling and white for cricut cut for chair and red paper for the cricut cut banner...

H2O Boy By Marcilb

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to MarciLB

Definitely in!

You are on a roll lately Marci!

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to scrappitydee

Every page? wow - now that's a challenge!
Good luck ladies. I've already made a layout this month without a scrap on it so I'm out but I love the heart of the challenge

Twinlets Mama
Diva
Twinlets Mama
In response to AllAmy

Amy- that doesn't matter! Jump on in whenever you want!!

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB

Scraps Used:...blue paper for lower left banner, used the end of a sheet of bling...a few remaining...

Coming soon! By Marcilb

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to MarciLB

Scraps Used:black paper used to cut flourishes Yellow circle for year...

Charming Children By Marcilb

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to MarciLB

of course I'm in - I always try to use at least 1 scrap on every page

CO was a good trip- sad- but good. My FIL doesn't have much time left I think. I am expecting our next trip to be the funeral. Cancer is evil.

Twinlets Mama
Diva
Twinlets Mama
In response to charcats7

Oh Char, I'm so sorry! Is he in much pain?

Glad to see you back!!

Twinlets Mama
Diva
Twinlets Mama

doo

one By Twinlets Mama

Scraps--red card stock, the butterflies (were cut for another project, just not used on it!!), journalling spot, and pp underneath the journalling spot. Oh, and also the yellow journalling strips

Nannyfeb
Guru
Nannyfeb

This was a card challenge for scrappy patch
Everything is scraps except the 2 flowers and the white card stock Happy Birthday to You By Nannyfeb

Edited by Nannyfeb on 07-03-12 12:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

• Twinlets Mama Said:
Oh Char, I'm so sorry! Is he in much pain?

Glad to see you back!!

Yes- he is in pain- they went to a Dr appt on Friday- doc said he could now feel the cancer when pressing slightly on his abdomen. Dr asked if he wanted quality or quantity- my FIL chose quality & so they cut his chemo in half. It's only been a couple months since they detected it- they wouldn't give an estimate of time- this cancer is rare- they just don't know. But I think he feels he's lost this battle. He spent most of our visit over 5 days sleeping. The longest he was up at any one time was an hour I think. He's an amazing man & has conquered so much over his 81 years. He joined the Marines at 16- turned 17 while deployed to China. Joined the Army after that and deployed to Korea as an infantry scout- he was 1 out of 200 of an original 1000 men in the BN he went with. After that he joined the Air Force. He's fought several serious illnesses, several heart surgeries, and now this. On Saturday after a BBQ where all my DH's siblings & their families came- as they were leaving, my FIL turned to my DH and in a low voice said "take care of your mother" and then went and laid down. He'd always told my DH he should be an officer- well he knows Cary made Warrant & even tho he didn't say it- I know he's proud of him. The only one of his 4 kids to go into the Military. And even tho we are out of state- we are the most capable to help out when they need us. Crazy. Maybe it's a good thing I'm an only child as I can't stand my DH's sisters. I hate dealing with them & their petty quarrels between them.

Anyway- enough of that- this Saturday is SCRAP Day at my house & I'm planning on getting some scrapping of scraps done!!!

Page 1 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics