Page 2 of 32 
Username Post: July Photo Fun        (Topic#1578027)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Greenacres

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to desilu3131

Lori, I am not sure in Daisy's case (being so young) but I think if an animal is surrendered to the shelter with a name they keep that name. I guess if the animal does not have a name the shelter gives them one. It makes it more personal if the animal has a name and the shelter can get them use to it. Not to mention, for publicity to try and adopt it out.
Heading to bed. Good Night Ladies!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning! Hi Rhonda! Have a safe flight Missa.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Anna C

Good Morning! So proud of my little Daisy! She slept almost all night in her room (crate) w/o crying! And when she did cry she settled back down soon when I told her to be good. AND she did her business outside this morning! She is so smart! She is learning when I snap my fingers and shake my finger back and forth that it means "NO"! I am still saying "no" but, I think soon I will be able to just use hand signals!
Ok, now that I have probably bored y'all to tears, I need to finish getting ready for church. Today would have been Mama's 91 st birthday. I miss her so much! Have a blessed day and I will see y'all later.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to 2xblessed

Good morning!!!!!

Great news Carolyn....I look forward to hearing more about Daisy. Your happiness makes me happy too!!!!!! I know it's a tough day for you; just hold onto those wonderful memories of your mama!!!!

I was outside and the hibiscus that was blown over and looked totally dead and dried out came back to life after a little coaxing, watering, and a good talking to!!!!!!

My first pic of the month.....
POD 1 ~ Hibiscus By Linnny

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Good Morning!

Carolyn....Good news on Daisy!

under5feet
Diva
under5feet

Sounds like fun! I want to give it a try! Corky

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to under5feet

Welcome Corky!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

JCI... Its sweltering here, as I know it is many other places too. Yuck!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Heather4859

JCI

CAROLYN - Glad that Daisy and yourself are getting along well together, and she's responding well to training. BRAVO to you both!!!
Even though your Mama is no longer with you, I'm sure she left you with a treasure trove of memories to look back on!!!

LINNNY - After giving your plant a 'talking to' did it use it's manners and say "Yes, Mam, I promise I won't look dead again."

CORKY - Welcome and enjoy the group!

HEATHER - I feel for you ladies and the high temps that you don't normally get. What is a normal Summer high for your region? Where do you live?

BBL

CBTN

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to sasload4

Congrats Anna for taking June's favorite photo!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Heather....same here! I do hear thunder to the south of me. Looks like we "could" get a drop or two. They forecasted pop ups this afternoon.

DH got the light up in my office closet today. I pulled into Menards on our way to the store.....he had no choice but to get one, lol! Now trying to motivate myself to put everything back in. I have a hat almost done and am midway in an audio book and I just want to sit here. For those that red Shades of Grey, I found a book from the library (finally figured out how to download one from their online site) that is "so far" almost the exact same. I wonder which was written first? Oh, it's called Wicked Ties.

Off to try to get something done work wise....have the MIL tomorrow. Her going into the nursing home fell through for this month. We were told they were holding a bed for her and when we inquired there was no bed. Now we are waiting for August to try to get things done.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Oh Anna....I'll get your goodies out soon. I think I must have your addy memorized by now, lol!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Heather4859

Hi

My first photo for July:

POD#1 - Mushroom Land By Lenethren

I have a bunny problem. Our bunny Frankie use to hump our legs like a dog. The vet figured it would stop after getting him fixed. It did help some but it wasn`t until I put him in with our other male rabbit Pippie that he stopped. He didn`t attack Pippie either, he just stopped. That was years ago. Sadly, Pippie passed away over a week ago. I was worried that Frankie might get depressed but what he has done is go back to his ways of trying to hump our legs. I admit I find it hilarious to watch my dd get chased around our back yard by a rabbit intent on humping her leg! However, I`d like to help the bunny feel better so he will stop. I think he was the boss in his relationship with Pip but now that Pip is gone he is trying to show he is the boss of his human herd. I don`t want to get him another rabbit. I tried last year to put him with my guinea pigs and he nearly smothered one to death by accident when snuggling because he is so much bigger, so thats a no. Any ideas?

Edited by Lenethren on 07-01-12 07:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Lenethren

Evening all! We are home... and tired, very, very tired! But it was a hoot of a weekend.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Glad to hear you had a good time Krista!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Welcome Corky

Lori I hope you have a good day with your MIL tomorrow. I am sorry to hear about the nursing home not working out.

Carolyn I am glad you had a good first night with Daisy.

Dyana I have no idea of how to stop a rabbit from leg humping. I hope he feels better soon.

Krista Im glad it was a good weekend I can't wait to see the pictures.

Today was a great day of traveling with the little one. Even though I woke her up at 3:30 this morning she was a champ and didn't fuss or fight at all. She took a really short nap on the plane and was asleep at 8:30 Michigan time.

Now it's 10:00 here and everyone is asleep so I'm going to try to get caught up with my PS 366.

Tomorrow we are hitting the trail early then heading to the beach, a high tomorrow of only 87. Ahhh this is the life.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Missa...G sounds like trooper! I believe I'd be a grumpy mess!

Thinking of heading to bed. DMIL will be here at 7 in the morn!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

CONGRATULATIONS ANNA!!!!!

Hey Sandra, wish my kiddos listened to me as well as my hibiscus seem to!!!!!

Night nite ladies....

Marilee55
Idol
Marilee55
In response to Linnny

I want in this month. Hope everything is not so hectic this month.

Congrat's Anna

Page 2 of 32 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics