Page 18 of 21 
Username Post: July New Layouts        (Topic#1578049)
cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Anna - I really loved that card. I hope your dh enjoys it if you decide to give it to him.

Cathe - I downloaded some old photos that were on my phone and thought it would be a good idea to digi scrap those. They don't usually print out all that well.

I went to Michaels to get my adhesive and guess what I found in dollar bins? Paula Deen has paper packs and tag pads to match. Here is a picture of them. I couldn't resist getting one of each.

Paula Deen By Cdjohnson

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

oh no Anna. Hope you can celebrate your anniversary.

Satcey, glad DH got that stone out. Gor the office finished and now on to the master. It has high ceilings so we had to get a folding ladder. We have an extension and a step stiil but no folding ladder. They went to walmart and got one last night. The room is taped and tarped and ready to go. So I gotta go! bye

will CU later.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to rockmom

Hi, everyone:

JCI real quick to wish everyone a great day!

BBL to catch up on chat and lovins.

Kim

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to jaspernonyx

Stacey, it hurts just thinking of passing a stone like that!! OOWWWW!

Anna, Happy Anniversary! Hope you get to celebrate a little or maybe in a day or two when you both feel better.

Cheryl, little Maddie has grown!!! She's adorable & I bet you wish you could keep her at this age too! Drives me crazy I don't have any babies left!

Denise, happy painting! I'll be doing some of that soon too.

The installers just left and now we have the mirror & shower door. all that is left is for dh to mount the towel rack & 1 shower nozzle holder. I'm so glad it is done for more reasons than I can say!!!

Off to the doctor's --every have a great day!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to Abby0317

well i had to pull out my old computer that take forever to load my new one crash from trying to redo window 7 taken it to frys friday for repair
been trying to leave some love on all the new layout and cards but this computer is so slow got my taste buds back and really happy about that!!update on the new house on my street all 7 are ready just need peoples who can afford thems i think i will start back scrappin next month when school start back so i can scrap in peace,
poor mandi when it rain it pour
this texas heat is burning everything that outside my trees look like they are dead just hope my pear tree come back
miss everyone

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to tealbrand

Mel - sorry about your computer problems. I will be glad when you can check in more. Glad you finally got your taste for things back.

Anna - Happy Anniversary

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to cdjohnson

Anna--Doctor says he's seen many cases here of whooping cough. He treats them but says that to formally diagnose (for the stats) takes a really awful tube down the throat or something. Anyway, I described my symptoms & length and he's pretty sure I had it. What he did was give me a booster shot called tdap---tetnus, diptheria, pertussis and I don't know what the "a" is for. Maybe antibodies?
Anyway there's some info on WebMD or google it.

BBL...

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Abby0317

Hello, ladies:

It was another triple-digit day in Nebraska today! My brother lives in Seattle, and he said they have had exactly 50 MINUTES over 80 degrees the whole year! He had to call and rub that in! We are talking about me taking a short trip to Washington to visit. I haven't seen my brother since Christmas 2003! The downer is that he pretty much forbids people taking pictures of him--I asked him if I could have one Pretty Please. This sucks because one of the very first scrapbooks I made was about my brother, but, stupidly, I used originals and did not make copies! So now I have almost no pics of him!

Hope you had a great anniversary, Anna!

Mel: I am so afraid of computers, thinking I will crash them or something. I absolutely refuse to get on Mark's dad's computer: one time, I am not kidding, something popped up asking me if I wanted to do this or that, but if i did, the computer may crash!

Cathe: I understand your concern about Shingles. Every time I go to Walgreen's and see their Shingles vaccination signs, I think I should do it. But I never do. Also, I need to get a tetanus shot. I only think of it when I do things like cutting my finger on the top of a can or something. I wake up in the morning and think, "well, my hand is not like a balloon--gonna be OK."

Terry: glad your remodeling is going nicely!

Denise: Cool that the kids are homeowners. My mom took 50K out of her 401K and paid cash for a house this past spring. I helped her move, and I made her a scrapbook of the move and her new house. I got a picture of the real estae lady handing her the keys! That's a cool pic to get!

Cheryl: I love the Paula Deen stuff you got! I don't have a Michael's nearby. I do, however, have Target, Walmart and Tuesday Morning within walking distance. If I don't get stuff at these places, I buy online. Mark is bored to death when I ask him to take me to a craft store! I don't want to jerk his chain and make him take me all over town (remember I do not drive). Yeah, I have to pay shipping, but Mark's time is worth something. Plus, I usually get stuff from Amazon (because I have a charge card there!!), and they have free shipping on qualified orders over $25. The 'qualified" part is the trick: not everything qualifies for the free shipping.

Donna: i know this is a little late, but I can't believe how expensive those donuts were! When I met Mark in 1990, he was the owner of a donut shop. I came in to apply for a job, and the rest is history. We went out of business. Mostly, we had old guys who came in every morning to chat. they would usually just get coffee. Well, that's fine, and we loved those old guys, but they took up all of the parking in the parking lot! Mark got started in the business with some "seed money" from his parents. We were not doing well, and thought if we moved closer to the ISU campus, we could make it. We needed more money to make it work, but they said that would be throwing good money after bad. We went in at 2am every morning,and we left around 5pm. I'll never forget we got calls from our banker almost every day, asking if we were going to make a deposit. Part of the reason Mark's parents wouldn't give us the money (I say 'we' and 'us' b/c that is how it was. I was his partner, and when Mark moved in with me--right across the street from the shop--I quit taking regular pay), well, anyway they wouldn't give us money b/c they disapproved of Mark's "sleeping with the help." Mark's family has money, and I am a poor girl. I was labelled a "gold digger" right away. Well, anyway, when we were going to work at 2am, other people our age (he was 25 and I was 19) were just coming home from a night on the town! But, ya know, if we could have sold donuts at the prices you saw...

Well, I am very chatty tonight. Got one LO done today, but I did not finish it til after dark, so I will take a pic of it in daylight. I scrapped a pic of Mark and me this past January. We had a 64 degree day! We cooked out, and i have pics of our food and stuff, but decided today to just use the one of us standing together, with a pile of snow in the background.

hello to Stacey and anyone else I may have missed.

Gotta go catch up on gallery lovins!

Kim

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to jaspernonyx

Morning Y'all.

We're up watching the Olympics this morning, lots of soccer. Go TEAM USA!

After dropping Henry off at camp grandma for a few days of reading therapy, Nico & I are heading over to St. Augustine for quick holiday.

Kim - I can't remember a day below 80deg! I would love to visit washington state.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to carbphrek

Hello, all:

Stacey: have fun watching the Olympics. My favorite sports are gymnastics and figure skating.

Just stopping my to wish everyone a good morning!

DOO.

Kim
64 degrees in January By Jaspernonyx

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to carbphrek

Good morning!

I did some reading about the whooping cough. I certainly have a lot of the symptons. Today is the last day of my meds so gonna see what happens.

Have a great day ladies!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Anna C

URG, so sore. The master bedroom has very tall ceiling and I am so sore from reaching above my head. I had to stand on the ladder on my tiptoes to reaach the wall/ceiling edges. It is finished and cleaned up. Waiting for them to come measure for blinds. Home Depot will measure and install the whole house for %118. Not a bad price.

Have a fun/productive day everyone.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to rockmom

Denise, I also have a 12' peaked ceiling and I hate painting that wall. I am not good on ladders since I fell off one. Be Careful!!!

Anna, Hope the meds did their trick and you'll be ok. He also said he's been seeing more & more cases of walking pneumonia. Strange!

Kim, as I"m sitting here in my office looking out the window to lt grey skies & 59 degree weather, I could not go back to places that have 3 digit temps. I'm is SW WA just above Portland OR. We've had 3 days that reached 90 but I swear right now it looks & feels like Feb.

Happy days the bathroom is now done...I need to move us in, hang towel rods & we are good!

Off to work...have a great day and hi to all!!!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Abby0317

Mel so glad the taste buds are back. Hope you get your computer fixed so you can chat again.

Kim, our neighbor across the street owned a bakery. He'd leave for work about 3 am. It is a hard business to run I think.

Anna I hope you are getting better...and your dh too. Maybe by this weekend you can celebrate your anniversary...Happy anniversary a day late.

Terry glad the bathroom is done. How nice.

Hi to all.

Stacey hope you had fun in St. Augustine. That is one place I'd like to visit someday.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to scrappin 2

Just getting home from work and checking in. It is RAINING!!! We have been in the 90s and 100s for weeks now. I work again tomorrow and will check in then. Bye!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Hiya!

Took several loads of the kids things over today. tonight we took their dining room set and all the pantry items we got them. Watered their yard half way, need to finish that tomorrow and take several more laods of things too. My living room is looking more like mine everyday. It will be bitter sweet to have my house back and no kids.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Hi everyone. Loaded a layout I just did and wondered why I was so tired and looked at the time..OMG...I'll catch up tomorrow. nighty night...y'all are probably in bed!

Here's one I did tonight while watching X-Men First Class.
Punkins By Dollscrap

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to dollscrap

Good morning!

I am so far behind I don't think I'll ever get caught up

My MIL goes in for surgery in 2 weeks. She has benign tumors that have to come out. My SIL is coming down to stay with her for a week since hubby and I have to work

Lets see...where do I even start? Denise-congrats on the kids getting a house!

Anna-I hope you feel better soon! Happy belated Anniversary

Kim-yeah...the donuts were about $3.00 each. Worth every penny though. They are made with fresh, all natural ingredients and when they run out they are done for the day. You won't get any stale donuts from them! I woldn't buy them on a regular basis due to the price but once in a while is just fine. YUM....soooo good lol

Welcome back Mel! Happy Birthday! Sorry about your computer

Stacey-glad to hear that stone finally came out. Sounds very painful. I don't like pain!

What a score Cheryl-finding those pp's in the dollar bin. I've been so good on my scrapfast...except for that one trip to J's (with a giftcard) I haven't purchased anything since May 24th

Congrats on cleaning out your fridge Cathe lol Such a chore but love it when its done. Now you're making me want to clean out my junk drawers!

Poor Mandi-you really have your hands full

Hi hi Katy, Jeannie, Ashley and Terry!

I think that covers everyone...if I forgot anyone I'm so sorry! Time to finish cleaning then get ready for work. Have a great Friday!!

tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to DittoBabyGirl

congrats denise on the kids new home that awesome!
congrats on a belate anniversary anna and hope you feel better soon!i was sick a whole 3 month before it really hit me still feel funny but i am gettin better
had bad dreams about all the madness it not guns or the world just crazy peoples,
my chris went to a party a couple of month ago and some nuts shot up the party and kill a girl and wounded a couple,he just gettin where he want to go out again
hi to all cheryl/katy/jeannie/terry /ashly/stacey/CATHE
i known i miss someone think i going to get a 3 setter swing if i can find one in ocean blue or white for my bdayand seafood for dinner YUM

Edited by tealbrand on 07-27-12 04:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to tealbrand

Good morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!!! Glad to see you back with us.

Hello to everyone else. BBL!

Edited by Anna C on 07-27-12 05:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 18 of 21 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics