Page 20 of 21 
Username Post: July New Layouts        (Topic#1578049)
cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

JCI, guess everyone is busy or watching the Olympics.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cdjohnson

I watched part of womens soccer and the woman's basketball against Croatia...then poor patient hubby wanted the tv...then I went outside to read and fell asleep...and then I cleaned up the kitchen and now I am here and still haven't scrapped.
I'm reading Gone Girl now..about a missing wife told from the husbands and the missing wife's point of view. Reese Witherspoon bought the rights and is going to produce the movie....the rights went for 7 figures....I think I will write a novel..a mystery novel...with scrappers..everyone needs to tell me who they want to be in the book.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to dollscrap

we ski By Scrapkaty

I did another one!! I'm on a roll...not really...this is probably it...for now...til the next one...which my sis challenged me to do....

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

Hey sis, during the women's soccer game, (I assume you were watching the USA game) did you see the girl with the short blonde hair (#15) that got the first goal? That's Megan Rapinoe, Jordan's buddy and former teammate.

DH and I are putting up the gazebo on the back deck... What a job! I'm tired sitting here watching him! It's hard work! Whew!

Guess I'd best go REALLY help him!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

That's the reason I watched the game..they did great.
You're funny watching Lloyd work...tiring.

I finished one too....the thing that took the longest was finding pps...I really don't have that much blue blue. Still only took an hour....speedy for this pokey scrapper.
Baby Girl By Dollscrap

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

Never did get around to scrapping maybe tomorrow evening. Ryan was here til 4 then I grilled chicken breasts I had marinated in mango/chipotle marinade then got involved watching a movie with dh. After the movie, we decided to go to Sonic for ice cream and just now getting back.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to cdjohnson

Morning!

For you DWTS fans, what do you think of the fall line up? I believe there are six returniing champs! Oh what a season it is going to be!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Good morning!! Hope everyone has a blessed Snday. I will be back later. My long time friend is in town today and we are planning on getting together. It was a surprise for her family. She hasn't seen them in 3 1/2 years and drove down to surprise them all.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, have a wonderful day with your friend. What a nice surprise for her family!
Anna, I saw the line up for DWTS the other day... still wondering about a couple of the "all stars"... I do have several favorites though!
Jeannie, the blue blue you chose for that layout is perfect! And being my 3 dd's were not much of girly girls.... I don't have much pink pink papers!
I was up til midnight watching the Olympics last night so,
I'm going to go enjoy my coffee out on the back deck.....it's supposed to get HOT this week....
Hi to everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday...

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Scrapkaty

Anna I'm looking forward to DWTS...I only just got into it in the last 3 seasons so I look forward to seeing former champs and stars.

I just redid my Shop layout from a couple weeks ago and re posted it...still don't love it but like it better now..the color is right.

Have a fun day Cheryl...nice to get together with old friends.

Have a great weekend everyone.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to dollscrap

I had a wonderful time seeing my friend today. Still haven't gotten around to scrapping yet but hopefully I am going to remedy that here shortly. Haven't decided if I am going to do digi or paper.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to cdjohnson

Hi, everyone!

We just got back from visiting my mom. We cooked out yesterday--had Iowa-cut pork chops and sweet corn right off the cob! We did it on a charcoal grill. I think the taste of using charcoal can't be beat! To give you an idea of how thick these chops were, mom bought 3 pounds of pork, and the package only had THREE CHOPS. It was fun, but we battled some rain. And, Mark was in charge of the grilling, but mom and i took over when mom's neighbor invited Mark over to check out his garage (and Mark was gone for over an hour). Well, mom and I were sitting outside, enjoying the break from the heat--and engaging in "chic talk." We didn't notice that the temp of the grill had gone way down...thankfully, the chops were already done.

Cheryl: How nice that you got to see your friend!

Scrapkaty: I see you really love your morning coffee on your deck! I would be doing the same thing if Mark and I had our own house.

The problem I was having with whether or not to use a blurry picture has been solved! My mom had many more of these pics in one of her photo albums. In fact, she let me go through all of her photo albums and take what I want! Yay!

My mom has a friend who does the neatest thing for a living: she raises butterflies. For $100, people can get a dozen butterflies to release at weddings and funerals! I could not stop talking about how cool I think that is! I want butterflies released at my wedding and funeral!

A couple of weeks ago, I put the finsihing touches on an album for my cousin and my aunt. Last Monday, I had a really nice letter from my aunt, telling me how much she loves the album. I did not have my cousin's address, so I just sent hers to her mom's house. she finally got to see it today. She is so excited about it! That makes me feel good. My cousin's book was a family heritage book, and there are pics in my gallery. When my grandma died in Feb, my other aunt displayed at the funeral the heritage album I had made for my grandma (this aunt had lived with grandma for over 20 years). This was flattering! Well, grandma's rule was that whoever gave her something should be the one to say waht happened to it. I had intended that album to go to my cousin. But, after the service, my other aunt picked up the book and took it to her car! I didn't know what to do, especially since my cousin said she definately wanted the album. So I just made a new one for my cousin (I had planned to make the new one for the aunt that took grandma's book). My cousin has the benefit of getting a better book, since I get better and my style develops more with each book I make. well, so that situation is taken care of. And both my aunt and my cousin love their new books.

Off to play with the pictures I came home with today! some of them i haven't seen in 30+ years!

Hope everyone has a great week!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to jaspernonyx

I got a digi layout done for the challenge on the Gran's thread but it will NOT load. I have tried 3 times already.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to cdjohnson

Good morning!

Thanks for all the well wishes for my MIL. Her surgery is next Tuesday. My SIL is coming in for a week to help care for her

I'm so sorry I got sooo far behind. I made it back to page 16 to leave love...probably won't have time to get more than that in

Jeannie-congrats to Roni on the new job. Bath balls-yay! They have this awesome store at Disney that sells them in all different fragrances...they look delicious lol. About your book...I want to be the rich one who doesn't have to work, who owns a world famous scrappy store that people from all over the world flock to to admire my work. Or a wildlife/nature photographer who travels the world to capture amazing shots just for fun

Katy-can't wait to see your gazebo! I bet its gorgeous!

What a nice suprise to meet up with an old friend-glad you had fun Cheryl

Those pork chops sound yummy Kim! I agree...there is nothing like a bar-b-que. I love grilled corn. Love grilled zucchini too. Heck-anything tastes better when its grilled!

Well I'm outta here...we are going to the beach!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Good morning!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

Not too many checking in. Summer is a busy time. Just hope Mel is on the mend. I imagine Mandi is so busy that she doesn't have a moment to go near a computer.

Donna I'd love to go to a beach, can I come? I like your choices for careers. I love the idea of owning a scrap store, but then one would be so busy they couldn't scrap. That is why the one I love in Baraboo Wi. is closing. the owner says she wants more time with her family. Her dh took 2 vacations without her.

Cheryl how nice that you could see your friend.

Anna are you getting better?

Kim your visit to Mark's mom's sounded like fun.

One thing I've learned about funerals and pictures......something always happens, either the wrong person takes them, or they get lost, so don't send ones you really like!!! My poor daughter in law had an awful time trying to track down pictures after her Dad's funeral.

Better go get something done. Happy scrapping!

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to scrappin 2

Morning ladies...busy busy weekend & I need to get caught up. We had DGS#1 here (he's 15, 6'3") and he is a blast to be around. We took him out to the sand castle competition. It was fun but for us its a 2 hr drive so we didn't see the finished products. I went & had my hearing aids adjusted after not wearing them for 3 yrs. I hate all the sound!!! Even the clicking of my keyboard is different and annoying!
I will get August up sometime today. Cannot believe it's that time already!

Donna--I want to be the world traveling photographer too. You do wild life and I'll do people! Have fun at the beach!!
Jeannie--congrats to Roni! Bath bombs and stuff like that are really cool. Hopefully since she brought home pastries she'll bring home trial samples of that stuff too!
Cheryl-- very cool that you got to see your old friend.
Katy--a gazebo? how cool! We have a "pavillion" or so dh calls it. Love to sit out there and watch stuff. Have fun with yours & would love to see photos!
Is everyone still in triple digit temps? Heard that in MO the low was 95. Awful!!!

Here's what happened last night & I would love to read what you all think. IMHO, this man should be throttled, silenced, and permanently ignored for all the hurt he has caused & this is only 1.
My FIL, who's 85 & in sw CO called & after a 20 min conversation basically told my DH about what he calls a "supposed" affair that MIL had in 1951 and that DH was the son from this guy. WTH?? After 61 years you tell him this???? Why?????? Anyway, he has no proof but just suspicions and of course MIL is dead so can't ask her. Boy did that send my hubby into a tailspin. So what do you guys think? He said this cuz he's a rambling hurtful old man? Or was he doing a deathbed confession? Or?????

I'll be back....

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Abby0317

Oh Terry.....not sure what to think about that conversation. It makes me quite sad for your dh to learn this after all of the years. How is he dealing with the new information? Not sure I could handle it very well.

Still not back to 100%. Going back to the doctor this afternoon and gonna request an xray or some testing to see what is going on. Something is not right somewhere.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Anna C

Hi, everyone!

Terry: what a terrible thing for your FIL to tell your husband after all these years.

Anna: so sorry you're "not right." Hope you get to the bottom of what is wrong! And I hope you feel better soon!

I am having a hard time finding a CNA job. Everyone wants experience. Well, this weekend my mom suggested that I look into volunteering somewhere. I will make a whole bunch of phone calls and see if I can get something set up. I doubt they would let me do direct patient care, but even if I just came in and talked to people and played games or something, that would still be good.

Hope everyone has a great week!

DOO:
Fall Fun By Jaspernonyx

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to jaspernonyx

Hey guys!

Cathe...you can join me anytime at the beach! We went to Siesta Key...it's our favorite. Stayed til about 2 then went in the pool. Gonna be an easy dInner tonite. I made bruschetta and we' ll have spaghetti with roasted onions and garlic. Pat just opened the door and it smells soooo good

Anna-trust your instincts...ask to be tested if something doesn't feel right. I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well

Terry-you got a deal! I'd rather photograph wildlife and nature than people any day. Funny thing about the weather...it's cooler in Florida than the rest of the country. Go figure. What the heck is up with your FIL? I cant imagine how your hubby must feel. I'd be ticked off...to say something now that isn't even a sure thing...that's awful

Kim-good luck with your volunteer search. That's a great idea!

Gotta put the spaghetti up. Have a great night ladies

Page 20 of 21 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics