Username Post: quilting scrapbook        (Topic#1578101)
Tenant

My sister makes amazing quilts. She recently made one for me. I know that she takes pictures of all her quilts and as a thank you, I would love to make her a scrapbook to put all her quilt pictures in. I want to make a 12X12 one. It would be a pre-made scrapbook where she could put her pictures in by herself. I just don't know how I should go about it. I was thinking using patterned paper for background and having 2-3 mats in place where she could place her pictures. Then a smaller journaling block to write about the quilt (pattern, when made, who for etc.). My concern is I don't want the patterned paper to take away from the quilt pictures. But I don't want to just use all plain cardstock either. Suggestions?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-01-12 08:45 AM
In response to ladylee84

That's a lovely idea. I think your concern about the patterns is right on target. I'd go in with lightly distressed but mostly solid color - Basic Grey often has wonderful papers like this, and I'm dying to get these Paper Loft packs. Or another option is to go with solid color but textured - like these Core'dinations packs (which you could also sand to add a little definition to the embossing.

tshappat
Tenant
tshappat
In response to stick

Why not use actual quilt block patterns. One block for each page?

Copper Top
Diva
Copper Top
In response to tshappat

How about some suble tone-on-tone patterns. It wouldn't be as plain as solid cardstock and won't take away from the beautiful quilt photos.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Copper Top

Here's an idea...ask to browse her photos of her quilts and take note of patterns she uses, any predominant themes or colors...and choose lightly patterned papers or cardstocks to coordinate. I feel like any subtle pattern on a paper will not detract from the quilt after the photo is laid on solid color paper.

For that matter, what if you mat on all cream, kraft, white or black cardstock for continuity???

Edited by Juansmom on 10-21-12 12:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics