Username Post: Archival Sprays (or the like)        (Topic#1578107)
Alichan
New Kid On the Block
Alichan

I am pretty sure there was a post on this topic not so long ago, but I can't seem to find it, so please forgive a repeat. I have small memorabilia (like train tickets), a small painted watercolor embellishment, and dried flowers that I wanted to try to preserve better before putting into LOs. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Alichan

Henri Jean is the one who writes about it the most. I googled it and came up with a bunch of sprays. They are expensive, but Henri says a can lasts for a long time. Maybe something you could use a coupon for at Mike's or J's.~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Alichan

I'm going to use Memory Glass slides for some dried flowers. I bought some at J's but sb carries various sizes.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

Thanks Judy. The only brand I've used is "Make It Acid Free" and I use that on ticket stubs and menus and that type of thing. I've never tried it on anything else.

Checking the spray can... It is made by Krylon (but I've had several different scrapbook stores order it for me - have never found it with other Krylon paints and products like Lowes or Home Depot).

The label says, "Neutralizes acids that deteriorate and cause brittleness. Extends the life of scrapbook materials.

It specifically mentions paper prockets and tickets but newspaper but doesn't mention other things.

I don't know how it would be with the dried flowers but I wouldn't think it could hurt.

I use to soak stuff in it and that made the paper warp and sometimes made letters run. Now I lightly mist each side and it doesn't affect it like it did when I saturated it. And it does last me a long time.

Alichan
New Kid On the Block
Alichan
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks so much!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Alichan

Henri, do you use it on things like maps or brochures from museums and the like?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

I do Julie - I put it on any original paperwork I'm scrapping like tickets and brochures.

I use the spray on a lot of things but only time will tell as to how much it really helped. It makes me feel better anyway.

For airline tickets now and cruise tickets and that type of thing where you print your own tickets before you go I just print out an extra set so I have a fresh one on good paper for scrapping.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics