Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Is it just me???        (Topic#1578111)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

I'm a paper junkie. I loveeee paper. I have tons of paper stacks, single sheets and paper scraps

How is it possible that I can never find that exact shade or design that I want when I go to make something? I mean...I have enough paper to last me the rest of my life. It just doesn't make any sense

SMH....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I could probably scrap the rest of my life and not make a very big dent in my paper supply either.

Sometimes I have to run out to find just the right shade of solid cardstock but even that is getting less and less often.

And patterned paper - I never need another sheet. I always scrap out of my stash but that isn't saying much becuase my stash is ridiculous.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I needed gray cardstock and couldn't believe I didn't have any. Gray, like light smoke/fog color. I looked online and couldn't find any there either. Am I the only person who has a NEED for light gray? I ended out printing my own background, which is what I do most of the time. Stacks and stacks of paper and I print my own.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to mrsdriver5

I was looking for a soft pink. I finally found what I was looking for and printed it with my Cricut Imagine

Expert

I too have so much paper it's ridiculous...yet..I too...can't find the "right" shade. I think it's a conspiracy..ha ha....the paper companies must change the shades ever so slightly, just so what I have doesn't coordinate...(only kidding). I have found that pinks and blues seem to be the worst offenders when it comes to coordinating.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-01-12 10:32 AM

I'm also looking for a light gray. The other day I needed a pale yellow and out of all the yellows I had, none of them were pale enough. So I had to go buy some. It took me forever to find the right shade. So I'm right there with ya!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

No, you're not the only one- I love gray. I got a heap of nice grays at J's, from the singles racks- I like 'Lake Mist' from the Tim Holtz Adirondack collections, for a darker 'real' gray, I like 'Slate' (same collection) and 'Stormy Gray' from Core'dinations. Also, I like 'Weather Vane' from the Core'dinations Whitewash series.

AAaaaand there is some really nice gray color, with a smooth texture, that I also grabbed a stack from in the singles rack- but I can't remember the name of the color OR the manufacturer... but it was near all the ones I mentioned above.

Gray for the win!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to designguyKORY

I have SEVERAL feet of scrap paper on my shelves, but this morning I was thinking a navy blue floral (or possibly other pattern) would be nice for my lo and I had NOTHING that had the look/feel of what I was wanting. I also know that I don't have much yellow and really not much pink...which is shocking, because I LOVE pink AND I have a dd, so lots of reasons for buying pink!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-01-12 10:44 AM
In response to justowen

I got tired of running out to the store to find just the right color (or I should say "TRY" to find), so now unless I'm looking for something very specific like a Bazzill or Core'dinations texture, I try to make my own using inks, mists, stamps, etc. etc. And oddly, I'm having much more fun doing this than shopping!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to stick

Its the same situation as when you have a closet full of clothes, but when you're going to a party you can't find ANYTHING to wear! Because we are all addicted to paper and can never have enough...lol

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Crafting Marfa

That is totally ME TOO.

I'm trying really really hard to be less matchy matchy. I'm getting some nice results and the lo's aren't taking me as long!!! I'm a slow scrapper, but I think it takes me days to do 1 lo because I spend so much time shopping for the just-right something.

I've gotten 3 lo's done in ONE evening each. MAN! I really like this method!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
No, you're not the only one- I love gray. I got a heap of nice grays at J's, from the singles racks- I like 'Lake Mist' from the Tim Holtz Adirondack collections, for a darker 'real' gray, I like 'Slate' (same collection) and 'Stormy Gray' from Core'dinations. Also, I like 'Weather Vane' from the Core'dinations Whitewash series.

AAaaaand there is some really nice gray color, with a smooth texture, that I also grabbed a stack from in the singles rack- but I can't remember the name of the color OR the manufacturer... but it was near all the ones I mentioned above.

Gray for the win!

I looked up the ones that you suggested that are on sb and they're still too dark. If I were painting a room, I'd look for ice-gray I have a wide format printer, so it worked fine and I was able to get the exact shade I wanted, but I couldn't believe sb or J's online didn't show a really, really light gray. Maybe I should look for dirty white Thanks for the suggestions. I know I need gray so I'll probably order some of the Lake Mist. I've had sciatica running down my leg for the past week, so right now my options are online shopping or asking hubby to go in the store to shop for me and that's the proverbial crapshoot He's very willing, but we see colors way differently.

Jarvae...hope you find the exact shade you're looking for~

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I have trouble matching reds and trouble matching teals.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-01-12 01:44 PM
In response to Henri Jean

I'm also partially colorblind... I have a hard time distinguishing blue from purple. I rely on my DH to help me with that. He's actually pretty good at it!

Mrs Driver... Did you see the cardstocks they have here? I found a couple that are close to what I'm looking for (at least from what I can tell on screen). I'm sorry to hear about the sciatica. I have that too so I feel your pain. My doc wants me to have surgery for it but I refuse until it is absolutely 200% necessary.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Vae

Okay, I was pretty sure it wasn't Bazzill that was the perfect shade of light gray that I love- but maybe it's close to that 'Fig Swirl' color. I don't know. I wish I knew who made it and where exactly I bought it, before I run out and can never find it again.

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
I have trouble matching reds and trouble matching teals.

Reds are the worst! There are so many and no matter how many reds I have, I don't have the right one!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to michelley2002

When I find a nice red cardstock I like with no pinks or burgundy or tomato in it - a real red I buy at least 25 sheets. I keep it stocked up. It is just so hard to find a good true red.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to michelley2002

I'm glad to see I am not alone!

Know what else I hate? When you buy paper online and think its the perfect shade...thn when you get it, it's so different than what displayed on your screen. I did that with polka dot paper...the dots were much bigger than I thought they'd be lol

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

Jarvae~The Fig Swirl looks like what I was looking for. I clicked on "gray" when I was looking for paper online and not much came up except dark gray. I'm thinking I probably clicked on paper instead of cardstock. Who knows...I wanted it then, anyway...not in a couple of weeks. I know I need to put some shades of light gray in my shopping cart so I have it when I need it. Thanks~

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I am still totally impressed that you can make your own paper! How cool!!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics