Username Post: Wooden Stamp Storage        (Topic#1578113)
cricketnest
Diva
cricketnest

Been awhile since I have been here but was looking for ideas on how to organize wooden stamps. I have a couple of hundred sets (maybe a little less) I am looking for an easy way to access them without taking up all my storage space. I have a newer scrapbook room that is in shambles because I am a little overwhelmed on how to organize it. I have browsed through the gallery but not seen much that clicked. The only thing I have figured out is how to organize my stickers and embellishments and I love the idea I came up with. I have figured out that the more I have visible, the more I use, rather than hoard. Thanks for any tips.
Chris

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to cricketnest

I also have tons of wood mounted stamps. My image stamps are stored in plastic Iris boxes from Michaels', grouped by manufacturer. I labeled each box (e.g., House Mouse 1, House Mouse 2, etc). Then I stamped each stamp off onto paper that I sorted into a binder by which bin it's in. Then I just go through my binder, find which stamp I want, and go to the box it's in and get it.

The only stamps not stored by manufacturer are my sentiment stamps and my Christmas stamps.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to siameseplease

Mine are by categories in my library card catalog.

Scraproom (February 2012) - Card catalog drawers 3 By Aquabunny

One drawer is Christmas/Winter, Snoopy, and journaling block stamps. My acrylic blocks are in that drawer too. Another is non-Christmas words and phrases, definitions, and large backgrounds. The other drawer is stamps that don't fit into those categories. My Stampin' Up wood-mounted stamps are in their plastic containers in one of my 12x12 Sterilite drawer units, but I have only three sets of those. My one clear-mount Stampin' Up set is in its case in one of my stamp drawers, laying atop some large regular stamps. My rabbit stamps are all currently in storage until I have a rabbit again.

I keep samples of all my stamps in a binder, along with samples of all my punches and dies.

Inventory Binder - Stamps By Aquabunny

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to aquabunny

I just did a post about my stamp organization on my blog.... in my signature!
HTHs!!

Edited by binkiemonstermom on 07-19-12 02:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to binkiemonstermom

Sounds neat, too bad those of us with signature viewing turned off can't see the link...

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to aquabunny

I didn't realize that you could do that!!!

I learn something everyday.

Here's the link in case you can't see my signature:

http://3monkeysthrowingar oundsomepaper.blogspot.com/
HTHs!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to binkiemonstermom

Thanks. Love your binder, that's a lot like the binder I use. Unfortunately, as I keep adding new stamps (and purging ones I don't use), there isn't room in the old categories anymore. I'm thinking about putting the samples of the smaller stamps in baseball card pocket pages, and still using regular 8 1/2 x 11 pages for the larger stuff. It would give me more freedom to move things around.

With mine I also keep track of the stamp's manufacturer and item number. I started doing that when cataloguing my Sizzix dies, and continued it when I catalogued my stamps and punches. I'm not sure why I do it with the stamps and punches, but with the Sizzix dies it was to enable me to get rid of some of the original packaging that had information about designers and release dates.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to aquabunny

I have a plastic shoe organizer (with pockets-not shelves) and it is hanging on the wall of my scraproom closet. If you don't get one with clear pockets, you can label the pockets (sentiments, backgrounds, dogs and cats, Christmas etc.)

I'm not sure that would work for hundreds of them, though! You'd have to have a closet full of hanging organizers

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Kim222

Here's what I do. Pretty much the same as "Siameseplease", but here's a photo.

Great wooden stamp storage By Dwelch

And if you have any of those itty bitty square stamps, order ammo boxes like these and you can get 3 sets in each box.
Ammo Storage for small wooden stamps By Dwelch

wiccan333
Tenant
wiccan333
In response to dwelch

I use a similar system for what wooden stamps I want to keep on their blocks. The Iris extra large photo case which holds 16 individual case hold mine. I am down to 1 box now as I have removed my stamps from their blocks by heating the stamp in my microwave for 20-30 seconds and then slowly peeling the rubber off. The red rubber stamp comes off easily. I use a piece of EZ Mount foam static cling sheet. I stamp the image on a piece of scrap paper and mount that between the foam and the clear cling so I can see where I am placing the image. The cling makes a nice seal between the acrylic block and the stamp. I store these on storage panels made for these cling stamps and keep them in binders by category. I have an MS Access database on my laptop (and phone) where I have my stamps inventoried. If I need a Butterfly, I type it in the database search engine and it will tell me what book and page the butterfly is on. I love Access because you can add pics of the stamps to the pages along with measurements, stamp co info etc.

shetang
Tenant
shetang
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Mine are by categories in my library card catalog.
My husbands not going to be very happy. Now he has to bring my card catalog cabinet back into the house (and upstairs). This will be perfect. Thanks for the great idea Aquabunny.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics