Username Post: Organizing Paper help?        (Topic#1578139)
Inaara
Inaara 
Tenant
Inaara

Hello everyone! I'm in the process of organizing my study room. I'v gotten permission to use a part of it for my scrapping. Pulling out all the pounds of stationary I have collected over the years, I have encountered a problem. I have a major collection of papers I have found, but there is no way I can find to organize them. I want to refrain from buying a paper organizing tray (not sure what its called). How else can I organize all this paper?
Here is a general list of what I have:
Colored cardstock
patterend paper
scraps (many different types and textures)
construction paper (8x11)
construction paper (larger size)
notebok paper
graph paper

Thank you!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Inaara

If you look through the Gallery>Scraprooms, you might be able to get ideas of how others have arranged their supplies, including paper. Depending on how much you have, could you use a portable file cabinet and put the different types of paper in hanging folders? I have 2 rolling carts stacked on top of each other that have 6 storage cases in each. I organize by the rainbow (ROYGBIV), then have some separate cases for white/black/scraps/a few special themes...but then I have a big box in another room piled with paper that I have no room for, so I obviously don't have the best answers You could also browse through the sb store, search for "organization" and it might give you some ideas. Even if you don't buy something, maybe it will make you think of something around the house that you already own that you could use.~Judy

Inaara
Inaara 
Tenant
Inaara
In response to mrsdriver5

I tried to find ideas and inspiration by looking through the scraprooms, but it was difficult, as the general idea was the same through each room. I was able to find an unused bookshelf in the garage, along with some containers, but they are either filled with other supplies, or don't have the right size. I found a manilla folder technique which I am highly considering, but I will surely look through the store as well. Thank you!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Inaara

The first thing that I would do ( i actually did it myself) is to sort through all the papers and get rid of anything that you dont like. I ended up keeping about 1/3 of my stash. The rest I will donate to a friend. Then prioritize. Do you prefer color, theme, or manufacturer? Last, my best suggestion, although you wont like it, is to invest in a cabinet with 12 x 12 pull out drawers. Paper can damage very easily. If you dont store it properly it may be ruined by the time that you are ready to use it.

Inaara
Inaara 
Tenant
Inaara
In response to Crafting Marfa

My sister brought me some organizing trays from her office clean out sale, so I ended up using them. Thank you!

pamela.tx
Guru
pamela.tx
In response to Crafting Marfa

I have a few of the 12 X 12 pull out drawer sets. I bought them at either Target or Wally World fairly inexpensive. It was a good investment for me because they are clear plastic, easy to see through. Each drawer is color specific (black & white in 1 drawer, Pinks and reds in another, Blues and purples in another, etc) It helped my clutter look more organized and created less of a headache for me.....just a thought

Inaara
Inaara 
Tenant
Inaara
In response to pamela.tx

I am very fond of the idea. However, I don't have a place to keep them at the moment, as the room is full on unorganized stuff. I will consider it definitely later on though! Thanks

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Inaara

• Inaara Said:
My sister brought me some organizing trays from her office clean out sale, so I ended up using them. Thank you!

Woo-hoo! Glad you have a nice sister who thought of you and that you can get your paper in order. Scrapping definitely keeps a person busy being organized.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics