Username Post: What your favorite...        (Topic#1578145)
mrs.farmer
Veteran
mrs.farmer

Embossing machine.... I've seen several out there Sizzix Spellbinders and cuttlebug?

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to mrs.farmer

I want the grand calibur/spellbinders. I'm obsessed with all the nesties that cut/emboss. I've seen such beautiful work done.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Just G

I have the Cuttlebug. Very inexpensive and stores easily.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Mia1979

I have the sizzix texture boutique and love it! Got it for a really good price with a HL coupon. But I also knew that it ONLY embosses and it does not cut and i'm very happy with it and you can use some other companies embossing folders with it as long as they fit of course.

I already had the little red sizzix sidekick and the cricut expression and I really don't wanna have to mess with storing a bunch of dies and I knew if i'd gotten a machine that also cuts i'd be way to tempted to start buying a bunch of dies that I have no room for and really can't afford anyway. lol

Good luck picking

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Cindyckj

I can only speak for the Cuttlebug since that's what I have. And I LOVE it!

I worried at first about it being only A5 sized, so much smaller than 12x12, but I rarely need cuts bigger than the plates, and for embossing I just emboss more sheets and hide the seams.

I've had mine 4 years and it's seen some heavy use. I still use the original B plate for cutting onto although it is warped now, and all the other plates are still pristine. The only maintenance it has needed is to tighten up the screw in the handle - DH noticed, not me.

I can honestly say I use my Cuttlebug on pretty much every project, despite having a Silhouette digital cutter too.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to RedSquirrel

I am very happy with my Cuttlebug. The dies for the bigger machines are so expensive so it's not feasible for me. I use Spellbinders products in my bug.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I have the texture boutique and I love it!!! However I received a goodie bag that had a couple of cuttlebug dies. So now I am waiting for my cuttlebug to come in the mail. Tracking says July 9th...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to debby_westbrook

Just got my Big Shot. It seems to do nice embossing. I only have 2 folders and (one is all stars and the other is Hawaiian Shirt which is plumeria, hibiscus and monstera leaves) so I haven't had a need or opportunity to use either except to play with them.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Henri Jean

I have the Big Kick (same as a Big Shot) cuts and embosses

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Ohio4HMom

I love my Cuttlebug.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to prittb

I've got the Texture Boutique, Grand Calibur and a Vagabond, and when I want to emboss, I grab the Texture Boutique because it is so handy and easy to use. I got on the embossing craze last year and bought about 40 embossing folders. I'm like that, when I first start something new, I just have to have it all. I think they call that excessive compulsive behavior. I guess I've got that.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to Mother Goose

I have the Cuttlebug and the Big Shot and they both emboss really nicely. I was very happy with my Cuttlebug until I purchased some really intricate dies that didn't cut all the way through on the Cuttlebug and that is when I upgraded to the Big Shot. Both machines are about the same price at Joann's right now, so and they are offering free shipping with a $50 order.

Good luck and happy embossing!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

• debby_westbrook Said:
I have the texture boutique and I love it!!! However I received a goodie bag that had a couple of cuttlebug dies. So now I am waiting for my cuttlebug machine to come in the mail. Tracking says July 9th...

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2

I haven't got one myself (it is on my wishlist) and from what I have heard you can use all the malls on the Bigshot, so also those from Cuttlebug. If I am getting one, I probably would go for the Bigshot.

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to elsje2

I have the Big Kick and love it!

mrs.farmer
Veteran
mrs.farmer
In response to purpledurple

Thanks everyone! this was really helpful! I still havent decided but this will make it easier...

Tenant
In response to mrs.farmer

I love my Lifestyle Crafts/Quickutz Epic 6!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics