Username Post: harvesting Xmas items        (Topic#1578153)
TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

Thats what am doing right now, harvesting xmas items. I want to start way early this year. I always end up making a lot of cards in November but now, I want to start early. I already know what theme I want to make.

Who else does this? Do you have a particular theme that you use each year? Is it different or always similar?

I tend to have a different theme each year, whether it is a theme of charms, colour or stamps used...there is always a diff theme. This year, I want to use the Tim Holtz number 25 as a main theme...I already have me red embossing powder, red stickles and paper ready. Have to think about other items tho...

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 07-02-12 07:40 AM
In response to TheCharmedOne

I am starting Christmas cards too. this is the first time I am making cards not buying a box. I have a list of all the people (as of now) that I will be making cards for and have a general idea what I want to do. I have started cutting embellishments and puting things together but haven't finished a single card yet. but that is why I am starting so early.

I like your theme idea. I'll see how this year goes and maybe adopt that for next year.

Expert
In response to Cinj

I am particularly fond of the term, "harvesting xmas items" It just tickled me. Thanks for the smile.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to deedee49

lol you are most welcome. Its how I call it rofl...

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

I agree with Deedee, sounded like an interesting harvesting project!
I make my cards every year and I do it like you describe sort of...I collect my needed items after I decide a specific theme or in my case specific rubber stamp. We don't do 'Christmas' as much as the 'Winter Season'. But I love deer and love them so much that often they become the card theme for me! I got a new stamp from PSX that has a phrase which I will be altering for my cards. It says 'Believe in the magic of Christmas' But I will make it say 'Believe in the magic of Winter' The stamp is big and has a reindeer framed with pine sprigs and holly and a ribbon with a bow, then the words at the bottom of the stamp. I just loved this stamp so much and am also planning how to stamp the design and cut out the center where the deer is to put photos in! I also love to use red and gold papers(the shiny metallic gold kind) and then accent with white and green. So that is my card plan, but I have not yet completed the first one, still harvesting so I will have everything I need when I start, which is usually the hottest day of the season in August.
Great topic tho, I love ones like this so I can see what you other creative people are doing!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to catzscrapper

Thanks for your input! That stamps sounds gorgeous!

Yes its handy to do it like this. I'm always running late and figured, I'll start way early.
Also, the cutting dies I managed to get cheap (shopping off season is great for bargains!)

So far, I've cut out all the numbers, inked them and put the stickles on them. I've cut the base paper to shape. I'll be using the K&Company christmas paper for this year.
Just recieved a Kaisercraft xmas stack so gonna try to use that aswell.
I'm planning to emboss the edges this coming week...
I bought some awesome beige/light brown fibers and ribbons yesterday to use on the beige coloured cards. Some of me friends arent really into the whole xmas red colours so I'll send them beige themed cards with just a touch of red...

Am just excited that I managed to start a lot earlier than I normally would. And I love it that I am not alone in this lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I start mine every year in July,,,,,I don't do themes so much, but about half are vintage and half are cute. I also make Hanukkah cards and Thanksgiving cards at this time of year, although much fewer of those. I do need to stock up on Christmas ribbon this year though First good sale at HL and I'm good for the year

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to CommaHolly

lol Holly, thank heavens Halloween isnt that big overhere or I would be stuck! I do have the graphic 45 Halloween papers tho, couldnt resist to buy those. I always seem to have the xmas season on mind when I go to craft stores, I always come back home with something red or green. Last Friday, I bought some beige fibers and ribbons for the cream/beige/gold coloured cards.

Overhere, it really is a challange to find anything for xmas at this time of year tho. We have this silent rule that there are no xmas items to be sold before Dec 5th as we have a children's holiday then. Dec 6th, everything gets changed to xmas.

On occassion I find items early on our Dutch auction site, like the TM Noel die and the TM Reindeer die... I love those!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics