Username Post: Best stamping ink?        (Topic#1578165)
*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

I'm looking for recommendations for the best stamping ink for getting crisp images with clear stamps on cardstock. I'm just getting into stamps and I'm still figuring out what inks are for what.

TIA!

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to *jesse*

Here is a list of my favorite inks:

Versafine -- for very detailed stamps
Jenni Bowlin
Stampin Up
Memento
Staz On
Products Referenced in This Post:

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to *jesse*

I like Memento and Versamark.

Chalk ink works really well with clear stamps, too.

I have found, though, that I despise clear stamps.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-02-12 10:49 AM
In response to kelseymel

You may find this link helpful:
http://www.scrapbook.com/tips/doc/32019/209.html

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to *jesse*

I like versamark for embossing...
I like StazOn for stamping over photos or on vellum or if you are going to colour in the stamps (it's permanent ink)
I like TH distress inks for just regular stamping (or sometimes for embossing)
You might want to google inks for a chart (or maybe there is one on here somewhere?) ETA: oops I think I replied at the same time as Stick
Different inks are made for different things....

Have fun with it! You will soon be hooked!
Alison

Edited by kiyawinn on 07-02-12 10:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-02-12 11:05 AM
In response to kiyawinn

Like kiyawinn I do like stamping with Distress, but if you want crisp you'll likely be happier with something like Memento or Staz On.

Also, generically speaking rubber will tend to give you a crisper and more detailed image than clear stamps. I find rubber to be easier to use than the clear ones as well.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to stick

I have mainly clear stamps and for the most part I use Jenni Bowlin inks which give me a really crisp image and also works well with Copic markers. I've also had success with Memento, Colorbox Chalk, and Staz-On inks.
You could also check out companies that manufacture clear stamps and offer a range of inks, such as PTI & CTMH. It makes sense that they would ensure their inks are formulated to give good results with clear stamps.
That said, not all clear stamps are created equal, so make sure you're using high quality photopolymer stamps for the best impression...

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to traceyjean

Interesting topic! I don't really stamp that often and my ink is cheap but I have recently wanted to get into it! I like distress, although I'm looking into buying Memento

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to ScrappinGirl162

Thanks for the recommendations... I'm going to take advantage of free shipping day to try some out.

Stick, in my limited experience, I have noticed that clear stamps don't give the vest impression. Wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong, if it was the wrong ink, or just the nature of the things.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-02-12 01:49 PM
In response to *jesse*

Jesse, I find it's VERY easy to press too hard with the clear stamps, always do a practice stamp or two first.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to stick

I use Staz on it works pretty good.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to Mia1979

I use Staz On for my clear stamps. You can use distress ink, but it gives an interesting result, which I would not call crisp.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to elsje2

For stamping images, I use Stampin' Up colored inks. Depending on what black I need, I use stazon or SU black ink.
I love TH inks but I don't stamp with them. I have never been able to get crisp images with them no matter what kind of stamp I use. I love them for distressing though!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics