Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Unintentional Collection        (Topic#1578173)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

Have you accumulated an "unintentional collection" of one particular item? Something you find yourself buying more and more of just because you can't pass it by? Mine consists of typewriter stamps (wood mounted). I've gotten quite a collection of them, but still whenever I see a new one, I absolutely CANNOT pass it by. what is it that you just keep collecting, though you never intended to.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

Patterned Papear. I just can't stop buying it. And die-cuts or cut-outs. I just keep buying them.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Henri Jean

My collection (addiction!!) is embossing and dies for the Cuttlebug... any brand. Everyone in my big is perfect!!!

Expert
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Flowers!! I see a pretty pack, they just jump into my cart or basket.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to scrappy_day

Punches. How many does a girl need?

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to 950nancy

Flowers for me as well! It's a running joke with some girls I scrap with on Wednesday's that I can't do a lo without one! lol I have those plastic contairs from target, the green clippy ends. I have 7 of those STUFFED with flowers, plus about 10-15 jars of flowers....AND I just bought a few at JAS! LOL

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-02-12 01:48 PM
In response to 950nancy

I can't seem to stop buying dies and punches in christmas light shapes. I also seem to have several dies in the shape of signs and billboards. And anything in a cloud shape - I even bought chipboard clouds recently and I NEVER use chipboard ... I'm not entirely certain what to do with them, lol.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Samothrace

DWelch!

I just saw your comment on my blog and laughed- I have quite a collection of manual typewriter stamps, TOO.

I also learned to type on a manual typewriter. I got one for Christmas when I was...very young. And with my Mom's old college typing textbook (!) - I began to teach myself to type in my bedroom.

I would KILL to still have my old typewriter! I dont even remember what happened to it...

-K

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to designguyKORY

punches, specifically the Martha Stewart around-the-page ones
Nestabilities (I blame this one squarely on Holly )

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to madmatter

Letter stickers. Ribbon. Book-themed paper. Neat clear stamps, which I rarely use no matter how great they are. Autumn-themed stuff, even though I do only maybe 4 autumn pages a year.

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher
In response to aquabunny

Mine is brads.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to aquabunny

Punches, paint, buttons/brads aaaannnnnd glimmer mists. Oh and now the craze is also "washi tape". Of course I love stamps (butterflies, hearts, flowers and such).

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to dwelch

mine "MUST HAVE" is NAUTICAL anything.
I just bought these over the weekend.

Sing it with me...
Sailing takes me away
To where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to ...

Expert
In response to Mia1979

Teapots, teacups,and coffee things seem to be my weakness. Whether they be stamps, embellishments, paper...anything!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to deedee49

I have an unintentional collection of border punches. I have at least 15 and I didn't buy a single one of them. It's so weird- any time I win something, it's bound to contain a border punch! I've even won the same border punch three times.

Cindy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-12 03:57 PM
In response to deedee49

FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS!!! I'm trying to figure out how to organize and store them now because I have so many bins and boxes full of flowers!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
FLOWERS FLOWERS FLOWERS!!! I'm trying to figure out how to organize and store them now because I have so many bins and boxes full of flowers!

Im with you on that one. I went through a phase where I bought soooo many Prima flowers in different colors. I still have them in rubbermaid containers. I rarely use them. I need to though.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Mia1979

I adore flowers, but they don't qualify as a collection, because I use them up as fast as I buy them

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to madmatter

Pattern paper, pattern paper and even more pattern paper....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to debby_westbrook

Didn't think about it but I'm with Gelidy - anything nautical.

Plus cruise, beach, and travel stuff. Can't resist travel stuff for different countries whether I'm planning to go there or not. I might some day.

I've even got papers and embellies for places like Morocco. I'm not planning on going there. But it could happen and I'm prepared.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics