Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Unintentional Collection        (Topic#1578173)
michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to debby_westbrook

Border stickers and die cuts. I have at least 50 of them and I rarely use them. They are just so darn cute!

Kory-that's funny about the typewriter. When I was a kid I begged for one for Christmas because I was going to be the next Great American Novelist (LOL-that did not work out). I just asked my mom a week ago if it was still in the attic. She laughed at me and told me that she got rid of it like 10 years ago. it's too bad, some legit typewritten journaling would have made a great LO...

klong618
Tenant
klong618
In response to michelley2002

Baby themed anything!!! I haven't even started my son's book and I'm pretty sure I have enough paper and stickers to make 3 books.
Also I just recently started using brads and now I can't get enough of those either. That clearance sale at Js on saturday did me in!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to michelley2002

So glad I am not suffering alone. Misery DOES like company. I just did a video about what I thought was just an unintentional collection, but I was sadly very wrong. I am not just collecting things but have a REAl disease that is threatening scrappers worldwide. SAF!!! Scrappers Avian Flu/Flew. More info on my blog and video tomorrow. And yes Henri Jean, I am pimping :-)

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Henri Jean

Pens, pencils and markers oh my! Yup, I have Copics, Prismacolors, Tombows, gel, metallic, and a whole motley crew that I can't even remember the brands. I can't get enough!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Crafting Marfa

I will be on the road tomorrow but I will have to go take a peek. I can get some things on my phone but frustrating because it is so darn small, so most likely it will be from a hotel tomorrow night. Have several days of yours to catch up.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Adhesives. I'm a glue junkie. I love to use different adhesives for different things. Most of my collection were gifts or items that I won. I would have never thought of collecting adhesives intentionally!

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to dwelch

Patterned paper and ANYTHING with Christmas - paper, embellishments, cartridges, stamps, ribbon, and on and on. I just can't resist Christmas!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Adhesives. I'm a glue junkie. I love to use different adhesives for different things. Most of my collection were gifts or items that I won. I would have never thought of collecting adhesives intentionally!

for some reason this cracked me up ... adhesives?

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 07-02-12 08:03 PM
In response to madmatter

Adhesives... that is great! I love it! I don't have enough adhesives... I am determined to find only one (ok, maybe 2) kind that works for everything.

I did realized tonight that I have much more ribbon than I thought. So I spent the evening reorganizing it for the 3rd time. Hopefully my new method will stick.

Tomorrow I'm planning on getting some vertical paper holders as my cart is now officially over capacity and the drawers are collapsing.

Still have no idea what to do with all these flowers. Oh and klong618, I'm with you on the brads. I just started collecting them too and now I have tons!! Guess I need to find a good way to store those too.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
  • Luvmyfam Said:

for some reason this cracked me up ... adhesives?

That is so funny...just tonight I was thinking about when I first started scrapping. I'd see pictures of scraprooms and they'd have so many different kinds of adhesives. I thought they were crazy....who needed that many different kinds??? Guess who has 2 baskets full now??

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to flintridgescrapper

This is soo funny!
I can't seem to pass up really cute journalling cards, buttons, ribbon, Christmas stuff, and Halloween stuff.....
I actually use the journalling cards but have so many, it would take me to next year to use them all!
I realized at some point that I don't even use buttons on layouts and hardly ever use ribbon.....I did manage to purge a bunch of ribbon and buttons but I held on to the really cute ones......and still don't use them!!

Alison

Tenant
In response to kiyawinn

For me it's brads and paper about to go on a 10 day holiday and all I want is to bring home more brads and paper! I'm just starting to collect punches to

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

i guess mine would be sizzix dies?

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
DWelch!

I just saw your comment on my blog and laughed- I have quite a collection of manual typewriter stamps, TOO.

I also learned to type on a manual typewriter. I got one for Christmas when I was...very young. And with my Mom's old college typing textbook (!) - I began to teach myself to type in my bedroom.

I would KILL to still have my old typewriter! I dont even remember what happened to it...

-K

Mine is getting even worse. I recently bought two (not one - TWO) old portable manual typewriters at a flea market! I keep my stamps scattered around those. A friend of mine also gave me her mom's old (REALLY old) shorthand books and I have those there as well.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to dwelch

Christmas paper. And NO MORE, I've stopped. I have enough to make cards for the next 10 years and then some. I have to remind myself that I make at most 2-4 Christmas LOs per year, I don't need a collection pack for that.

Double-sided tape. I mean it isn't a collection exactly, because it all disappears, but I seem to have a stack of rolls in my drawer at any given time.

Darla I have 2 typewriter wooden stamp sets, because I bought a smaller set when I was travelling. That's one more than I need. I just need the matching numbers now and I'll be all set.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to flintridgescrapper

When I got my CE2 I had planned to get 1 or 2 carts because most of them are too cutesy. But I started getting more of them because I love labels, butterflies and flowers.

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse

Glitter and clear glass Christmas ornaments.

Veteran
In response to dwelch

Mine is snowflakes and leaves, mostly maple. I'm not sure how unintentional it is though - as I seem to zone in on any in any store; as these are not restricted to crafts or scrapbooking. I have tons of stamps and punches and embellishments; but also candles, candle holders, centerpieces, table cloths, napkin rings, lanterns - (on and on and on). Oh ya - it's bad!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to dwelch

My worst/best unintentional collection would be holiday paper - Christmas, Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, whatever. If they had Groundhog Day paper, I'd probably buy that, too. I'm obsessed with that pretty, pretty paper! However, with no kids, no nephews/neices/neighbors I have very limited use for holiday paper. How many holiday pictures of cats can you scrap???

And stamps. I don't stamp, but I keep buying them. And I bought a whole set of watercolor markers and have never used them because I don't color in things I never stamp.

Edited by meezerpleaser on 07-03-12 08:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to meezerpleaser

Ah, yeah, I have a snowflake problem too. Which doesn't make sense; I make only about two dozen Christmas cards a year, which are all different and aren't all snowflakey, and I have little to no need for Christmas/winter layouts.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics