Page 1078 of 1078 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to scrappin 2

I went to we'd whack today..got the cord all unwound, got the trimmer down....then realized it was out of string! put it al
Always before everyone came to swim. I wish Rum and I would work together and get it looking better.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to scrappin 2

Cheryl....this is all very interesting. Let me ask another question. If all this is true......and there are no passwords or such, why then are you the only one that can post things on the first page???? I and I know Tish, always thought that one had to have some kind of password or something once a thread was started as the hostess was the only one who could post anything on that first page. So this is also not true????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! Imagine that! When Tish gets back I am sure she will confirm what I have said......I have to tell you that I offered once to do that, for our previous hostess, so she could go someplace, on some trip as I recall, and she said it was too complicated to explain and I believe she also told Tish the same thing. It was something about passwords etc. So none of this is true, and why am I not surprised.......I just know that I always got the impression that it was complicated and a big deal. Interesting!!!!! isn't it??????

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning to everyone, I guess we have not moved yet......but I am no longer worried about the entire process........good grief!!!!! Can't believe all this time I have thought that it was! Shame on Me!!!!!!

It's a beautiful morning......blue sky, everything is damp from all the rain yesterday....a perfect morning to go out and weed. And trim the rest of my shrubs.

As for my yard. It is just a normal back yard about 75ft x 50 ft but it has beds all the way around the perimeter, and another around the patio and one long bed in the middle of the yard. This is where my only tree is. The yard is fenced with two gates that to to the alley. So I guess it's not big but a lot of work. Since Jeff started used that mulching blade, it blows grass into the beds and those are the kind of weeds I have.....that kind of grass that roots go to China, they are white, and longggggg! I use roundup in places where I can.....like along the fence in the alley, but it only works for a little while and then it's all back again. It would require almost daily maintenance which is what I used to do.....every morning out with coffee and pulled grass/weeds out of some area of the yard. I truly now understand why old people have no beds and the grass just grows up to the house. When I first moved down here, I could not understand why people did nothing to their yards and just had grass not a shrub or anything. Now I understand I think!

My front is much easier.....only shrubs across the front of the house and a small bed around the pad by the front door and driveway. Florida yards require a ton of maintenance. My neighbor has his down to a fine job, but he is out almost everyday doing something.

Coffee is ready......I have slept late again, boy I am going to have real trouble getting used to the work schedule!!!! Whew!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Diana....here is a link to a blurb about that book......It really is an interesting book and I love the writing style.

http://www.randomhouse.com/rhpg/guernsey/book/

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Here is also a blurb about the book 84 Charing Cross which I read years ago......and have also seen the movie several times.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/368916.84_Charing_Cr...

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to memex9

Good morning!It is gorgeous outside. going to be a high of 77.

Betsey when I visited my mom's cousin in Florida I thought the "grass" as so weird...too spikey to walk on with bare feet.

I read the links to the books you liked. 84 Charing Cross Road appealed to me more than Guernsey... I'll see which one the library has.

I am meeting Carole for a bit this morning. We both have something to take back to the mall.
I plan on going to the library.
I'm going to have Rayn and Kian spend the night.

Have a great day everyone.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - I am up and getting ready to start the new thread.

The person who starts the thread and makes the VERY FIRST POST on the thread (where we put the challenges) only that person can EDIT their own post. Every time there is something new to put on that very first post, I simply go to EDIT and change what needs changing. There is no password or anything. It is just EASIER to find and everyone to see the challenges if it is all done on the VERY FIRST POST. As simple as that!!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Here is the link to our new thread named Part 2

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15900...

Page 1078 of 1078 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics