Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Good morning ladies..........we are alive and well here in New Port Richey, but I am fast reaching the end of my patience. Truly. I knew this was a bad idea...........I am just battered. Let me just say, I hope none of you ever experience what I have in the past two evenings.......My dd Lisa, may be 52, but she truly needs professional help.....she is the master of zingers......and leaves me breathless much of the time....between her remarks about her brother, his children, his wife and the ones directly related to my "parenting skills" I feel battered and bruised........so far, I am able to keep my mouth shut and not start anything......but when my dgd Hillary, congratulates her Motherby saying she's proud of her for keeping her mouth shut, and "not being confrontational", it makes me sick to my stomach......I am truly ready to run away from home today. Do you think they would miss me at this baby shower! I am soooooo over it! We had so much fun last night, watching all the girls, including Lisa, and then all the zingers this morning ab out Jeff, and family, just make me sick........Monday morning can't come soon enough for me.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

After reading the above post.....I guess maybe my parenting skills should be in question.....I obviously failed miserably in the raising of this daughter. Seriously!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

Cheryl....I hope this new day finds you feeling better......I am sending you a hug.......and saying prayers.....if that is not working......the xanax is the next best thing!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Betsy, your mother may be right. I was tired and frustrated yesterday and just felt it all piled on me. I told dh that when our son graduates I want to move from Salem... He likes this house. The rent is resonable and he has his back yard for the garden and BBQ in the summer. But I need some distance from daughter.

Got an email from my dd Beckie (she is the sailor) she is out in the Ocean somewhere. I watched the movie Final Countdown. Its about the Nimitz going back in time to Dec 6th 1941. I accually walked on the flight deck last year when it was in dry dock. The ship is HUGE... and so many levels. I did hit my forehead on a bulkhead though lol

Edited by tneal40 on 10-06-12 06:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:
After reading the above post.....I guess maybe my parenting skills should be in question.....I obviously failed miserably in the raising of this daughter. Seriously!

NO. you did not fail. She's just being petty and ?jealous? I have a sis in-law that 'zings' after a gathering and I started saying to her years ago "for every neg you say I want a positive." She shuts up around me now.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Sunnydi

Well I have Dori's cold; my style of course...sore throat and hope it stops there. We're having a dinner party here tomorrow. sigh.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-06-12 07:58 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Good morning grams!

Off to the town of Buckley for the girls cheer. It was SOOOO cold last night, we left right after half time.

BETSEY I am so sorry your NOT so dd is being a b-witch! I too have a sister who loves to zing me. She has told me that she is jealous of me and knows she is being mean but can't help herself sometimes. She says it is a hard thing to break herself of. BUT is is very hard to remember that when that zinger hurts. I say take her aside before she leaves and TELL her that she HURTS your feelings!! DO IT!!!!!

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-06-12 07:59 AM
In response to charK

TEIA....you can RUN but you CANNOT hide....they will always find you!!!! lol

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-06-12 08:00 AM
In response to charK

DIANA gargle with warm salt water and HOT tea!!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to charK

Char yes but since she has no drivers licenses and no bus goes out there.. I can have some peace :0)

Betsy.. I grew up with my oldest brothers wife we lived down the road from each other. So she knows me better than I do.. also she knows all of the family. Her and my brother were bf and gf for years. No zingers from her. My other older brother's wife is from germany and she keeps him in line so well we all love that lady. so no zingers there. My little brother has passed away and his wife kept her kids from us for about 8 years so I do not know them to well but now that they are adults, I am learning about them. I have told them stories about their dad when he was younger. No zingers there.... but me and my sister zinger each other all the time.. not in a mean way but in a playful way. She is jealous of my creative side and I am jealous of her ability to keep an organized house so well.

I would explain to her that was not the way you raised her and you would appreciate it if she kept her hurtfull comments to herself. I have had to referee my girls sometimes with arguements. I totally agree with the if you cann't say something nice, do not say nuffin. Besides your the mom.. put your foot down and its YOUR house.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Home from the visit to my inlaws' farm. DH wanted to stop by his sister's grave after our visit and then took me out to eat when we got back to town. DH's mother wasn't feeling very well today and goes back for more chemo on Wednesday. I am going to try and scrap.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off:

Witches Brew Tag By Cdjohnson

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-06-12 02:31 PM
In response to memex9

• memex9 Said:

There is nothing wrong with your parenting skills, Betsey! All parents makes mistakes, well, I think they do, if not, God Bless Them! There are many things in my life I wish I could do over and then there are things in my life that I would not trade for all the tea in China!

You must be one tired woman tonight. Not only have you been cleaning for a couple of weeks, you have also been working five days a week too.

I know what you are referring to when you say zingers. I have been on the receiving end of them also, and they hurt. They hurt big time and you just suck in up, and keep your chin up and someday hope your own children will realize what raising a family entails.

I am feeling kind of wiped out right now myself. My house is clean and my two pans of lasagna are in the refrigerator ready for tomorrow. I have the fixings for the tossed salad and I will have my dil make it.

They called and said they will be later than they thought. The had a college soccer game to attend of Chelsea's before coming to Maine. The game went into double overtime and Chelsea scored the winning goal. Bless her heart! Woot, Woot, Woot!!!! Grandmother has bragging rights! LOL

If we can't sit up until they get here, I will leave notes for them!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-06-12 02:33 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, I hope your scrapping is good therapy for you. I love the witches tag! Excellent!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 10-06-12 02:35 PM
In response to cdjohnson

Wow, I had so much to say, and now my head is tired and drawing a total blank right now.

I need to clean myself up or my family will take one look at me, turn around and walk out the door!

Just kidding!!! I am so excited over their coming!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

Tish - Yes, the scrapping takes my mind off things. I am actually looking forward to going back to work so I don't have so much time to sit and think!! WOOHOO for Chelsea

Betsey - I agree that there is nothing wrong with your parenting skills!! Everyone makes the decisions they think are best at the time, right or wrong. I am sorry you are having to deal with hurtful things.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Dropping off again:

Trick or Treat By Cdjohnson

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Tish - Just so you don't think I am ignoring the challenge on this site, I am going to work on it but am waiting for some bling to arrive that I ordered from Peachy Cheap.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Di - You gave me the inspiration for the blue in this layout behind the lucky 8 punch!!

Dropping off:

Today is fun By Cdjohnson

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 10-06-12 05:52 PM
In response to cdjohnson

We froze last night and roasted today. It was so hot! Got there and NO bleachers and none of us brought chairs. So I stood and finally sat on the ground and kept getting ankle cramps. Who gets ankle cramps??

We were all hot and crabby by the time we left.

dd is upstairs in MY room watching a movie with the girls. The Saint is watching football down here.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics